Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Speak for yourself.

I view what I do way more important than trashing the Black Panther franchise or pandering to the fake woke community.

Shouldn't they HATE Storm? It was her franchise that bought Namor over to flood them.

Along with the Avengers?

Fantastic Four? Since Doom is their enemy.

Or Vibraxas-whose mother created a monster that killed tons of Wakandans in Fantastic Four. The same book where he renounced his citizenship?

Or Shuri-who was in charge at the time not her brother. That is like a certain President blaming Obama for everything.

Well seeing we had a certain MOVEMENT along with some store owners and folks who have not touched a marvel book in 20+ years-state the above-it's game.

Something new is not tossing in rape camps or making an African nation a third world country to make fake woke folks feel good about themselves that Wakanda is Chiraq in Africa.

Now the space stuff is something new but badly done and ignores the guy whose name is on the book.

If the next writer tries to continue Coats mess-that book won't make issue 6.
    The funny thing, from a Wakandan perspective at least, is that Storm ended her association with Namor after he flooded Wakanda but T'Challa secretly continued to work with Namor. SOME Wakandans were probably upset with BOTH.. but most Wakandans moved on. Because when you get right down to it, neither T'Challa nor Storm were responsible for what Namor did.

The thing about Wakanda is that because it's the most powerful nation on earth, it's a potential asset to T'Challa. He occasionally will utilize it for things like protecting the Avengers or imprisoning the Black Order or safe guarding a cube fragment. And that makes perfect sense... but it also paints a bullseye on Wakanda. It makes his country a target for Namor or Thanos or Hydra that it otherwise wouldn't be if you had a more isolationist king. And SOME Wakandans can credibly call T'CHalla on that the same way some posters on the board over the years have. Not that I agree with that perspective... but I understand it.

But all that is why T'Challa is a more unique super hero. He deals with issues that a Spider-Man or a Hulk doesn't.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The funny thing, from a Wakandan perspective at least, is that Storm ended her association with Namor after he flooded Wakanda but T'Challa secretly continued to work with Namor. SOME Wakandans were probably upset with BOTH.. but most Wakandans moved on. Because when you get right down to it, neither T'Challa nor Storm were responsible for what Namor did.

The thing about Wakanda is that because it's the most powerful nation on earth, it's a potential asset to T'Challa. He occasionally will utilize it for things like protecting the Avengers or imprisoning the Black Order or safe guarding a cube fragment. And that makes perfect sense... but it also paints a bullseye on Wakanda. It makes his country a target for Namor or Thanos or Hydra that it otherwise wouldn't be if you had a more isolationist king. And SOME Wakandans can credibly call T'CHalla on that the same way some posters on the board over the years have. Not that I agree with that perspective... but I understand it.

But all that is why T'Challa is a more unique super hero. He deals with issues that a Spider-Man or a Hulk doesn't.
    So when does Wakanda open up a can o the X-Men? Since Namor had some shrill mutant's help in flooding Wakanda?

Since Coats took Wakanda to third world status should they be going after X-Men so Jean or Emma's head can be posted on a stick? Along with Storm's and Gentle's? Since the X-office think Wakandans hate Gentle for not being 2100% Wakandan like SHURI and her mother.

So when does Wakanda open up a can o the X-Men? Since Namor had some shrill mutant's help in flooding Wakanda?

Since Coats took Wakanda to third world status should they be going after X-Men so Jean or Emma's head can be posted on a stick? Along with Storm's and Gentle's? Since the X-office think Wakandans hate Gentle for not being 2100% Wakandan like SHURI and her mother.
    Careful bro, to suggest that a powerful African king and nation have autonomy and agency to make moves on people and groups that have wrongfully antagonized them is dangerous some how in these times. We don't want T'challa to get Orlando jones'ed

As a man of compassion I sympathize with all the Coates fans as we say goodbye to a great chapter in Black Panther history...

Oh... Feel free to hold your lighter up or at the least a smart phone with a lighter app!

Peace
    Get Hectic!

They don't open up a can on X-Men, because it was really Namor and Atlantis who were responsible. That was Namors decision, not the X-Men as a whole. Wakanda went after the people actually responsible for what happened.

As far as there being bigotry against non-Wakandans or mutants... it not an all or nothing thing. In a culture which has been isolationist, there are SOME with issues against outsiders and clearly others that aren't. There's no hive mind in Wakanda anymore than there is anywhere else.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    They don't open up a can on X-Men, because it was really Namor and Atlantis who were responsible. That was Namors decision, not the X-Men as a whole. Wakanda went after the people actually responsible for what happened.

As far as there being bigotry against non-Wakandans or mutants... it not an all or nothing thing. In a culture which has been isolationist, there are SOME with issues against outsiders and clearly others that aren't. There's no hive mind in Wakanda anymore than there is anywhere else.
    Yeah. That's kind of the point of TNC's run to make it less a hive mind. Whether he succeeded or not completely is a separate issue. But the attempt was made. It was valid.

Both TNC's run and the movie to a certain extent made Wakanda the star over T'Challa. Whereas earlier runs had made it more T'Challa's story. And the way they did that was making Wakanda have factions with different opinions, values, and beliefs.

So within Wakanda, there might be Anti-Mutant people certainly.

BANNED

from x-men issue 4 it seems that wakanda isnt antagonistic even when refusing the trade deals to krakoa, namor isnt associated with the island, yet at least

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Yeah. That's kind of the point of TNC's run to make it less a hive mind. Whether he succeeded or not completely is a separate issue. But the attempt was made. It was valid.

Both TNC's run and the movie to a certain extent made Wakanda the star over T'Challa. Whereas earlier runs had made it more T'Challa's story. And the way they did that was making Wakanda have factions with different opinions, values, and beliefs.

So within Wakanda, there might be Anti-Mutant people certainly.
    I kept with this run for the first dozen issues or so, it did feel more like a world of wakanda book rather than panther book, I think you summed it up nicely

It always felt like he was a guest star and I just couldn't get into that

From what I've heard it's been well received and I am glad that it seems to be a positive run

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

im sorry but this doesnt really make sense to me. it was namor who flooded wakanda, not the xmen and tchalla has already addressed this as it relates to ororo back in the Wolverines book.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    im sorry but this doesnt really make sense to me. it was namor who flooded wakanda, not the xmen and tchalla has already addressed this as it relates to ororo back in the Wolverines book.
    I didnt like that it happened in a Wolverine book. Although there were times before AvX that the Wolverine writers showed great respect to Tchalla. Maybe they liked or respected Hudlin. But after he was gone and AvX came the disrespect was high. lol