Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Alchemy was a transmuter.

There are others I think.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Hmm does any mutant have the power to transmute matter. I know powerful tks like Jean can do it but does anyone has it as their power like Sersi/Firestorm
    Also Chrome, of the Acolytes, in addition to those mentioned by others.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Wanda's powers are really terrible at best. Her powers are so broken that I broke from them some years back.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

I’m not fond of shapeshifters that can morph with their clothes. Like, how the heck does your body replicate a dress and heels? I’m not too fond of time travel that doesn’t take into account that the universe is constantly expands and the earth is moving with it. I believe several people mentioned healing from even with head removal and complete annihilation, and I have to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Wanda's powers are really terrible at best. Her powers are so broken that I broke from them some years back.
    Admittedly, this is part of the reason why I want Wanda to just be a witch instead of a outright reality warper. Also, it would keep writers from using her as a plot device, or just putting her in a coma instead of being creative.

Ultimate Member

Back in the eighties, the Marvel Handbook years, her power was just 'hex bolts' that caused bad things to happen to her target, and, according to the handbook, she had gotten good enough with them that she could *choose* the 'bad thing' to happen to the target (so no 'accidentally' giving someone a stroke, for instance...), and could throw hex after hex one after the other for *several hours* IIRC, before mental fatigue set in.

That was a pretty awesome power. Got any device, like a gun on you? It don't work no more. Anything that could fall on you? Power line, perhaps? 'Blue ice?' Ouchie. On a flat plain in a world with no airplanes and no devices that could malfunction? Fine, have a charlyhorse (or aneurysm, depending on how lethal she's feeling) or something!

Then it was all chaos magic, then 'reality manipulation' and it got weird and pointless. If she could say 'No More Mutants' and cause something so drastic, why on Earth didn't she ever say, 'No More Cancer' or 'No More Hunger' or 'No More Racism' or 'No More Poverty?' Just terrible writing, to give a protagonist character with decades of history that sort of power, and then have to pull ten thousand excuses out of their butts to explain why she doesn't use it, or couldn't undo it, or do anything useful with it, ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Back in the eighties, the Marvel Handbook years, her power was just 'hex bolts' that caused bad things to happen to her target, and, according to the handbook, she had gotten good enough with them that she could *choose* the 'bad thing' to happen to the target (so no 'accidentally' giving someone a stroke, for instance...), and could throw hex after hex one after the other for *several hours* IIRC, before mental fatigue set in.

That was a pretty awesome power. Got any device, like a gun on you? It don't work no more. Anything that could fall on you? Power line, perhaps? 'Blue ice?' Ouchie. On a flat plain in a world with no airplanes and no devices that could malfunction? Fine, have a charlyhorse (or aneurysm, depending on how lethal she's feeling) or something!

Then it was all chaos magic, then 'reality manipulation' and it got weird and pointless. If she could say 'No More Mutants' and cause something so drastic, why on Earth didn't she ever say, 'No More Cancer' or 'No More Hunger' or 'No More Racism' or 'No More Poverty?' Just terrible writing, to give a protagonist character with decades of history that sort of power, and then have to pull ten thousand excuses out of their butts to explain why she doesn't use it, or couldn't undo it, or do anything useful with it, ever again.
    I really liked this side of her mutant powers. If they wanted to give it an upgrade, they could have taken inspiration from Arcanna from the Squadron Supreme (she could manifest alternate outcomes and it resulted in low-key reality manipulation, but it was pretty contained and if I remember correctly she also had to do some math).
    Last edited by Veitha; 03-06-2020 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Maybe, the extent of her power is linked to her emotions: when she uttered 'no more mutants', it was very personal and not rational…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I really liked this side of her mutant powers. If they wanted to give it an upgrade, they could have taken inspiration from Arcanna from the Squadron Supreme (she could manifest alternate outcomes and it resulted in low-key reality manipulation, but it was pretty contained and if I remember correctly she also had to do some math).
    I think they did this with her but just in the Ultimate Universe, if I remember correctly she had to do math to use her powers. That was the one thing I liked about that version of her.

Amazing Member

Yes I was happy she renounce of her mutant connections

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    I think they did this with her but just in the Ultimate Universe, if I remember correctly she had to do math to use her powers. That was the one thing I liked about that version of her.
    Yes so that means it all had to make sense I miss the ultimate universe

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    You're right. Her powers were very similar to Arcanna in that universe. I think they're pretty cool depicted that way. Now she has very undefinied powers, because sometimes it looks like she bends reality/does hex stuff, and sometimes it's straight up witch magic.

Reality warping....it seems that it's the plus one power to anyone determined to be omega level. It would be amazing if the reality stone was able to just suck this ability out of every reality warping human, mutant, and alien. The very act should cut off further use of this for at least 5yrs.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Reality warping... it seems that it's the plus one power to anyone determined to be omega level. It would be amazing if the reality stone was able to just suck this ability out of every reality warping human, mutant, and alien. The very act should cut off further use of this for at least 5yrs.
    Yeah. I sometimes wonder if some of the more unusual aspects of the super-powered Marvel universe might be tied into the Infinity Stones. Reality warping, as a power, from the influence of the Reality Stone. The nature of Pym particles, or the unlimited range of teleporters (other than Lila Cheney, or others specifically defined by their extreme range) tied to the influence of the Space Stone. The prevalence of time displaced individuals in 616, the influence of the Time Stone. The amazing versatility and ubiquity of telepathy and telekinesis, tied to the Mind Stone. Etc.

This would allow any or all of those specific elements to be 'tidied up' if it is ever felt narratively necessary by having the nature of the respective Stone(s) tweaked in-story.

Nature Girl can control the weather too? The hell?

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Nature Girl can control the weather too? The hell?
    I can't remember seeing her do this but maybe..
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡