Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    It's DC. They'll operate out of some previously unheard of big city that we assure you has been there the whole time.
    But they’ll never reveal which state it’s in.

As soon as someone realises that and asks the question, they just reboot. It’s the DC version of Amnesia Dust.

The mutants operate out of stargothambludhavenopolis.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

It'll be a city named 'Mountainton', 'Westernopolis', 'Rivermouth', 'St. Suburbia' or the like.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    The mutants operate out of stargothambludhavenopolis.
    Silly person. It’s Centralcoast.

Which is an oxymoron but... SHUT UP! REBOOT!

Darwin City.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Even though the team is called the Justice League of America, they wouldn't sit idly while mutants were being hunted down. Especially Superman.

Batman will be understandably cautious with high telepaths and omega mutants around, but I can't see the sentinel becoming a top seller on the black market with Superman in the picture. Lois exploiting the parties while Superman puts them out of business.

There is a chance Mutant may still have their problems, but I don't see it nearly as bad if they resided in the DCU

As for the Mutant Villains, I don't see them having a chance in hell if they PO'd the Justice League
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 03-04-2020 at 12:12 PM.

Theres also the issue of the Metagene, the OTHER genetic bs that humans in DC have that gives them powers. Is the X-gene the same ? Different? I suspect most wont care so mutants will just be generic heroes

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Theres also the issue of the Metagene, the OTHER genetic bs that humans in DC have that gives them powers. Is the X-gene the same ? Different? I suspect most wont care so mutants will just be generic heroes
    Pretty much this.

In Marvel, because of how things were approached and the public's reaction to mutants, we end up with the persecution, the hatred, etc.

In DC, the x-gene is basically 'So...ANYONE has a chance of being born with superpowers? Cool.' There would be no 'fear of humanity being supplanted', because in DC humanity doesn't look at metahumans as 'the new race that's going to take over'.

It's right there in the name: metahuman. They're just viewed as 'people who have superpowers'.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Oh, and Belasco, S’ym and N’astirh mock Trigon. A lot.
    I like this. A lot.

I can see the 3 of them standing around the water cooler in the demon realm's employee break room, snickering to themselves as Trigon nearby struggles to make photocopies at the Xerox machine.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Most of the X-Men are happier, that’s for sure. And depending on when/what era Magneto is from, Erik might even chill out and enjoy the far less prejudiced world he now resides in.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

I'd imagine that some would be incorporated into the likes of the Titans, Outlaws, Outsiders, Justice League, etc.

Though really, a lot can come down to how the X-gene and Metagene are interpreted. If they're essentially the same thing, then a lot of Magneto's "superior race" stuff goes out the window (especially with people like Arm Fall Off Boy).

Incredible Member

I stand by a superman magneto crossover could be one of the most interesting stories in comicdom.

Superman is the living embodiment of the best of humanity.
    Just knowing about him existing makes the world a better place.

In contrast Magneto was forged in a hell that shows the absolute worst humanity has to offer.

I doubt either would fight each other too much (supes is too much of a boyscout and magneto would hold back a lot as he would probably be one of the few beings he respects), but their debates would be legendary.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

DC isn't above a good metahuman witch-hunt. Even Superman was wanted for arrest from the United Nations recently. But it is an event, not the norm.

I think one of the issues is the Metagene is somewhat rarish and can be activated by anyone at any age with significant stress, meanwhile mutants seem to be increasing and usually activate during teenage years.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I think one of the issues is the Metagene is somewhat rarish and can be activated by anyone at any age with significant stress, meanwhile mutants seem to be increasing and usually activate during teenage years.
    Super puberty. Or Superty.