Default DoX/Krakoa Question

I've read almost all the DoX books (all but Fallen Angels), but I'm still confused on why Moira doesn't want anyone to know she is there. Why?

Hmm well if she dies, then everything is reset. And Destiny warned this could be her last or second to last life left.

Also I think it would be pretty upsetting for everyone to learn the truth about her machinations.

I think she had an affair with Cyclops and if this gets out, Jean, Emma, Wolverine and Rachel will all be gunning for her.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    I think she had an affair with Cyclops and if this gets out, Jean, Emma, Wolverine and Rachel will all be gunning for her.
    best answer

Truthfully, I don't think its actually precogs so much as it is Destiny. In their meeting in Moira's life 3, Destiny made quite the impression; she told her that her powers now allowed her to perceive Moira so she wouldn't be able to hide, instructed her to do better for her people "or else" and then horrifically burned her to death to make sure the message stuck. Moira claims that their ability to "see her" and the fact that one death, hers, undoes everything makes them too great a risk. However in my opinion (and I fully acknowledge what thats worth) Moira is still scared and traumatized by the threat of Destiny and is using that power and risk as a pretext to prevent her return. The other precogs are just collateral.

Mighty Member

Besides Destiny, I thought she didn’t want precogs on the island due to the fact that no matter what the mutants will always lose in the end and that this was temporary (temporary being 100s or 1000s of years)

Because telepaths can find out Moira's secrets…?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    There are numerous telepaths on the island, some of the most powerful in the world. Jean Grey, Emma Frost, Betsy Braddock...

It's precogs she has problems with, so it's not so much what she's doing is is that she's doesn't want people to know where Krakatoa is leading - which is explored in the future books.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It's not that hard to protect yourself from telepaths, Shaw for example has been up to no good for some time now with no one being the wiser apparently.

Precogs are another matter, can't use tin-foil to block their power.

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    Nah, we all know there is an extra guest apartment in the basement of the moon sex palace.
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Nah, we all know there is an extra guest apartment in the basement of the moon sex palace.
    They need to fit Kurt a cat flap...