View Poll Results: Who will be crowned America's Next Drag SUPERSTAR?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aiden Zhane

0 0%
  • Brita

0 0%
  • Crystal Methyd

0 0%
  • Dahlia Sin

0 0%
  • Gigi Goode

1 20.00%
  • Heidi N Closet

0 0%
  • Jackie Cox

1 20.00%
  • Jaida Essence Hall

0 0%
  • Jan

2 40.00%
  • Nicky Doll

0 0%
  • Rock M. Sakura

0 0%
  • Sherry Pie

0 0%
  • Widow Von'Du

1 20.00%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    When I meant "Favourite Runway" I meant as a collective whole, the most impressive runway (by and large) across all the queens. I too loved Gigi's Good Humour Girl, ohhhhh and that Sparkle look! YAS!!!

I have to say... Jackie's Button and Bows??? I love her, but boy did I hate that look! Can you talk me through why you loved it, so maybe I can appreciate it better?
    Oh, sorry I misunderstood your post!

As for Jackie's look, I just loved it from the moment I saw it. The color scheme of bright pink/purple and yellow hit me as soon as she walked out. The costume looked like a cross between something that might be seen in Victorian times, and an outfit an American square dancer would wear, maybe with a little Mary Poppins thrown in as well. I just thought it was fun, whimsical and really fit the theme of buttons and bows. It made me smile.

If you're not familiar with square dancing (I'm not sure it's popular in Europe) it's a type of dance done by (usually) four couples, and they tend to dress like this:

(off topic) If you are not familiar with square dancing, four couples for a 'square' and when the music starts, there is a caller who gives the dancers instructions that they must follow. They can be quite difficult. It may start with "bow to your partner" (so you bow to who you came with) "then bow to your corner" (bow to the person next to you from the next couple) and then your off. Here's a short video.

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    As for Jackie's look, I just loved it from the moment I saw it. The color scheme of bright pink/purple and yellow hit me as soon as she walked out. The costume looked like a cross between something that might be seen in Victorian times, and an outfit an American square dancer would wear, maybe with a little Mary Poppins thrown in as well. I just thought it was fun, whimsical and really fit the theme of buttons and bows. It made me smile.
    I do get the Mary Poppins vibes, and actually looking at it again I don't hate it. I think if it was more muted in colour, or something... something isn't working, and I can't put my finger on it. Maybe the hair, maybe the make-up, I don't know. But actually re-evaluating it, I don't hate it anymore. So thank-you.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Thumbs up, buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    Thumbs up, buddy!
    Thank-you, kindly. Two more days till All Stars!!! SQUEAL!!!
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

The final three covers for RuPaul's Drag Race Season 12 by the incredible Art by Cheyne. ALSO... Drag Race UK was nominated for a BAFTA yesterday for Best Reality and Constructed Factual (though RuPaul was not nominate for Entertainment Performance, which was a mistake)
    https://www.instagram.com/artbycheyne/

EPISODE XI

EPISODE XII

FINALE