Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Not every Krakoans can be of the warrior class.
    Exactly! And frankly, if the norm is that mutants have defensive/combat powers it makes the whole mythos seem kind of dumb.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    A human U-Man volunteer to the Weapon Plus program. He was a successful test subject to the grafts Weapon Plus extracted from Wolverine and implanted into Sabretooth's body. Additional grafts from mutant subjects gave Sabretooth increased strength and durability, but those subjects all died. Wolverine was the only donor that survived. As a test subject and donor, NOT the intended Weapon X agent, Wolverine's adamantium-laced skeleton was a process they intended for Sabretooth. Their enmity is largely the result of military brainwashing and toxic masculinity.
    Holy shit, I love this!
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Holy shit, I love this!
    Thanks buddy. I'm full of ideas.

To piggyback on the idea that not all mutants need to be combat, not all combative mutant villains should be mutants themselves. Wolverine's narrative isn't that he's a born killer, but that he was exploited by the world into believing himself a killer. Making every damn villain another version of himself and not an expression of the world that hardened him is a disservice to that story.

BANNED

On Topic: I would say Glob....I really don't understand his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Is less there powere more how their used. I like when powers are uses in more abstract ways take storm vs weather report from JoJo's. Both maunplate weather but only one can make it rain frogs and use the power of rainbows to make people trip balls and become snails, could armor, light thing on fire with friction, cause oxygen poisoning and 50 other crazy things storm will never do. That's a big pluss manga has over comics they have way more abstract and creative power usages, comics are to much just larger and larger scale.
    I would rather have an explanation as to how or why this characters powers work. Manga has a tendency to just make up random stuff. I personally wouldn't call it a plus, but better in creativity.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 03-02-2020 at 11:56 AM.

Mighty Member

let's not pretend comics don't make up garbage all the time.

If they didn't continuities wouldn't be the absolute dumpster fire they've been for literal decades.

To piggyback on the idea that not all mutants need to be combat, not all combative mutant villains should be mutants themselves. Wolverine's narrative isn't that he's a born killer, but that he was exploited by the world into believing himself a killer. Making every damn villain another version of himself and not an expression of the world that hardened him is a disservice to that story.
    Once again, I 100% agree with this.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Telepathy and telekinesis that’s so unbound that it’s basically the power to do whatever the hell the writer feels like doing. Powers with limitations and counter plays are so much more interesting.
    It wouldn’t be if telepathy was just mind reading and telekinesis was just moving objects around. Telekinesis gets a bad wrap when writers think it is a catch all to do anything and basically replicate any power.

I actually prefer telepathy to be more than just reading thoughts but it becomes crazy when you can create worlds, or recreate dead people or even shoot bolts from your head. Telepathy should be a subtle insidious power.

Gambit's powers.

He could only charge an object with kinetic energy. He never could use the kinetic power as energy waves.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    On Topic: I would say Glob....I really don't understand his powers.
    He only has one power: he's able to turn his body into paraffin wax. He just didn't go the whole way and he still has eyeballs and a skeleton floating in the mixture. He's not good at his power because it's horrific. If he was a better student and committed to learning his limits, or rather, lack of limits, he could transform completely into a glob of wax or change back to a human, or even make a better-looking human-looking body the way Mercury and Colossus and others are able to make their transformed bodies. He's a shit student so he's stuck looking the way he does.

He only has one power: he's able to turn his body into paraffin wax. He just didn't go the whole way and he still has eyeballs and a skeleton floating in the mixture. He's not good at his power because it's horrific. If he was a better student and committed to learning his limits, or rather, lack of limits, he could transform completely into a glob of wax or change back to a human, or even make a better-looking human-looking body the way Mercury and Colossus and others are able to make their transformed bodies. He's a shit student so he's stuck looking the way he does.
    There is some great story potential in all this. I hope someone dives in to this an explores Glob maturing and learning to do more with his ability.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!

BANNED

Geez, well that sucks. Thanks for the explanation.

Given your explanation his powers don't seem all THAT Lame, but can be actually useful.

I've said it before, but Glob could help mutants conquer yet another essential piece of capitalism: the wax and candles industry. He seems to be able to produce endless amounts of wax since he can be set on fire with no actual drawback and maintain his mass.

I hope Auntie Emma discovers it and starts shipping Krakoan Sex Candles.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I've said it before, but Glob could help mutants conquer yet another essential piece of capitalism: the wax and candles industry. He seems to be able to produce endless amounts of wax since he can be set on fire with no actual drawback and maintain his mass.

I hope Auntie Emma discovers it and starts shipping Krakoan Sex Candles.
    I'm afraid to ask but...... What's a sex candle ?!

I mainly hate it when characters have just really numerous and or nebulous powers. Like Exodus. Apparently he has telepathy, telekinesis, psychic vampirism, a level of superhuman durability, teleportation, resurrection abilities etc etc. Same with Apocalypse even if some of it comes from celestial tech. Selene is another even though some is derived from magic. Hyperstorm, Sinister etc etc. It just gets ridiculous and highly annoying when characters have all this different crap for powers.

Maggot should be Pestilence.
    Exodus should be War.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    I'm afraid to ask but...... What's a sex candle ?!
    An aphrodisiac candle or something else if you're more daring with your imagination.