Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 67 of 67
  1. #61
    Astonishing Member Omega Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    The crucible is supposed to be a pragmatic solution, and Emma is usually pragmatic. I could well see her going along with it. Remember her reaction to M-Day in the New X-Men kid book was to let the different teams at school fight it out?

    It's a little brutal sure, but there's a resurrection waiting at the end along with restored powers.
    Exactly because she's pragmatic is that she would oppose it. The violent aspect of it is unnecessary, and in the New X-men book kids didn't fight literally to death against Apocalypse.

    Plus, RachelGrey is right that the dialogue between Scott and Kurt makes no sense if Emma was in support of it.

  2. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Exactly because she's pragmatic is that she would oppose it. The violent aspect of it is unnecessary, and in the New X-men book kids didn't fight literally to death against Apocalypse.

    Plus, RachelGrey is right that the dialogue between Scott and Kurt makes no sense if Emma was in support of it.
    It's violent partly to serve as a deterrence, if it was easy too many de-powered mutants would want to take part and possibly overload the current resurrection capability. Hence, a pragmatic solution.

    No, but they fought, and they did not have resurrection available then. Which is almost just a more advanced healing in Krakoa.

    Maybe Scott was afraid of what the answer would be.

  3. #63
    Astonishing Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    3,422

    Default

    My opinion:

    Exodus: In favor
    Apocalypse: In favor
    Storm: In favor. She is used to live Wakanda and in Wakanda ritual duels are the order of the day. This is simply one step further.
    Jean: Against. We already know that she has an ambivalent vision of life and death but will oppose this type of violence
    Kurt: Against
    Mystique: Against. She wants Destiny to be resurrected, not for the Five to waste time with depowered mutants.
    Shaw: In favor. Surely there are bets like "How long will they last?"
    Emma: Against. She will not tolerate seeing her students killed publicly
    Magneto: In favor.
    Xavier: Abstention.
    Sinister: In favor, just because for him is fun.

  4. #64
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    It's violent partly to serve as a deterrence, if it was easy too many de-powered mutants would want to take part and possibly overload the current resurrection capability. Hence, a pragmatic solution.

    No, but they fought, and they did not have resurrection available then. Which is almost just a more advanced healing in Krakoa.

    Maybe Scott was afraid of what the answer would be.
    Is Krakatoa a warrior culture? There are more reasonable methods to make those decisions without letting Apocalypse put swords through people. It appears his influence on the nation is more than I assumed, and it makes sense since he is on the Quiet Council and the X-men lap it up. In a few years they'll be worshipping him like a god, which is his favourite pass time.

  5. #65
    Astonishing Member Omega Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    It's violent partly to serve as a deterrence, if it was easy too many de-powered mutants would want to take part and possibly overload the current resurrection capability. Hence, a pragmatic solution.

    No, but they fought, and they did not have resurrection available then. Which is almost just a more advanced healing in Krakoa.

    Maybe Scott was afraid of what the answer would be.
    Have children fight to death against Apocalypse is not a pragmatic solution.

    Also, the dialogue is pretty clear that talk about Emma about it would open a can of worms, meaning she's clearly against it.

  6. #66

    Default

    Do we know what percentage voted what? (havenít been able to catch up to current)

    I can see Emma, Jean, or Storm voting yes, so long as quality check of the method was guaranteed.

    Nightcrawler a definite no.

  7. #67
    Extraordinary Member CRaymond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    5,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Have children fight to death against Apocalypse is not a pragmatic solution.
    It's ritual bloodshed. I find the notion that its ceremonial aspects are for the "victim/beneficiary" and not the audience to be highly, highly suspect.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •