Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I remember being very angry over Ink for similar reasons
    Also cosigning this. He's not the mutant, his tattoo artist is.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Nature Girl controls animals, talks to trees as if they have personalities, and can even manipulates microbes

Pick a lane

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    TBH, I'm really not overly fond of healing factors. They're way too prone to creeping out of control (Logan's started as just mildly accelerated and he could still take hours or even days to recover from an injury. Now he can take a nuclear bomb to the face and he'll be all healed up in minutes) or being used to handwave new powers that should have nothing to do with healing at all. And it gets sort of repetitive when the only way you can get any real sense of tension/danger for the character is for "Oh noes! The villain has a never-before-seen technology that's keeping them from healing!"
    Agree with this too. I hate hyper-exaggerated healing factor Wolverine. Give me 80s level healing factor any day over that. Where it took days, sometimes even weeks to fully heal from mortal injuries.

Also, there are too many characters out there now with healing abilities. The Hulk heals, and now half the damn mutants out there have some level of rapid healing. From Beast to Wild Child, and everyone in between. Not nearly as unique as it used to be.

Amazing Member

Telepathy and reality wrapping for mostly the same reason. They’re both creepy, overpowered, have to written out of plots, and worst of all most of the time are visually uninteresting. It doesn’t help that with telepathy half the mutant that have it are smug assholes.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Nature Girl controls animals, talks to trees as if they have personalities, and can even manipulates microbes

Pick a lane
    I mean, that can be applied to any big nebulous concept character. Hell this is Storm's entire MO

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I get where you're coming from, with me it's Shark Girl. Also all other mutants whose mutation is being a hybrid of human/animal.

Edit: that suddenly explains to me why I have no interest in Feral at all, and Wolfsbane is my least favorite New Mutant. I'm not sure if Sabretooth would also be included in this, but if so he's actually the exception.
    I was actually going to mention Shark girl but I don’t dislike human animal mutations as much.

Telepathy, Reality manipulation, Resetting entire universes....

I’d go with reality warping as well since it is way over powered, especially ones like Franklin. The other I find boring is generic energy blasts.

My fave powers are any psychic power, teleportation, and shape shifting.

I have not disagreed with a single post yet.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

I’m in the “it is a comic book world of pure fantasy” camp, so I am fine with just about any power is fine with me provided it is written well with at least some consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I mean, that can be applied to any big nebulous concept character. Hell this is anyone with decent psionic powers entire MO
    Fixed
    10char
    Last edited by Rosa Snarks; 03-02-2020 at 09:53 AM.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Over-powered mutants of any kind.

They are more a threat than anything else, make their other teamates ridiculous in comparison attracting light and tend to trigger lazy story-telling with more use of special effects than cleverness.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Over-powered mutants of any kind.

They are more a threat than anything else, make their other teamates ridiculous in comparison attracting light and tend to trigger lazy story-telling with more use of special effects than cleverness.
    Give me creative applications of one power over big flash displays any day.
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Give me creative applications of one power over big flash displays any day.
    Cyclops playing billiard with his ray on deadly bumper cars…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Cyclops playing billiard with his ray on deadly bumper cars…
    I choked. Lmfao
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡