Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Silver Surfer is another character who had a long-running solo title but not one single memorable villain.
    What about Mephisto?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    technically both mystique and destiny are more antiheroines, similar to magneto

atleast largely
    Only in the films. In the comics, Mystique has not been an anti-hero in 30 years. She frequently works (and sleeps) with Sabretooth, kills indiscriminately, and had a one-shot recently devoted to how she uses her powers to screw over humans and frame mutants alike.

Looking at some of her handy work.

Using her powers to commit rape, then sending photos to the man's girlfriend.

Anti-Hero is used way too freely nowadays. Deadpool is an antihero now. Mystique, Daken, and Magneto are full on villains.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-09-2020 at 06:12 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Anti-Hero is used way too freely nowadays. Deadpool is an antihero now. Mystique, Daken, and Magneto are full on villains.

okay, fair

mystique fucks way too much with people

Here's more examples.

Her one-shot, X-Men Black was nothing but page after page of this. Then we see her rescue a young mutant, but it's only so she can frame her for numerous deaths later.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-09-2020 at 06:18 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

An anti-hero does heroic acts but doesn't follow the "hero code". So Marvel mostly has Venom, Punisher, Hulk and Deadpool for that role.
    "Cable was right!"

Technically Magneto hasn't been a villain since Eve of Destruction(i'm not counting Morrison because that was retconed to no being him) most of his actions had beem directed to villains in recent years.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    X-Men has - Mystique, Destiny.
    Don't forget Lady Deathstrike, Spiral, Deathbird, Selene, and Cassandra Nova, to name a few.

For female villains, I'd say it goes...

1. X-Men
    2. Thor (I agree that Enchantress and Hela are top contenders, though not so much on Lorelei or Lady Loki)
    3. Captain America (Superia and the Femizons, Sin, Mother Night, Viper, and all those Serpent Society gals Gruenwald spent time developing)
    4. Black Widow (maybe not A-List, but she sure has plenty: Iron Maiden, Black Lotus, Wrangler, etc.)
    5. Daredevil (Elektra's not exactly a villain per se, but there's also Typhoid Mary and Lady Bullseye)
    6. Ghost Rider (Lilith comes to mind)
    7. Iron Man (Madame Masque and... no one else???)
    8. Hulk (Vapor of the U-Foes, and... Betty's sometimes a villain right?)
    9. Fantastic Four (Salem's Seven has 3 women... and, uh... Salamandra?)
    10. Spider-Man (no big names, but plenty of underutilized ladies like Calypso, Stunner, and White Rabbit)

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Technically Magneto hasn't been a villain since Eve of Destruction(i'm not counting Morrison because that was retconed to no being him) most of his actions had beem directed to villains in recent years.
    Since he's still a mutant supremacist who doesn't value hunan life, he's a villain. Especially when he's fine with Omega Red killing mutant children because they can just revive. Never mind trauma.

Hickman even noted at the start of his run that Xavier is a hero that does what he has to do & Magneto is a villain who does what he has to do.

He may be decently written, which is rare for villains now, but he's a rare case of a non cardboard, jobber of the week villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    [*]Spider-Man (no big names, but plenty of underutilized ladies like Calypso, Stunner, and White Rabbit)
    Theres also Screwball, Beetle (Janice), Spider-Queen, Shriek

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Theres also Screwball, Beetle (Janice), Spider-Queen, Shriek
    They're part of the "plenty of underutilized ladies"
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Silver Surfer is another character who had a long-running solo title but not one single memorable villain.
    Mephisto has popped up on repeated occasion.
    However, he tussled heavily with ex-Heralds, the heaviest recurring one being Morg(currently dead), Terrax also frequently was after him and Gabriel the Air-Walker(died and resurrected in a mech body turned ally later).

Due to Surfers power levels he would fight cosmic foes that Earth bound teams would: Gladiator, Ronan and of course Galactus.
    Surfer is a bit like Superman in that respect. A few you can name but are used more universally across the board so they may not feel uniquely his rogues.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Iron Man has the Mandarin, Madame Masque, Living Laser, Whiplash, Crimson Commando, Titanium Man, the Stane’s, the Hammer’s, the Ghost, the Unicorn, Fin Fang Foom, Ultimo, Grey Gargoyle, MODOK, AIM, Spymaster and the Controller. One of my favorite rogues galleries.
    What? No love for the Melter?
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Kingpin appeared in a grand total of 18 Spider-Man comics before Frank Miller's run. The vast majority of his appearances in comics is in Daredevil.

Not only does Kingpin belong to Daredevil more than Spider-Man, he was never a Spider-Man villain of special significance to start with.
    You are SO wrong (in my opinion)! Next to Doc Ock and the Green Goblin, Kingpin was the best of the Spidey Villains. Plus his look was created by Johnny Romita!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Does anyone outside of Spider-Man, Batman, and maybe X-Men* have a truly great rouge's gallery?

*X-Men has a lot of iconic villains, but also a lot of forgettable and smaller name characters, while Spidey and Bats have really consistent quality across the board.
    Like the Gibbon and the Spot?
    Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Superman's most popular rogues are probably Lex Luthor (appears in mostly all media), Brainiac (appears in most media due to ties to Kal-El's origin), Zod (evil Superman), Bizarro (evil Superman), Lobo (Superman's Deadpool), Doomsday (killed Superman) and Darkseid (promoted to universal DC villain).
    Just to be accurate, Darkseid, while he may have crossed swords with Superman, was always the New Gods' primary villain. In fact, the New Gods' other villains were Darkseid's pawns!
    Sandy Hausler