Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Yeah.. I also think with Jean having hopped into Emmas body it was already someting going on to allow her to move a little easier. One thing I always wondered was if Emma went into Bobby, did Bobby go into Emma's body.. Now that would have been interesting to see how he dealt with being in her body and having telepathy with his silly ass mind set.
    They show him wake up in Emma's body with a surprised look on his face, but no, they didn't lean into what that meant for him(having telepathy). Ororo got pretty good at telepathy in her short time in Emma's body, but I mean, her normal power is psionic in nature and all about willpower and control anyways, so pretty similar substrate.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    The fact that some humans can learn telepathy is kind of cool for me. I guess baseline humans in the MU have some latent psionic talents by themselves and maybe that's why telepathy is such a common mutation among humans compared to say eye-beams.

I'd like to see a human telepaths vs mutant telepaths battle in a future confrontation. Emma was much more powerful than the Purple Children in the latest Jessica Jones, and Jean was able to create blocks to keep Purple Man out if I'm not wrong (I know he's not a telepath per se, but he's been largely depicted as a telepathic being in the latest iterations with full-on mind possession and illusions and such).

The fact that Jean and Quentin are Omegas should suggest that human telepaths like Moondragon and Mantis cannot surpass them.
    I think it is safe to say that all sentient minds are at least a tiny bit psionic in nature given things like the Astral Plane, the Nightmare realm, the Phoenix Force(which at one point was characterized as the psionic energy of all sentient minds past, present, and future in composite). There have been times when non-telepaths have been able to use Cerebro. At one point Moondragron was characterized as a telepath of the highest order, maybe even transcending Xavier in some ways, but the telepathic creep in the X-Books over the last couple decades, and her fading into obscurity, might mean those tables have turned. Eternals are all telepathic too, I wonder if they will lean into that heavily in their MCU debut?

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I think it is safe to say that all sentient minds are at least a tiny bit psionic in nature given things like the Astral Plane, the Nightmare realm, the Phoenix Force(which at one point was characterized as the psionic energy of all sentient minds past, present, and future in composite). There have been times when non-telepaths have been able to use Cerebro. At one point Moondragron was characterized as a telepath of the highest order, maybe even transcending Xavier in some ways, but the telepathic creep in the X-Books over the last couple decades, and her fading into obscurity, might mean those tables have turned. Eternals are all telepathic too, I wonder if they will lean into that heavily in their MCU debut?
    Yeah X-Men Telepaths have also gotten pretty creative with their powers and have gotten much more powerful during the years. I mean, look at the entire telepathic Superskrull division being taken down by a single Telepath with help from Cerebro.

Eternals are interesting in the fact that they all have the ability to develop high order psionic powers, which looks like a more developed version of mutants.

Yeah X-Men Telepaths have also gotten pretty creative with their powers and have gotten much more powerful during the years. I mean, look at the entire telepathic Superskrull division being taken down by a single Telepath with help from Cerebro.

Eternals are interesting in the fact that they all have the ability to develop high order psionic powers, which looks like a more developed version of mutants.
    Yeah, the mutant telepaths do have a strong track record. I mean, look at Oracle, she's the best telepath in all of the Shi'Ar empire, but she got schooled by the Cuckoos their first semester.

Eternals are the Celestials turning on all the stats. I don't think they are intrinsically better than mutant telepaths, per say(telepathy to telepathy), but they are telepathic, super-strong, nigh-immortal, can shoot energy beams, can manipulate matter, can teleport, and can combine body and mind with other Eternals to become a Uni-Mind(amazing). Mutants have that potential(and even greater), but they usually don't get all of those abilities, and some of them just get the weird body shape(like Deviants). I am very interested to see how the MCU deals with this all, especially now that the Eternals will debut first, and the mutants later.

Yeah, the mutant telepaths do have a strong track record. I mean, look at Oracle, she's the best telepath in all of the Shi'Ar empire, but she got schooled by the Cuckoos their first semester.

Eternals are the Celestials turning on all the stats. I don't think they are intrinsically better than mutant telepaths, per say(telepathy to telepathy), but they are telepathic, super-strong, nigh-immortal, can shoot energy beams, can manipulate matter, can teleport, and can combine body and mind with other Eternals to become a Uni-Mind(amazing). Mutants have that potential(and even greater), but they usually don't get all of those abilities, and some of them just get the weird body shape(like Deviants). I am very interested to see how the MCU deals with this all, especially now that the Eternals will debut first, and the mutants later.
    It's very interesting that there's similarities to both Eternals and Deviants. It's like mutants are in the middle.

It's very interesting that there's similarities to both Eternals and Deviants. It's like mutants are in the middle.
    That's exactly where they are. Three variations of the same experiment. Mutants have the variability of the Deviants and the god-like potential of the Eternals.

So just spitballing here, cause I don't know much about Eternals/Deviants, but I do love Earth X.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    1. Psychics. Powers related to the mind.
    2. Elementals. Powers related to a substance.
    3. Dynamos. Powers related to the conveyance of energy.
    4. Transmorphs. Powers related to altering one’s form.
    5. Superhumans. Powers related to enhanced human abilities.
    6. Aberrants. Powers related to breaks in reality.
    Are there Elemental-, Transmorph-, or Aberrant-classed Eternals?

The ones I'm aware of are all Psychic, Dynamo and Superhuman.

That's exactly where they are. Three variations of the same experiment. Mutants have the variability of the Deviants and the god-like potential of the Eternals.
    *_* I love this stuff. I hope Hickman brings some Eternal stuff into this.

So just spitballing here, cause I don't know much about Eternals/Deviants, but I do love Earth X.

They all have all of those potentials. There have been a number of strange, obscure Eternal stories where they display all manner of abilities.

*_* I love this stuff. I hope Hickman brings some Eternal stuff into this.
    I was surprised he didn't. Especially like in PoX where he compared mutants as 'natural' evolution in contrast to post-humans being 'unnatural', when in fact, all humans on earth are the result of the unnatural, technological intervention of the Celestials on proto-humans. But that was the old canon. New Marvel seems to have systematically destroyed the Celestials and most of the Abstracts and are rewriting the history now in this post-Secret Wars 'new' Marvel universe, much of which Hickman himself had a hand with in his FF and Avengers work leading up to Secret Wars. Now that the Eternals will bring the Celestials into the public sphere in a way they never have been before, I anticipate the comics dusting that old canon off and bringing it back into the stories.

Ultimate Member

Sprite is specifically a shapeshifter, and all Eternals supposedly have a minor potential for that power (able to change their facial features if nothing else, although Sprite could straight up change into animals and stuff).

And all have a potential for transmutation, which counts as an Elemental (powers related to a substance), by that definition, with Sersi being the gold standard and able to pretty much make anything made of matter turn into anything else.

If Sersi is a Jean Grey/Firestorm mashup with an Emma Frost personality it makes sense the Eternals aren’t used often. That’s a LOT of flavor in one cupcake.

If Sersi is a Jean Grey/Firestorm mashup with an Emma Frost personality it makes sense the Eternals aren’t used often. That’s a LOT of flavor in one cupcake.
    I highly recommend the early Jack Kirby Eternals run(actually, almost every single Eternals story I've read is pretty cool to awesome, even that horrid New Eternals Apocalypse crossover). Sersi is delightful in so many ways, and yes, she would have made mincemeat of Emma and Jean in their contemporaneous forms(in 1975, I guess Emma wasn't even around yet, but even in the 80's or 90's).

And while I'm devastated Gemma didn't get to be the most perfect 90's Psylocke possible, I'm glad she'll be able to revel in the role of Sersi instead.

RCO008_1465888244.jpg

Hmm does any mutant have the power to transmute matter. I know powerful tks like Jean can do it but does anyone has it as their power like Sersi/Firestorm

I highly recommend the early Jack Kirby Eternals run(actually, almost every single Eternals story I've read is pretty cool to awesome, even that horrid New Eternals Apocalypse crossover). Sersi is delightful in so many ways, and yes, she would have made mincemeat of Emma and Jean in their contemporaneous forms(in 1975, I guess Emma wasn't even around yet, but even in the 80's or 90's).

And while I'm devastated Gemma didn't get to be the most perfect 90's Psylocke possible, I'm glad she'll be able to revel in the role of Sersi instead.

RCO008_1465888244.jpg
    Oh yes she was Emma Frost-ish. Maybe that's why I loved Sersi as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Hmm does any mutant have the power to transmute matter. I know powerful tks like Jean can do it but does anyone has it as their power like Sersi/Firestorm
    Alchemy and Mr.M?