Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default What if you live in the Marvel Universe Earth?

I made this thread like so many years ago that its buried well in the thread rebooted a couple of times but yeah. interesting if you as a person, your family and friends live in the same plane of existence as the heroes and villains you read. so much changes and your way of thinking. you are living in a world where supernatural beings, monsters, mutants, vampires, countless alien empires, ect exist and you live in a world that would constantly get invaded or put in a world-ending situation and thats not to include the ones you aren't aware of to the public. that question can also applied if you develop powers which would complicate your life and add alot difficulties(heaven help you you are born a mutant where it would change your relationships and you would be targeted for genocide). if you are a military you gonna be fighting monsters(being being sent out to fight the Hulk) a police officier(you would likely be a casualty of supervillains or battles). i can see myself develop a sense of paranoia if I live it as much as I love reading about my favorite characters in this universe. I mean so many factors comeone i figure this would a interesting point of conversation for the thread here.

BANNED

from an average citizen's point of view, theyre just powerless

it's easy to see why they become so eager to support authoritarian figures

Astonishing Member

another thing, if you are a religious person your whole belief system will be called into question consider that Thor and the Norse Patheon and other different Paterons like Hercules being public knowledge.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    another thing, if you are a religious person your whole belief system will be called into question consider that Thor and the Norse Patheon and other different Paterons like Hercules being public knowledge.
    Actually, the existence of Marvel's "gods" would not change most of the dominant world religions any more than the presence of demons does. If anything it would reinforce it. After all, whether we're talking about Zeus, Odin, or cosmic "gods" like Galactus, none of those individuals have ever claimed in the modern era to be The Supreme Being. Even the Living Tribunal, Knull, and Eternity, etc., all pretty much concede that they're not the reason for the season. Even Beyonders acknowledge that they didn't create everything and can't control everything. Marvel's most powerful characters are limited in their omnipotence. That's why writers have entertained the existence of a TOAA -- The One Above All. Not the Celestial of the same name, but truly a Supreme Being. I suspect most world religions would simply adapt TOAA into their vernacular and keep it moving.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 03-02-2020 at 04:57 PM.

I would join one of the super-teams (of good). Use my powers to help others and uphold the law. The hard part would be picking the right team!

Extraordinary Member

Give me a dose of the formula that Speed Demon got his powers from. I would go south of the border and clean out a couple of drug cartels money rooms and retire to a live of laziness.

First, I'd want to be an Eternal. The appeal there isn't possessing cosmic life force, but rather the ability to achieve greater levels of power through training and discipline. That's me all day, every day.

Second, I would be an anti-hero at the very least...because not every law is a just law, nor are they designed to ensure peace, prosperity and freedom for all. Quite the contrary, in fact. Not just here in the US, but abroad as well. My personal code coupled with my substantial powers would not permit me to sheepishly uphold every law. I'd inevitably run afoul of unjust laws and eliminate the people who promulgated them no matter their office or station.

I'd have a panic attack ten times more than I do in the real world.

BANNED

If I was an average person, I'd be a supervillain, because then I have insurance. No matter how forgettable or lame my gimmick is, as long as I have an IP of my own, Disney/Marvel will ensure that I get resurrected or be on use in case they need a throwaway villain
    -- to give one of their new heroes "heat",
    -- in case some writer or another want to do a sob-story about the lameness of a D-List villain that's actually a metaphor for how we are all lame,
    -- want to upgrade into some gritty version and figure revamping something pre-existing will give them more freedom...
    -- Make into an anti-hero and maybe join the Avengers (albeit that was in the older days than now).

Mighty Member

In real life, I'm a biology professor. I think I'll be able to get powers pretty easily with all the nasty stuff I get to research in my microbiology lab.

Also, the real estate in NYC must be devalued on account of constant alien invasion. Considering that real estate is dirt cheap where I live, I imagine I don't need to pay much to own land.

I'd stay away from New York, rather, US of A at all costs.

Sounds pretty fun to be a hero or a villain, but at the moment you have to actually do it, it'd be traumatizing.

Even worse if you're self aware that you're in a comic book, means you know that you'll be on the whims of editors or writters, so it'd be better to try to be a nobody in case you have that much control over yourself, otherwise you could randomly become a rapist or a genocider or worse because of some stupid idea someone had lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    This would've been a fascinating take in the Thor movies in the MCU, but they went with the whole "aliens" route and neutered Asgard.

Crap, I just realized I'd be a cosmic Black character at Marvel. No one will know that I even exist until 10-20 years after my first appearance.

BANNED

Another possibility is to immigrate to Latveria. Between being canon fodder for rando villains in USA there only to be poorly protected by so-called heroes who lose more sleep over their girlfriends dumping them than the lives they fail to save...and the choice of being one of Doom's subjects, I'd choose the latter, as long as I support my despot and tyrant, I'll be fine. And Doom protects his people.

This is the basic premise of Gwenpool, isn't it?

As for me, I would go to the press and get a fortune from scoops. Starting with the real identity of Spider-Man!