Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Squadron Supreme Reportedly coming to the MCU from Loki Team

Squadron Supreme to Appear in Loki TV Series on Disney+?
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...series-disney/

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    It's too bad that Wonder Woman was the preferred analog.
    Thundra makes a good WW analog too: warrior from a feminist society with a signature ranged weapon.
    Thundra would have been perfect to represent Shazam as well. When she says these words, "I AM ALMIGHTY THUNDRA!!" she gains the mystical powers of …

On second thought, maybe this isn't such a good idea after all.
    No, that's a GREAT idea! Her chain should be enchanted too, like Thor's Mjolnir, Wrecker's crowbar, or Absorbing Man's ball-and-chain. When she whips her chain it should create a thunderous sonic boom.

But physique-wise, I think her DC analog is Big Barda, who is 7' (just two inches shorter than her) and debuted just a year before.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Thundra makes a good WW analog too: warrior from a feminist society with a signature ranged weapon.

No, that's a GREAT idea! Her chain should be enchanted too, like Thor's Mjolnir, Wrecker's crowbar, or Absorbing Man's ball-and-chain. When she whips her chain it should create a thunderous sonic boom.

But physique-wise, I think her DC analog is Big Barda, who is 7' (just two inches shorter than her) and debuted just a year before.
    His weapon? Or Skeeter??

Warrior Woman/Hippolyta makes a good Woman Woman analog but maybe to close to use on TV. Virtue/Ethan Edwards has a bit of a Superman origin but power wise being a shape-shifting super strong Skrull makes him more of a Martian Manhunter analog which makes for a good Skrullian Skymaster of the group.

Incredible Member

there's so many hyperions running around in the 616 nowadays that they can form their own group

Astonishing Member

Well, that was certainly evident in that Marvel Two-In-One Project Pegasus saga where Thundra led her own team of 'Female Furies' -- obvious knock offs. It's a shame, though, that the DC/Marvel Amalgam books used Marvel's Titania instead of Thundra, Admittedly, Thundra had pretty much been put to pasture when those books came out. But geez -- talk about overlooking the obvious! And Marvel's Titania (II) was probably Jim Shooter's lamest creation (unless you include all of Secret Wars!).

Some of the Amalgam choices would've been different nowadays for sure, just due to new character debuts. Spider-Man - who was Ben Reilly at the time - got merged with Superboy to create Spider-Boy, since both were clones. Obviously Peter would've merged with someone else instead of the future Conner Kent (he was just The Kid back then). Another one is Tim Drake Robin + Jubilee = Sparrow, matching Batman + Wolverine = Dark Claw. Nowadays, Sparrow would probably be Damian Wayne mixed with Armor. X-23 seems more obvious at first sight, but I think Laura is a better match for a different Bat family member - Orphan.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Some of the Amalgam choices would've been different nowadays for sure, just due to new character debuts. Spider-Man - who was Ben Reilly at the time - got merged with Superboy to create Spider-Boy, since both were clones. Obviously Peter would've merged with someone else instead of the future Conner Kent (he was just The Kid back then). Another one is Tim Drake Robin + Jubilee = Sparrow, matching Batman + Wolverine = Dark Claw. Nowadays, Sparrow would probably be Damian Wayne mixed with Armor. X-23 seems more obvious at first sight, but I think Laura is a better match for a different Bat family member - Orphan.
    I can -really- see the Companies going w. a Damian/X-23 mix, though.

Great post, BTW.

Astonishing Member

No doubt that the Amalgam stories were a lot of fun. I really loved the amalgam of Lana Lang and Mary Jane Watson as Insect Queen (Lana's occasional super-hero identity).

Mighty Member

Squadron Supreme Reportedly coming to the MCU from Loki Team
    A movie variant of the Squadron is probably going to established the team as clowns and/or bad guys, which means that we can look forward to at least a few years' worth of sub-par comics.

Yes, there's a Squadron Supreme mini tying into Empyre.
    Is there a solicit or some other information available? Who is writing it?

There's no need for the Squadron. Nighthawk can defeat all the Avengers just by himself. And do you know why? Because he's Bat... I mean, because he's Nighthawk!
    He is the god-damned Nighthawk!
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

EMPYRE: SQUADRON SUPREME #1 (OF 2)
    MARK WAID (W) • Dio Neves (A) • Cover by PACO MEDINA
    Variant by Carlos Pacheco
    The invasion has begun! But the alien invaders soon encounter resistance in the form of the Squadron Supreme of America! As the two forces clash, only one thing is clear…the fight for America’s survival has begun!
    32 pages/Rated T+ …$3.99
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

^^^oh I’m so excited for this.

Extraordinary Member

They need one more...maybe Lady Lark.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    They need one more...maybe Lady Lark.
    If they recruited Songbird I’d poop myself in glee!

This could be fake...but I read somewhere that Marvel is trying to get Brad Pitt into the role of Marvel's Superman?