Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Storm proved how powerful she was when she was depowered and became a stronger person for it. The Crucible is just a standardized version of that process. Instead of almost dying in a sandstorm, depowered mutants show their strength by facing Apocalypse. Storm could have stayed home like Wolverine during the ceremony but she was actively participating.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Storm proved how powerful she was when she was depowered and became a stronger person for it. The Crucible is just a standardized version of that process. Instead of almost dying in a sandstorm, depowered mutants show their strength by facing Apocalypse. Storm could have stayed home like Wolverine during the ceremony but she was actively participating.
    And I can appreciate that in fact that's one of her BEST moments in X-Men history really. AH! I see what you mean. Sorry Wolverine Fans, but he's a punk. If you can't stomach this then why are you here? Anyway, Ok I see where you're going with this.

Quote Originally Posted by guy_gardner View Post
    Yeah....I could never see Emma be cool with this...Emma loves the kids, just like Wolverine

I just wonder how much Xavier them remember after being Crucible'd....like up until the killing blow?...or do they remember everything up until death?...although that would probably make a bunch of Jean's friend, Anne, incidents

don't mind me...just thinking too much about X-Men as usual
    It's interesting about Emma, Nightcrawler asked Scott if he talked to Emma about it and he said he didn't want to open that can of worms! I bet Emma was vehemently NO at the meeting, and Nightcrawler knew that already, I bet she got really upset and perhaps even left the meeting at some point! She would have started getting upset talking about the Hellions, Genosha, Decimation, the bus kids, because she was there through all of those things!

I actually suspect that Emma was the most opposed to it, and got upset over the whole discussion! I can't place of X-Men #7 happens before or after Kate's death, but if it happened after Kate's death, then Emma was probably even more upset about the crucible!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    It's interesting about Emma, Nightcrawler asked Scott if he talked to Emma about it and he said he didn't want to open that can of worms! I bet Emma was vehemently NO at the meeting, and Nightcrawler knew that already, I bet she got really upset and perhaps even left the meeting at some point! She would have started getting upset talking about the Hellions, Genosha, Decimation, the bus kids, because she was there through all of those things!

I actually suspect that Emma was the most opposed to it, and got upset over the whole discussion! I can't place of X-Men #7 happens before or after Kate's death, but if it happened after Kate's death, then Emma was probably even more upset about the crucible!
    The crucible is supposed to be a pragmatic solution, and Emma is usually pragmatic. I could well see her going along with it. Remember her reaction to M-Day in the New X-Men kid book was to let the different teams at school fight it out?

It's a little brutal sure, but there's a resurrection waiting at the end along with restored powers.

Astonishing Member

What Storm did and what the Crucial is are not the same. Storm struggled to live, she didn't sacrifice herself for Apocalypse to fulfil his fantasies about murdering X-men. Apocalypse is going cult leader with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    What Storm did and what the Crucial is are not the same. Storm struggled to live, she didn't sacrifice herself for Apocalypse to fulfil his fantasies about murdering X-men. Apocalypse is going cult leader with this.
    Like the sandstorm, Apocalypse is a force of nature

"Once upon a time there was a woman who could fly"

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    arent they creating organic drones to do their labors in Marauders? pretty much the alpha primitives of the mutants.
    Which planet were you reaching for?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Astonishing Member

Apocalypse is a mutant with a god complex, you're not supposed to fall for his delusions of Might Makes Right. Hickman knows this.

The next scene wasn't Storm happily jumping on a super-villain's sword, I take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Apocalypse is a mutant with a god complex, you're not supposed to fall for his delusions of Might Makes Right. Hickman knows this.

The next scene wasn't Storm happily jumping on a super-villain's sword, I take it.
    Melody fights against an inevitable end just like Storm did. And they both made it out stronger.

Completely agree with your post. I was glad to see Ororo there.
    These intimate moments and details is what I'm here for. Hickman isn't on that Stagnant ish.

This is the Storm I have felt has been missing from Marvel in a long time.
    I'll buy this ,over regal mother nature anyday

Astonishing Member

Melody fights against an inevitable end just like Storm did. And they both made it out stronger.
    Storm had no choice but to struggle in those conditions, why is it necessarily for Apocalypse to murder people when they should be able to do painless euthanasia? The cultural and spiritual adding are artificially created, they're not sending Melody to survive in the Mojave desert here. Nobody's required to kill her, the Five created a scientific process.

Also note that Storm is a warrior and believes in combat for leadership and in the case with the Morlocks combat for leadership to the death.

Secondly, she's very involved as is Xavier.

I think there's an argument to be made both ways but just from her involvement I believe she approves.

I find this combat thing very barbaric.. one would expect better from the next step of the human evolution... it is a drawback.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    I find this combat thing very barbaric.. one would expect better from the next step of the human evolution... it is a drawback.
    I don’t like the public entertainment aspect of either this or the resurrections.
    But it a Plot Point by Hickman, if it wasn’t, they would be handled differently.