Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

In all fairness though, there's a HUGE difference between acquiring Superman and acquiring Prime. If they got their hands on Superman and Batman, they would do something with Superman and Batman. Whether or not what they do with them is an improvement or not is questionable ... but they almost certainly would do something with them.
    Still don't excuse marvel outbidding dc for ultraverse then burying them and never using them again. If you are not going to use them then don't buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    MARVEL RUMORED TO TAKE OVER DC COMICS

If true, I think it would be cool to see DCU characters interacting with 616 characters but I'd rather Marvel not attempt this given how they've screwed up the Ultraverse and the Sigilverse.
    Hell to the Nah Nah Nah!
    Let Marvel stick to writing the JL analogues they already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Still don't excuse marvel outbidding dc for ultraverse then burying them and never using them again. If you are not going to use them then don't buy them.
    I think there are legal and contractual reasons why the Ultraverse characters are difficult to use. I don't think marvel is allowed to talk about it, but they have alluded to it a couple of times.

If the rumours are true and AT&T are thinking about getting out of publishing and licensing out DC comics then no I don't want to see it merged into the 616. I feel that there are already too many books based in the 616. Outside of maybe alternate reality versions of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, JL and maybe a few others I would want DC to be treated as a completely separate line. Like they do with Star Wars. Earth One DC characters shouldn't be added to the 616 if the rumours are true. It's hard for me to think that the number 2 publisher in a industry that makes billions yearly is going to be shut down. If a company is making that kind of money yearly and are thinking about shutting down then they never should have been a publisher in the first place.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

As long as I get to see Power Girl, Spectrum, Dr. Fate, Thor, John Stewart (Green Lantern), Blue Marvel, Batman, Psylocke (Kwannon), Martian Manhunter, Scarlet Witch, Vixen, Rogue and the Demon (Etrigan) as the new Justice League, I'd be fine with it.

What would be my reaction few years ago: Oh no! Try to image Bendis of all people becoming the writer of Superman!!!!

First of all, it's not happening.

Secondly, even if AT&T did decide to shut down the publishing end of DC, they would never sell the characters outright, but rather license them out. And if they did license the characters to Marvel, it would be pretty foolish of Marvel to try to integrate the characters into the MU because that would cause a lot of headaches for them if and when the license expired. For instance, if they had Superman join the Avengers for a spell, and then lost the license to Superman a few years later, they would be unable to reprint the issues of Avengers in which Superman appeared. They run into problems like that now with characters like ROM, Godzilla, and Fu Manchu.

Third, if AT&T were to farm out its properties to other publishers, they would more likely farm them out to a company like IDW or Dynamite than to Marvel, for a variety of reasons.