Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Watch we come to find out that the Crucible was originally Jeans idea.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Easily yes:
    Apocalypse- Obviously, it was his idea.
    Exodus- Even if he hadn't been shown to be enthusiastic about the process, it's clearly his cup of tea.
    Sinister- Wouldn't even flinch at the violence, and would want more mutants around for his experiments. Plus, I imagine he would know how controversial would be and he'd enjoy more chaos.
    Magneto- A little too extreme for him, but just a little.

Probably yes:
    Shaw- He wouldn't care much, but would probably not want to fight Apocalypse and Exodus over this.
    Xavier- I imagine he'd support a virtual or telepathic version of this at first, but ultimately he'd go with the flow if it came to it.

Probably no:
    Storm- She's being shown to be a staunch believer, but I could see her opposing the senseless violence.
    Mystique- She just wants Irene back and now, so would see the Five as wasting their time. However, it's possible she wouldn't want to show her discontent openly.

Almost certainly no:
    Nightcrawler, for reasons shown in this issue,
    Emma- I doubt she'd eager to see students beat up getting beat up.
    Jean- Wouldn't want to see all that violence and ritualistic death.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Yay
    Apocalypse
    Sinister
    Exodus
    Shaw
    Xavier
    Magneto
    Storm
    Mystique

Not Present
    Kitty [But her current vicious attitude probably would make her vote Yay were she ever there to vote]

Nay
    Emma Frost [I seriously doubt Emma would want to watch children be brutally killed even if it means getting their mutant powers back]
    Nightcrawler
    Jean Grey
    Yeah....I could never see Emma be cool with this...Emma loves the kids, just like Wolverine

I just wonder how much Xavier them remember after being Crucible'd....like up until the killing blow?...or do they remember everything up until death?...although that would probably make a bunch of Jean's friend, Anne, incidents

don't mind me...just thinking too much about X-Men as usual

XAVIER: This is barbaric, savage! I will not let more of my children suffer and die!

POOKY: you get to watch now

XAVIER: Let's whip up the votes! Erik?! Jean?! #YesWeCan
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Everyone saying Jean would have voted no... but here's the thing. She's been a cosmic avatar of death and rebirth. She's already taken the difficult choice of killing herself when she lost control of her body, her identity, her soul and her very being. She understands the hell it can be when you have lost yourself because of something done to you by an external force.

She also knows that once the resurrection protocols were revealed, the depowered mutants who chose the Crucible would very well kill themselves anyway, in a more chaotic and uncontrolled environment. She was the first one to chastise the mutants for letting Krakoa let them become careless and less vigilant when Xavier was assassinated. She would take a hard stance against a situation where depowered mutants the world over killed themselves at once and it would become a logistical nightmare to track all of the dead, retrieve all of their DNA/memories (?) and resurrect them at once or in quick succession. The Crucible, no matter how ugly it is, is very effective in preventing this disastrous scenario.

Based on these two factors, I could see Jean abstaining because she is torn or voting yes with emphasising the point that The Crucible has to be a choice.
    I agree with this take. Jean voted 'yes' for the reasons you list.

Storm also voted 'yes' since she has become accustomed to the bittersweet symbolism of Lifedeaths.

Emma rounded up all the depowered students and stuck them on the bus that got blown up. She probably voted 'no' out of guilt.

BANNED

The People who said Yes:
    Magneto
    Apocalypse
    Exodus
    Shaw
    Charles
    Mystique

The Nay:
    Jean
    Emma
    Storm
    Kurt

Note: For those who say Storm would say yes. You have to remember they ARE killing de-powered Mutants. Be it Human or Mutant Storm is absolutely 100% against that. If anything Storm and Jean would be the Two hollering and screaming at Apocalypse for bringing it up. Though a few of you did make a great point on why should say yes. However, Storm is not on board with Murder especially at the hands of Apocalypse.

Storm doesnt murder except for when she’s tearing Marrow’s heart from her chest.

And “murder” needs to be decontextualized since it requires a victim. Melody didn’t look like a victim to me.

Storm is concerned with the balance of all things and the Crucible is about balance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Storm doesnt murder except for when she’s tearing Marrow’s heart from her chest.

And “murder” needs to be decontextualized since it requires a victim. Melody didn’t look like a victim to me.

Storm is concerned with the balance of all things and the Crucible is about balance.
    No, Storm will kill you if she deems it absolutely necessary and there are no other options to pull from.

Melody is the Victim she is about to die at the hands of Apocalypse, surely that doesn't sit will with Storm Jean and Kurt.

That is correct she is all about Balance. Not just Balance but LIFE as well. The Crucible is a poor solution to a problem that needed more research and options too. But agreeing to kill De-powered mutants for the sake of "Balance" is not what Storm would agree too. She would argue can their be any other way to save and re power these mutants again. Murder? No.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 03-02-2020 at 05:41 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Watch we come to find out that the Crucible was originally Jeans idea.
    I would scream lol

The Yes votes:
    Magneto
    Apocalypse
    Exodus
    Shaw
    Emma
    Mystique

The No.Votes:
    Jean
    Xavier
    Storm
    Kurt

Xavier brought in those three to be his moral compass. I dont see a situation where they vote no and not try to persuade him to do the same.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I think Melody would be pretty offended by someone calling her a victim. She looked pretty empowered to me. On top of
    having her powers back, she probably feels brave and strong and respected.

Storm was okay with another culture that kept balance by having an elder die when a baby is born. It’s Lifedeath not Lifelife.

Astonishing Member

Had Apocalypse done the Crucible in America he'd be getting arrested for murder or manslaughter. That his victims want him to do it is irrelevant. Human sacrifice is looked down upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Had Apocalypse done the Crucible in America he'd be getting arrested for murder or manslaughter. That his victims want him to do it is irrelevant. Human sacrifice is looked down upon.
    The whole point is that Krakoa isn’t America because America sucks lol

Mighty Member

I mean, I'm not gonna argue that America doesn't suck. But Krakoa's a far cry from paradise on earth.

BANNED

I think Melody would be pretty offended by someone calling her a victim. She looked pretty empowered to me. On top of
    having her powers back, she probably feels brave and strong and respected.

Storm was okay with another culture that kept balance by having an elder die when a baby is born. It’s Lifedeath not Lifelife.
    Oh yeah i'm sure Melody was fine to be killed by Apocalypse of ALL Mutants. But let her find out that the QQ didn't even try to investigate, research, find other ways to avoid her getting killed in the first place. LOL

Then that is a poor depiction of her character. Storm has never been ok with people killing especially even herself she hates the Idea. She will do it, but HATES it. The Crucible from what it sounds and looks like a senseless Death. I mean there is NO mention of the QQ actually looking for other ways to solve this problem.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 03-02-2020 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I mean, I'm not gonna argue that America doesn't suck. But Krakoa's a far cry from paradise on earth.
    Looks pretty good to me!