Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    Thanks. I saw the linked entry, but had assumed it was outdated. (Wondering if Marvel has forgotten about them.)
    We might get something in the next issue of Avengers.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Avengers_Vol_8_32

Solicit Synopsis

EARTH’S MIGHTIEST VILLAINS!

What do the King of Atlantis, the Lord of the Vampires, the deposed duke of Hell, a mysterious Russian assassin and the secret boss of Washington, D.C.’s greatest super-team have in common? They all really hate the Avengers. And so there came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth’s mightiest villains found themselves united against a common threat.

Mighty Member

Well, dang. (Spoke too soon.)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

The Robinson (post-"Secret Wars" Squadron) has been written out.

Blurr (New Universe): joined SHIELD (end of Robinson's "Squadron Supreme").
    Hyperion (from Hickman's "Avengers" run): last seen during "Secret Empire", possibly dead.
    Nighthawk (Kyle Richmond, renamed Raymond Kane, from "Supreme Power"): dead (Secret Empire tie-in).
    Spectrum (from Hickman's "New Avengers" run): joined the Inhumans (end of Robinson's "Squadron Supreme").
    Zarda (from Gruenwald Squadron): ....uh...... (Nobody gives a damn.)

Thundra has been forgotten. The evil Zarda was dealt with off panel, at the end of Robinson's run.

In real terms, Marvel does not care about this iteration of the team, assuming they even remember it.

Aaron and Hickman do not get along?

Austen's Hyperion (King Hyperion) was killed off at the end of "Exiles", when the series was about cleaning up the messes that Austen created in that series.

Earth 712 (from the Gruenwald-written series in the 80s) was confirmed destroyed in Robinson's "Squadron Supreme". (Zarda was the only survivor. Hyperion died on panel.) But, as shown in post-Austen "Exiles", there is another Squadron world that is apparently very similar to the world from Gruenwald's Squadron series.

The "Supreme Power" team (essentially the "Ultimates" Squadron) actually died...on panel....twice. Namor's Cabal killed them during "Time Runs Out", and they (or a very similar team) died on Battleworld fighting the Squadron Sinister (an evil Squadron in the aptly named "Squadron Sinister" tie-in for "Secret Wars). Nighthawk (Raymond Kane) survived this to join the Robinson team, before getting killed off in a "Secret Empire" tie-in.

What is happening with the current Squadron (in Aaron's "Avengers")? I have not been following the series. Last I recall, it was revealed/implied that they were pawns of Mephisto, who was shown having lunch with Agent Colson
    After Exiles King Hyperion fought Blue Marvel and later the Thunderbolts, so he should still be around somewhere unless he was killed off sometime after his appearance in Thunderbolts.

The Robinson (post-"Secret Wars" Squadron) has been written out.

Blurr (New Universe): joined SHIELD (end of Robinson's "Squadron Supreme").
    Hyperion (from Hickman's "Avengers" run): last seen during "Secret Empire", possibly dead.
    Nighthawk (Kyle Richmond, renamed Raymond Kane, from "Supreme Power"): dead (Secret Empire tie-in).
    Spectrum (from Hickman's "New Avengers" run): joined the Inhumans (end of Robinson's "Squadron Supreme").
    Zarda (from Gruenwald Squadron): ....uh...... (Nobody gives a damn.)

Thundra has been forgotten. The evil Zarda was dealt with off panel, at the end of Robinson's run.
    Thundra is in Weirdworld, actually, last we knew. But for some reason no-showed when the Champions had an arc there.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    There are probably too many Hyperions running around as it is. I think King Hyperion is still hanging around the MU too. I wouldn't mind of the Hypes took one or two of each other off the table.
    There should be at least one Hyperion in MU 616 at all times, but I'd definitely kill off all of the existing Hyperions and create one of my own modeled after Idris Elba.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Thundra is in Weirdworld, actually, last we knew.
    And she somehow got the invitation to join Alicia Masters' bachelorette party but declined and instead joined the "inferior" men at Ben's party instead.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Hmm, that's interesting regarding Thundra.

I loved the addition of Thundra to the last Squadron, but most of that series just failed to impress. I'd really like to see her back in the supporting cast of the Fantastic Four.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I'd really like to see her back in the supporting cast of the Fantastic Four.
    Yep, it would be interesting if the FF can convince her to look after Frank and Val at 4 Yancy Street while they are on a mission. I want to see how they would interact. Normally they'd get She-Hulk but she's full-time with the Avengers for now.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I never liked Thundra. Always preferred Power Princess in that suit of purple armour.

Astonishing Member

I liked Thundra in the role as she and Hyperion make a comparable duo to Superman and Wonder Woman. Power Princess was always a bit too spot on as a Wonder Woman analog, IMHO.

I liked Thundra in the role as she and Hyperion make a comparable duo to Superman and Wonder Woman. Power Princess was always a bit too spot on as a Wonder Woman analog, IMHO.
    Yeah, I can see a Thundra/Hyperion duo over one w. Power Princess.

Too bad that means comes up short.

A general question:
    Is this new SSA slated for a mini or anything?
    I keep thinking I read that somewhere but I can’t find anything to corroborate my admittedly shoddy recollection.

Yes, there's a Squadron Supreme mini tying into Empyre.

Power Princess was always a bit too spot on as a Wonder Woman analog, IMHO.
    The current version definitely is.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yes, there's a Squadron Supreme mini tying into Empyre.
    That’s great news, I’m liking this take on the concept. Ty!

There's no need for the Squadron. Nighthawk can defeat all the Avengers just by himself. And do you know why? Because he's Bat... I mean, because he's Nighthawk!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

It's too bad that Wonder Woman was the preferred analog. Thundra would have been perfect to represent Shazam as well. When she says these words, "I AM ALMIGHTY THUNDRA!!" she gains the mystical powers of …

- Tiamat (primordial creation goddess)
    - Hekate (mystical goddess of blessing and protection)
    - Urd (one of the Norns, lending Thundra heightened senses and powers of post-cognition)
    - Nemesis (goddess of retribution)
    - Demeter (goddess of the Harvest and Earth, but she who also keeps the "sacred law")
    - Raijin (god of storms; not a coincidence that he is the only male; his contribution may not have been entirely voluntary, but the goddesses did honor him with Thundra's name and lightning bolt symbology)
    - Anat (the goddess of war and peace)

On second thought, maybe this isn't such a good idea after all.