Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Yes. It was in War of Realms. She tackled him easily, then tore out his throat and he was beheaded by Rahne.

Probably his most pathetic showing yet. Which is saying something because he's had noting but bad showings since 2003.

It looks as pathetic as it sounds.

A historical chapter for me though. Because it was here I realized the character was ruined beyond repair and that there's no point staying on the remains of a destroyed ship, so I jumped as a fan. Loser villains was never my thing.

While the execution was contrived, sloppy as Hell, and something I will always argue against, it's good Hickman euthanized him in HOX. Hopefully he won't be back any time soon. Heck we got preview sketches from Wolverine #2 that show flashbacks of him jobbing once again.
    Attachment 94183
    You know what, I'm just going to pretend like I didn't see this because pathetic wouldn't be a strong enough word to describe this.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The problem with the FF is every new writer wants to tell their Doctor Doom and their Galactus story. Since no writer seems to stay on a book for more than s couple arcs these days most of the FF baddies never get used.
    And this is where the editor needs to step in and say "No...use Diablo and the U-Foes."

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    And this is where the editor needs to step in and say "No...use Diablo and the U-Foes."
    Marvel editors are probably the most powerless bunch in comics. They have not had any real power since the beginning of the Quesada era when it became "Whatever the writer wants" era.

The problem with the FF is every new writer wants to tell their Doctor Doom and their Galactus story. Since no writer seems to stay on a book for more than s couple arcs these days most of the FF baddies never get used.
    Part of the problem is also that everything has to be a written for the trade six part epic story these days.

A lot of villains just aren't set up for that. It's a lot harder to get six issues out of Wizard or Red Ghost and his super apes than it is out of Dr. Doom and Galactus. A lot of really good villains don't get used these days because they were best in one and done stories. Either that or they only get include in those let's gather an army of ever villain EVER storylines where they're just a face in a crowd.

Villains just don't rob banks anymore and heroes don't go on patrol. I miss that stuff.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    You know what, I'm just going to pretend like I didn't see this because pathetic wouldn't be a strong enough word to describe this.
    Believe me, I wish I hadn't seen it. lol And I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Part of the problem is also that everything has to be a written for the trade six part epic story these days.

A lot of villains just aren't set up for that. It's a lot harder to get six issues out of Wizard or Red Ghost and his super apes than it is out of Dr. Doom and Galactus. A lot of really good villains don't get used these days because they were best in one and done stories. Either that or they only get include in those let's gather an army of ever villain EVER storylines where they're just a face in a crowd.

Villains just don't rob banks anymore and heroes don't go on patrol. I miss that stuff.
    That's because bank robbing isn't as interesting for most superheroes these days (not to mention far easier to solve or prevent and nowhere near as major for crimes) and as for patrol, superheroes have easier and less time consuming ways to learn about crimes.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    That's because we're in the era of trash villains. Even entertainment like WWE has gone down hill to the sewer in how they book their Heels.
    That's the age we live in. Fiction keeps giving us baddies that are just misunderstood people you can talk into being good (Steven Universe) or ineffectual one-shot wonders.

Someone on Twitter was saying Persona 5 was bad cuz they didn't show why Kamoshida became a molester. Seriously? No one cares about that; he's the villain. Geez.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Marvel editors are probably the most powerless bunch in comics. They have not had any real power since the beginning of the Quesada era when it became "Whatever the writer wants" era.
    Pretty sure marvel editors are a myth.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Iron Man. Hands down. No contest.
    I would say it is just filled with underrated villains like Blacklash.

The better question is, who has the worst FEMALE rogues gallery? 'Cuz for how popular and beloved Spidey's rogues gallery is, he sure is slacking on A-List female baddies.

Iron fist technically has a rogue's gallery on Wikipedia but the only recurring rogue is Davos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    The better question is, who has the worst FEMALE rogues gallery? 'Cuz for how popular and beloved Spidey's rogues gallery is, he sure is slacking on A-List female baddies.
    well he has antagonists in black cat and silver sable
    thor has Hela, enchantress, lorelei, sindr
    tony has sunset baine, madame masque
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 03-09-2020 at 10:35 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    well he has antagonists in black cat and silver sable
    thor has Hela, enchantress, lorelei, sindr
    tony has sunset baine, madame masque
    Thor and the X-Men have the best female villains.

Thor has - Hela, Enchantress, Lorelei, Female Loki.
    X-Men has - Mystique, Destiny.

Mystique in fact is the most frequently appearing female Marvel villain.

Spider-Man doesn't. Black Cat is an anti-heroine, as is Silver Sable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Thor and the X-Men have the best female villains.

Thor has - Hela, Enchantress, Lorelei, Female Loki.
    X-Men has - Mystique, Destiny.

Mystique in fact is the most frequently appearing female Marvel villain.

Spider-Man doesn't. Black Cat is an anti-heroine, as is Silver Sable.
    technically both mystique and destiny are more antiheroines, similar to magneto

atleast largely

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Many if not all of Johnny Storm's enemies in his Strange Tales run, all created by Stan Lee.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Silver Surfer is another character who had a long-running solo title but not one single memorable villain.