Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Looks pretty good to me!
    Sorry, I ain't cosigning any country that's ruled by a non-elected committee. That's just a Oligarchy which is one step removed from a dictatorship.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I'm pretty sure Melody would have chosen to be killed by Apocalypse of ALL Mutants. And would feel angry that the QQ didn't even try to investigate, research, find other ways to avoid her getting killed in the first place. LOL If it were me and I heard that I would be asking all types of Questions: Well did you guys at least try to find another way??? Why Apocalypse can it be IDK Shaw or someone else???

Then that is a poor depiction of her character. Storm has never been ok with people killing especially in her presents. The Crucible from what it sounds and looks like a senseless Death. I mean there is NO mention of the QQ actually looking for other ways to solve this problem. But you mean to tell me the ONLY problem they came up with is: "We Must Kill You so you can be Reborn a Mutant".........what??? You can't reality Warp or something?
    the fact that isnt only death but death with incredible pain is way to test the loyalty of the new mutants. Someonw who is able to endure that is a perfect sheep for the goverment, you know that they have a concept of themselves so low , they are so desperate to feel part of something that they will never betray krakoa. Is a common practice among cults make trials of this kind
    Last edited by hulkling; 03-02-2020 at 06:01 PM.

Oh yeah i'm sure Melody was fine to be killed by Apocalypse of ALL Mutants. But let her find out that the QQ didn't even try to investigate, research, find other ways to avoid her getting killed in the first place. LOL

Then that is a poor depiction of her character. Storm has never been ok with people killing especially in her presents. The Crucible from what it sounds and looks like a senseless Death. I mean there is NO mention of the QQ actually looking for other ways to solve this problem. But you mean to tell me the ONLY problem they came up with is: "We Must Kill You so you can be Reborn a Mutant".........what??? You can't reality Warp or something?
    What’s QQ? Quentin Quire? And why do you want such a lazy and boring story like “reality warping solved all problems!”? Why have any conflict or plots when reality warping can solve everything?

Mutant culture is different from America culture. It’s a culture where mutants are allowed to thrive not just survive. It might look strange but morality and ethics should be re-evaluated when something like the resurrection protocols exist.

Are you saying Lifedeath, one or the best comics ever written, depicted Storm badly?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

This is what I would have loved to read...the quiet council's meeting on this. Normally I'm not a dan of talking head comics, but this one could have been spectacular.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    the fact that isnt only death but death with incredible pain is way to test the loyalty of the new mutants. Someonw who is able to endure that is a perfect sheep for the goverment, you know that they have a concept of themselves so low , they are so desperate to feel part of something that they will never betray krakoa. I a common practice among cults make trials of this kind
    WOW...that's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Sorry, I ain't cosigning any country that's ruled by a non-elected committee. That's just a Oligarchy which is one step removed from a dictatorship.
    I’d party on Krakoa knowing that American “democracy” is the actual cult.

Mighty Member

I’d party on Krakoa knowing that American “democracy” is the actual cult.
    I never referenced cult.

And you just have to look at barely 3 of the quiet council to realize that they're as corrupt as any other government going.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I never referenced cult.

And you just have to look at barely 3 of the quiet council to realize that they're as corrupt as any other government going.
    Well so far no slavery or genocide on Krakoa so they’re doing something right.

BANNED

What’s QQ? Quentin Quire? And why do you want such a lazy and boring story like “reality warping solved all problems!”? Why have any conflict or plots when reality warping can solve everything?

Mutant culture is different from America culture. It’s a culture where mutants are allowed to thrive not just survive. It might look strange but morality and ethics should be re-evaluated when something like the resurrection protocols exist.

Are you saying Lifedeath, one or the best comics ever written, depicted Storm badly?
    I meant to say Quite Council(QC). It may be Lazy, but it's a solution. I don't think I said Reality Warp should be use for ALL their problems, but why haven't they explored any at most? I think that's lazy they don't even explain that.

So, how does that excuse them to not look for another Solution? Why is Murder the only solution these 11 Smart Council Members can come up with?

Actually, no that Story was really Good. However, her Ideology changed yet again and went back to the "No Killing Rule".
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 03-02-2020 at 06:24 PM.

Mighty Member

That's wild cause in less than a year Apocalypse had them invade and take over Other World.

I'd say give it time

BANNED

arent they creating organic drones to do their labors in Marauders? pretty much the alpha primitives of the mutants.

I meant to say Quite Council(QC). It may be Lazy, but it's a solution. I don't think I said Reality Warp should be use for ALL their problems, but why haven't they explored any at most? I think that's lazy they don't even explain that.

So, how does that excuse them to not look for another Solution? Why is Murder the only solution these 11 Smart Council Members can come up with?

IMO, Yes. Because right after that Storm goes right back to "No Killing Rule". Actually, now that I think about it Storm is almost as indecisive about it. One Minute she's fine with it, next minute she flips out if someone else does it.
    The Crucible is actually quite smart, imaginative, and unexpected. It's practical and makes sense. It contributes to Krakoan culture and makes the statement that mutants aren't burdened by human ways of thinking (ie murder). Better than Proteus warping reality on a whim.

Yeah Storm's pretty inconsistent about killing but since this issue is called Lifedeath I'm assuming Ororo would vote based on her experiences there.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    arent they creating organic drones to do their labors in Marauders? pretty much the alpha primitives of the mutants.
    They're not sentient so that's a huge stretch.

BANNED

The Crucible is actually quite smart, imaginative, and unexpected. It's practical and makes sense. It contributes to Krakoan culture and makes the statement that mutants aren't burdened by human ways of thinking (ie murder). Better than Proteus warping reality on a whim.

Yeah Storm's pretty inconsistent about killing but since this issue is called Lifedeath I'm assuming Ororo would vote based on her experiences there.
    I agree with you on the Imaginative and Unexpected. Quite Smart? IMO No, not really.

Ok, fair enough on your assumption. But based on everything after Lifedeath where a Storm is still opposed to killing unless ALL options are explored leads me to believe should would have said No.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I agree with you on the Imaginative and Unexpected. Quite Smart? IMO No, not really.

Ok, fair enough on your assumption. But based on everything after Lifedeath where a Storm is still opposed to killing unless ALL options are explored leads me to believe should would have said No.
    I agree I don't see her being ok with this ritual.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!