Default Marvel Future Revolution

Netmarble and Marvel have revealed their newest game project, Marvel: Future Revolution, earlier today at PAX East. The game is the first open-world multiplayer RPG for mobile devices Marvel has ever produced, and it looks like it may be one of the most ambitious free-to-play projects yet, both for the company and for mobile platforms in general.

Previously, Marvel and Netmarble have worked together on Marvel: Future Fight, another mobile game which proved to be quite popular with fans over the world. At the time of this writing, Marvel: Future Fight has been downloaded by users over 120 million times, and although the game's developers are now working on Marvel: Future Revolution in tandem they have no plans to stop creating new content for Marvel: Future Fight any time soon.

Marvel: Future Revolution will feature players taking on the role of popular Marvel superheroes like Captain America, Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, and Spider-Man after an event called Convergence, which scenario writer Marc Sumerak described to Screen Rant as a "a multi-universal catastrophe where Earths are about to collide with each other." This Convergence has combined elements of multiple worlds and locations from different aspects of Marvel Comics lore all into one place, allowing players to visit areas which appear familiar yet different to how they remember them from previous Marvel depictions. Multiple worlds and universes colliding also provides story justification for the game's cosmetic and gameplay systems, which can see numerous variations of the same superhero teaming up together. Check out some of the just-released video footage of the game below:

Players will be able to choose from a wide variety of cosmetic options and color variations in order to create their own unique take on classic Marvel superheroes. Currently, only the four heroes mentioned above have been confirmed playable, and the company isn't yet ready to reveal exactly how many more will be available before the game launches or how many players will be able to team up at the same time, but Bill Rosemann, Vice President and Head of Creative at Marvel Games, reports there is "almost an infinite amount of combinations and unique looks" players will be able to create for each of the available heroes.

Marvel and Netmarble are not yet announcing a release date for Marvel: Future Revolution, but after what they've revealed today people will likely be asking for one very soon. The title looks fantastic for a mobile game, and hopefully the final version's gameplay will be as engaging and fluid as superhero fans are accustomed to. As a free-to-play game with an emphasis on character customization, players can likely imagine where the bulk of the game's monetization elements will eventually come in, but hopefully they won't be so expensive as to deter players from trying to create their own unique looks. For now, players should remain optimistic about Marvel: Future Revolution, which appears to be one of the largest-scale mobile games both Marvel and Netmarble have ever attempted.

Marvel Reveals Future Revolution, An Open-World RPG Game For Mobile Devices

My main takeway is Brian Bloom returning as Captain America .

That bottom images looks like a cut-scene. Will this have actual voice acting?

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

I've been wanting a new Marvel MMO for awhile. I'm liking the customization so far, the action looks fun, so I have high hopes. I do worry with it being on mobile that there won't be that feeling of seeing a bunch of other players flying/fighting/etc. around that you would have on console or PC MMOs.

I'm still waiting for that Marvel super war game? R they not releasing it in america?

Korean mobile MMO.

I hope you guys like games that play themselves and cash shops that would make EA blush.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    Korean mobile MMO.

I hope you guys like games that play themselves and cash shops that would make EA blush.
    Their other Marvel game is tons of fun. Can’t wait