Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Sage's powers piss me off for some reason. A computer brain? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    A human U-Man volunteer to the Weapon Plus program. He was a successful test subject to the grafts Weapon Plus extracted from Wolverine and implanted into Sabretooth's body. Additional grafts from mutant subjects gave Sabretooth increased strength and durability, but those subjects all died. Wolverine was the only donor that survived. As a test subject and donor, NOT the intended Weapon X agent, Wolverine's adamantium-laced skeleton was a process they intended for Sabretooth. Their enmity is largely the result of military brainwashing and toxic masculinity.
    Damn... I… kind of love this. Sabretooth being a rabid mutant-hating enhanced human would make him such a better villain IMO. His hatred of mutants combined with the alien-ness he feels due to being a human who has been enhanced far beyond homo sapiens would explain his psychotic, antisocial tendencies. And, of course, he would've been not such a nice guy to begin with, hence his being chosen for this. Good $#!t.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    Sage's powers piss me off for some reason. A computer brain? Really?
    Ah yes! This irks me too! Seems so dumb!
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    An aphrodisiac candle or something else if you're more daring with your imagination.
    I have to confess , I have great difficulty associating Glob with anything erotic . But I'm sure you're right , if anyone could do it , it would be Emma .
    Last edited by Nigel909; 03-02-2020 at 03:50 PM.

Mighty Member

Glob Herman is an abomination who should be blasted off into the nearest quasar.

Also, I hate it when comic writers decide to combine powers, let's say a death touch and an energy blast, and merge them into an unholy mixture. "It's not a death touch. It's a bio-electrical manipulation trick that blasts energy and can wither matter."

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Also, I hate it when comic writers decide to combine powers, let's say a death touch and an energy blast, and merge them into an unholy mixture. "It's not a death touch. It's a bio-electrical manipulation trick that blasts energy and can wither matter."
    sooo Claremont amirite

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Also, I hate it when comic writers decide to combine powers, let's say a death touch and an energy blast, and merge them into an unholy mixture.
    On a similar note, I hate secondary mutations in general. If I have my facts straight Emma's diamond form and cat Beast were the first examples of this, right? And I heard Morrison did Emma's diamond form because he wanted to use Colossus but Marvel were like "nah, he dead" so he gave Emma the diamond form so he could have a mutant with a similar unbreakable form. And then Marvel let Whedon bring back Colossus a short time later anyway.

So yeah, I loved Morrison's run but secondary mutations seem a bit silly in retrospect.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    So yeah, I loved Morrison's run but secondary mutations seem a bit silly in retrospect.
    They wouldn't be so crazy if subsequent writers committed to trauma releasing additional mutations. Storm should be on her septenary mutation.

I'm fine with most mutant powers. but I hate how so many mutants have been created that are just body horrors. You used to have the occasional Morlock, or Pennance, or Nightcralwer, but most mutants still looked human. I blame Morriosn. He had to have an entire school of mutants in the background and you needed to be able to tell they were mutants just by looking at them.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    I'm afraid to ask but...... What's a sex candle ?!
    Since it's made from the secretions of a frustrated teenage boy, I'd guess it's something you don't want in the bedroom when you're having sex.

I mean.... What if Glob can learn to do with his jelly what Bobby does with his ice? Do you want sentient goop dripping away in the corner while you're......busy?

I've put too much thought into this.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I mainly hate it when characters have just really numerous and or nebulous powers. Like Exodus. Apparently he has telepathy, telekinesis, psychic vampirism, a level of superhuman durability, teleportation, resurrection abilities etc etc. Same with Apocalypse even if some of it comes from celestial tech. Selene is another even though some is derived from magic. Hyperstorm, Sinister etc etc. It just gets ridiculous and highly annoying when characters have all this different crap for powers.
    100 % agree! The majority of mutants should have just one power, a few could have two(ex: telepathy and telekinesis) but no more than that. Now through training and experience one can utilize there single ability in various ways but essentially it's the a single ability. But no more multiple people like as mentioned Exodus or Monet or whoever else. And put a hard cap on their power so they have to be more creative with it or work in concert with another mutant to achieve victory.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Superintelligence, like there is people like Reed, MoonGirl, Ironman that have it and probably on a greater degree without being mutants.
    Forge or Prodigy should be genius and have other power.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    100 % agree! The majority of mutants should have just one power, a few could have two(ex: telepathy and telekinesis) but no more than that. Now through training and experience one can utilize there single ability in various ways but essentially it's the a single ability. But no more multiple people like as mentioned Exodus or Monet or whoever else. And put a hard cap on their power so they have to be more creative with it or work in concert with another mutant to achieve victory.
    As much as I love Monet I really have no idea how many powers she has so I agree with this but I'm not sure if other fans would be fine with her powers lumped under some kind of tactile tk.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

"Shoots violent concussive blasts from their body" dude can go hang out in the DC universe. Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Oh my goodness, I can't echo this post enough. Great stories come about when characters have clearly defined limitations and they work around them, use their abilities creatively and/or team up with others to overcome the challenge of the moment. Characters with a ton of powers (or just two) and said powers are super strong leads to a walking swiss army knife that has readers wondering:

"Why doesn't [insert Omega Level Swiss Army Knife] just [insert one of Omega Level Swiss Army Knife's dozen powers] to solve this problem?" I remember in college talking about the cosmic MU events of that time and a few people brought up that several Earth heroes could just wipe out entire fleets, or turn enemies into worshippers. I had no good answer for it. Keeping characters humble and limited makes their wins that much more impressive.