Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Hawkman.

Has low sales and is a 2nd tier character.

But I'm glad it's still going on.since it's the one of DC's best books and one.of only two titles I'm currently getting now.
    (The other is The Green Lantern which is Morrison who is more hit or miss for me.)
    I second that.

It's sad Hawkman is selling so low, he was never one of my top characters, but it is written so well, that it's my favourite DC comic.

Green Lantern as well, the Hawkman writer was writing it before and I thought it was great (The General Zod storyline) Morrison is more hit and miss. I struggled getting into the whole Blackstar comic, so I hope the writing becomes more captivating.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    Same. I'm thinking it's some kind of rights issue, where DC loses the license to the character if he's not in print or something, or it sells like hotcakes in digital format.
    I think it sells very good in trades and on big reveal issues (the Joker issues, the Batwoman Beyond first appearance and unmasking) but it may also be DC just giving Dan Jurgens his magnum opus given that he's been writing the character for six years now with over a hundred issues in.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Justice League Odyssey (which I’ve come to really enjoy)
    I still think that the book will be over once they wrap up the story about the Ghost sector and Darkside, but it is surprising how long this story has been going.

My initial guess was that they would have wrapped this up in 12 or 18 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I still think that the book will be over once they wrap up the story about the Ghost sector and Darkside, but it is surprising how long this story has been going.

My initial guess was that they would have wrapped this up in 12 or 18 issues.
    Especially when they changed writers as quickly as they did and the whole fiasco with Sejic leaving.

The Terrifics, I thought it'd be cancelled by now but I'm glad it's not.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    The Terrifics, I thought it'd be cancelled by now but I'm glad it's not.
    Absolutely this

I do enjoy it too

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Especially when they changed writers as quickly as they did and the whole fiasco with Sejic leaving.
    Yeah, when that happened I thought the book was DOA. But Abnett managed to salvage it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

me leaving the book wasn't a fiasco. i was just an artist on it. artists come and go. even writers do i am happy to hear it's still going