Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Mutant powers that you hate

What mutant powers annoys you?

Exemple given:

i hate Tarot’s powers, considering that mutations are biological traits, it makes zero sense that her power manifestation would require an artifice like tarot cards.

“Reality altering” powers. Just a bridge too far for me I suppose. Franklin Richards, Proteus, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    “Reality altering” powers. Just a bridge too far for me I suppose. Franklin Richards, Proteus, etc.
    I'm here to cosign this.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

I remember being very angry over Ink for similar reasons

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post

Exemple given:

i hate Tarot’s powers, considering that mutations are biological traits, it makes zero sense that her power manifestation would require an artifice like tarot cards.
    I always think about things like this. I also think mutations related to Limbo or the Darkforce Dimension make no sense.

“Ignite the electrolytes in your blood when it’s oxygenated”

Eyeroll.

The 90s has a lot of unnecessarily complicated powers. Just gimme eye beams jeebus.

Mighty Member

Agree with reality warping, in fact the omega classification should be done away with all together. Mutants and in general all earth related superpowered begins should have a cap, limit or ceiling on their abilities. No more unlimited power crap. Teen Jeen should not be curb stomping Galactus, Black Panther or Spiderman should not be defeating cosmic powered heralds and on and on. But nowadays it seems like everyone wants their fave mutant to be omega level because I guess that makes them better or something.

BANNED

TBH, I'm really not overly fond of healing factors. They're way too prone to creeping out of control (Logan's started as just mildly accelerated and he could still take hours or even days to recover from an injury. Now he can take a nuclear bomb to the face and he'll be all healed up in minutes) or being used to handwave new powers that should have nothing to do with healing at all. And it gets sort of repetitive when the only way you can get any real sense of tension/danger for the character is for "Oh noes! The villain has a never-before-seen technology that's keeping them from healing!"

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Bad writing.
    Whatever Glob has.
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post

Exemple given:

yeah the ambiguity sucked so much for her and her abilities. It did seem like later incarnations actually focused on her mutant ability to make images appear from any printed source. I hate that CC tried to make each Hellion fit a New Mutant archetype..

Eye boy. I mostly just hate his physical mutation. I can’t stand seeing him.

I don't even understand Maggott's powers.

Mighty Member

While I know writers wanted unique mutations.. Sometimes they went overboard. I really dont like powers such as Maggot's abilities. I would have been ok with the matter absorption into strength with out the slugs.And while I like power manipulation abilities I wonder if its the environment that shapes them as they might not have worked with out other mutants being present.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    Eye boy. I mostly just hate his physical mutation. I can’t stand seeing him.
    I get where you're coming from, with me it's Shark Girl. Also all other mutants whose mutation is being a hybrid of human/animal.

Edit: that suddenly explains to me why I have no interest in Feral at all, and Wolfsbane is my least favorite New Mutant. I'm not sure if Sabretooth would also be included in this, but if so he's actually the exception.

Astonishing Member

Is less there powere more how their used. I like when powers are uses in more abstract ways take storm vs weather report from JoJo's. Both maunplate weather but only one can make it rain frogs and use the power of rainbows to make people trip balls and become snails, could armor, light thing on fire with friction, cause oxygen poisoning and 50 other crazy things storm will never do. That's a big pluss manga has over comics they have way more abstract and creative power usages, comics are to much just larger and larger scale.