Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well the thing that offended me the most about Superior was the dialogue....it was like everyone was a caricature of themselves or something....the way they talked made the whole thing almost unreadable.

Extraordinary Member

King/Walta's "Vision" series wouldn't exist without the story where John Byrne wiped his personality, destroyed his marriage, and wiped out his kids. The whole series is really based on him trying to get back the happy life and marriage and family he had before that moment.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Well the thing that offended me the most about Superior was the dialogue....it was like everyone was a caricature of themselves or something....the way they talked made the whole thing almost unreadable.
    Yeah, the dialogue was a pain to get through, I'll admit, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

All-New Member

For me it would be Kaine returning and becoming the new Scarlet Spider. His solo series was excellent!

It's amazing that an awful character from the worst saga in Spider-Man history is now one of my favorites

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    King/Walta's "Vision" series wouldn't exist without the story where John Byrne wiped his personality, destroyed his marriage, and wiped out his kids. The whole series is really based on him trying to get back the happy life and marriage and family he had before that moment.
    I feel sad now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slaminn View Post
    For me it would be Kaine returning and becoming the new Scarlet Spider. His solo series was excellent!

It's amazing that an awful character from the worst saga in Spider-Man history is now one of my favorites
    I think I was the only person who liked Kaine back then. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Slaminn View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I think I was the only person who liked Kaine back then. LOL
    Cosigning you both. I didn't think he was that bad, but in retrospect, I could see why people would dislike him. Nowadays, he's probably a better Scarlet Spider than Ben Reilly, given the events of The Clone Conspiracy and all that followed.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, the dialogue was a pain to get through, I'll admit, too.
    Honestly, Superior#9 was the worst part, i had never seen such an insult to Spider-Man in years. Keeping it with the spirit of the thread, Hunted from Nick Spencer, Kraven's resurrection was pointless but Spencer was able to fix it almost perfectly.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Honestly, Superior#9 was the worst part, i had never seen such an insult to Spider-Man in years. Keeping it with the spirit of the thread, Hunted from Nick Spencer, Kraven's resurrection was pointless but Spencer was able to fix it almost perfectly.
    Yeah, that was the part that made me say, "F*** this." However halfhearted it might or might not have been at the end, it was still satisfying to see Otto finally admit that he couldn't hack it as Spider-Man and he needed the truly Superior Spider-Man --- Peter Parker --- back in the game if there was any hope of saving everyone from the Goblin Nation.

Matthew Rosenberg's miserable run ushering in Jonathan Hickman resurrecting the entire X-Men line.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozack View Post
    Matthew Rosenberg's miserable run ushering in Jonathan Hickman resurrecting the entire X-Men line.
    Not really. Hickman's run could have easily happened without Rosenberg's. Pretty sure Rosenberg's was planned and written later even.

Factor X coming out of Age of Apocalypse was brilliant, one of my favorite X-Men minis, made me a Cyclops fan overnight.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Superior Foes of Spider-Man is a million times better than the story it ties into, that of course being Superior Spider-Man. It's as smart and hilarious as the latter is dumb and contrived. However, it could only have been made possible by SSM.
    Superior Foes was excellent, but I disagree that it only could have been made possible by SSM. The series had nothing to do with Otto at all, and I don't think he ever made an appearance or was even mentioned much. (Aside from a single filler issue that had nothing to do with the main story) The same story could have been told if Peter was still Spider-Man.

I think it would be more accurate to call it a spin off of Thunderbolts than a Spider-Man book.
    Last edited by Slaminn; 03-03-2020 at 08:54 PM.