Fantastic Member

Default Wonder Woman vs. Jasmine (from the Buffyverse)

Wonder Woman vs. Jasmine. Who wins?

Wonder Woman is vastly, vastly, vastly physically superior to Jasmine. She has also demonstrated a resistance to telepathy and whatnot.

But this is different. She seems like exactly the kind of pure soul who is tailor-made to fall under Jasmine's thrall. And it's all dependent on that.

Jasmine couldn't hurt her, so assuming she did have Wonder Woman under her control, she'd probably have to get her to kill herself by ramming a sword into her own skull if she wanted to actually destroy her.

I'd agree with KJS, but I think the lasso may have the same general effect as Jasmine's blood and I think Jasmine's chances dip even lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    I'd agree with KJS, but I think the lasso may have the same general effect as Jasmine's blood and I think Jasmine's chances dip even lower.
    The only problem with that is there’s not really a single scenario in Rumbles where she’d use the lasso.

If she was under Jasmine’s thrall, she wouldn’t attack her. If she wasn’t under Jasmine’s thrall, she’d be bloodlusted, so she’d just launch herself at her and punch through her face at a decent fraction of lightspeed.

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    The only problem with that is there’s not really a single scenario in Rumbles where she’d use the lasso.

If she was under Jasmine’s thrall, she wouldn’t attack her. If she wasn’t under Jasmine’s thrall, she’d be bloodlusted, so she’d just launch herself at her and punch through her face at a decent fraction of lightspeed.
    I was just thinking if she was under Jasmine's thrall, the lasso being on her belt may be enough, as she's touching it and the inherent power of truth would cause her to see Jasmine for what she really is so the thrall wouldn't last long.

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    I was just thinking if she was under Jasmine's thrall, the lasso being on her belt may be enough, as she's touching it and the inherent power of truth would cause her to see Jasmine for what she really is so the thrall wouldn't last long.
    It's an interesting theory, but I doubt it would work like that.

Generally, it needs minimal physical contact at the very least. Otherwise Wonder Woman would be able to tell if someone was lying - and what the truth really was - just by having the lasso on her, without ever having to physically use it on a target.

Given that it doesn't work like that on ordinary humans, I can't see it working like that on - or breaking the spell of - a being powerful enough to enthral a planet, without any physical contact with her.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    It's an interesting theory, but I doubt it would work like that.

Generally, it needs minimal physical contact at the very least. Otherwise Wonder Woman would be able to tell if someone was lying - and what the truth really was - just by having the lasso on her, without ever having to physically use it on a target.

Given that it doesn't work like that on ordinary humans, I can't see it working like that on - or breaking the spell of - a being powerful enough to enthral a planet, without any physical contact with her.
    There was thing reference in a couple of comics, I think, that Wondy wears the lasso on her belt in such a way that it touches her skin on her leg regularly. This protects her from illusions, not sure if it would work against Jasmine's aura.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    There was thing reference in a couple of comics, I think, that Wondy wears the lasso on her belt in such a way that it touches her skin on her leg regularly. This protects her from illusions, not sure if it would work against Jasmine's aura.
    I would honestly doubt it.

It was very specifically stated that only two things could break Jasmine's spell: exposure to her blood and hearing her true name.

If the Lasso of Truth enabled Wonder Woman to see through her illusion, that might show her with a decaying maggot-infested face, but it wouldn't overcome the aura. If you recall, seeing Jasmine wasn't the only thing that worked regarding her thrall - just hearing her voice on a radio was enough to become enthralled - so I'm not convinced just seeing through the physical illusion would be enough to overcome it.