Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Time travel. Not a fan reality altering and manipulation. I mean if its illusion casting then fine but nah. Goldballs. Glob. Eyeboy. Shargirl. Nature Girl. Thats just a start there are plenty of other wasted space redundant mutants there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    For the most part i have no problem with deformity mutations, i understand that not everyone can have cool powers.

That being said, extreme mutations can raise questions.

Imagine for 1 second that more "globs" start to born, im sure that even the most benevolent xmen would be concern with the idea of humanity being replaced by gelatine.
    Lol!

Life XI: Moira discovers that the only way for mutants to survive is to all develop gelatine-like mutations.

Mutantkind is saved. Humanity is dead. Ed Brisson ejaculated.

For the most part i have no problem with deformity mutations, i understand that not everyone can have cool powers.

That being said, extreme mutations can raise questions.

Imagine for 1 second that more "globs" start to born, im sure that even the most benevolent xmen would be concern with the idea of humanity being replaced by gelatine.
    Mutant are necessarily superior, now… Gelatine or not.
    It's a part of the credo.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Can't believe how many people dislike eyeboy. Smh

Dude could be a better bullseye under the right pen.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

That dude with the super long neck is stupid.

Were I to fix things:

1. Tarot // dream-based precognition <non-combat mutant>
    2. Franklin Richards // reality manipulation (limited via Illuminati) <Omega mutant>
    3. Legion // empathic metamorph --> reality manipulation "Proteus" <Omega mutant>
    4. Scarlet Witch // magical non-mutant
    4. Monarch // magical non-mutant
    5. Ink would not exist.
    6. Darkstar // telekinesis
    7. Doorman // teleportation
    8. Quagmire // telekinesis
    9. Silhouette // teleportation
    10. Vanisher // teleportation
    11. Adam X would not exist.
    12. Jean Grey would not be an Omega mutant.
    13. Glob // beeswax transmorph
    14. Eyeboy // extra eyes, supervisions (But the eyes would close and then vanish.) <non-combat mutant>
    15. Maggott // multibody transmorph (Can change his form into several smaller, hive-mind creatures; his slugs are only his first phase.)
    16. Sharkgirl // shark transmorph (Like Wolfsbane is for wolves. Stays in were-shark shape on land.)
    17. Nature Girl // empath
    18. Wolverine, Logan // healing factor (No bone claws. They're robotic additions.)
    19. Wolverine, Laura // healing factor (No bone claws. They're robotic additions.)
    20. Sabretooth wouldn't be a mutant.
    21. Deadpool wouldn't be a mutant.
    22. Wildchild wouldn't be a mutant.
    23. Daken // healing factor (No bone claws. No claws. Uses swords!)
    24. Magik // teleportation (Magic grants her dimensional access with concentration, requires an "anchor".)
    25. Fitzroy // teleportation (Technology granted him a single time-jumping portal, stranding him and Bishop here.)
    26. Cable wouldn't be Cable.
    27. Rachel // telepathy, telekinesis, pyrokinesis
    28. Eva Bell wouldn't exist.
    29. Domino // precision (Not luck-power, but superhuman aim, agility, combat awareness.)
    30. Roulette // precision (Not luck-power, but superhuman aim, agility, combat awareness.)
    31. Longshot // precision AND subtle instinctive reality-shaping (very, very, rare)

Wooo baby that's a lot of teleporters. I wish some were short-range like Nightcrawler, and not all Magik/Lila Cheneys.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post

I quite like the mutants that have pointless, non-combat focused abilities. The more combat focused powers that characters like Cyclops and Wolverine have should be less common than the defenseless mutants that are just freaky looking, at least that makes more sense to me. It makes the X-Men a slightly more necessary concept; mutants who can defend the defenseless.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post

He truly is this generation's Cypher

Skinny blonde boy and all

99.9% of the time, I hate time travel as a story-telling device (the 0.1% is usually just “passable”), so...that power.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    5. Ink would not exist.
    11. Adam X would not exist.
    18. Wolverine, Logan // healing factor (No bone claws. They're robotic additions.)
    19. Wolverine, Laura // healing factor (No bone claws. They're robotic additions.)
    20. Sabretooth wouldn't be a mutant.
    21. Deadpool wouldn't be a mutant.
    23. Daken // healing factor (No bone claws. No claws. Uses swords!)
    29. Domino // precision (Not luck-power, but superhuman aim, agility, combat awareness.)
    30. Roulette // precision (Not luck-power, but superhuman aim, agility, combat awareness.)
    31. Longshot // precision AND subtle instinctive reality-shaping (very, very, rare).
    I agree with these ideas 100%!

In terms of Sabretooth, what would he be if not a mutant in your interpretation?
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Telepathy and telekinesis that’s so unbound that it’s basically the power to do whatever the hell the writer feels like doing. Powers with limitations and counter plays are so much more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post

I quite like the mutants that have pointless, non-combat focused abilities. The more combat focused powers that characters like Cyclops and Wolverine have should be less common than the defenseless mutants that are just freaky looking, at least that makes more sense to me. It makes the X-Men a slightly more necessary concept; mutants who can defend the defenseless.
    True to that.

Not every Krakoans can be of the warrior class.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Telepathy and telekinesis that’s so unbound that it’s basically the power to do whatever the hell the writer feels like doing. Powers with limitations and counter plays are so much more interesting.
    Xavier isn't a telekinetic, though…

And Jean was just at first a telekinetic…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Lol!

Life XI: Moira discovers that the only way for mutants to survive is to all develop gelatine-like mutations.

Mutantkind is saved. Humanity is dead. Ed Brisson ejaculated.
    Apocalypse: im sorry Moria but i think....i think i choose the Nimrods.

Moira: I cant believe what yo- where is erik??

Apo: Teaching wanda to say "No more globs"

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    In terms of Sabretooth, what would he be if not a mutant in your interpretation?
    A human U-Man volunteer to the Weapon Plus program. He was a successful test subject to the grafts Weapon Plus extracted from Wolverine and implanted into Sabretooth's body. Additional grafts from mutant subjects gave Sabretooth increased strength and durability, but those subjects all died. Wolverine was the only donor that survived. As a test subject and donor, NOT the intended Weapon X agent, Wolverine's adamantium-laced skeleton was a process they intended for Sabretooth. Their enmity is largely the result of military brainwashing and toxic masculinity.