Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    They've been close friends for decades, this is something else.
    Close friends who wanted to bone each others for decades...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Exactly. Plus both characters have died and been resurrected more than once. Logan is over 150 years old and Jean has been bonded with a cosmic deity basically, so she has touched infinity so to speak. Those things, I would think, tend to give you a little bit different perspective on life and how to live in the moment. Again, I would think. As someone who has never died, isn’t over 150 years old and has not touched the infinite I cannot say for sure.

Ah. You’re a denier. Got it. Carry on. I’ll continue to ignore since it’s been established on panel that they’re something more than friends on many, many, many occasions.
    I mean, he is not wrong, this is the first time that they actually together on panel. Regardless of the mutual attraction, only now that we have seen going all the way (i'm not counting AU like AoA because that's another matter), now whether this development last beyond Hickman is another matter, maybe it would last as long as Scott and Emmar, maybe it would last until Hickman stick around, we all know that Marvel has a thing for separating couples when things are going to well. I never expected then to actually make then official so at this point anything can happen.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

It doesn’t have to last. That’s the point. Neither of them need it to, they’re just enjoying the moment. Both have died and been resurrected multiple times. They have a different perspective on life and are giving in that which they’ve denied themselves for a long time now. I thought that came across very clearly and it fits with what’s going on in the X-books right now very much.

I don’t need to see Logan and Jean as that couple in the books who is constantly fawning all over one another. I don’t need them to get married, and have kids, settle down, etc. They can still be the same people tomorrow that they were before this. It’s just that they screwed, and will likely do so again. And they enjoy spending time with another and now it’s allowed. That’s it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    It doesn’t have to last. That’s the point. Neither of them need it to, they’re just enjoying the moment. Both have died and been resurrected multiple times. They have a different perspective on life and are giving in that which they’ve denied themselves for a long time now. I thought that came across very clearly and it fits with what’s going on in the X-books right now very much.

I don’t need to see Logan and Jean as that couple in the books who is constantly fawning all over one another. I don’t need them to get married, and have kids, settle down, etc. They can still be the same people tomorrow that they were before this. It’s just that they screwed, and will likely do so again. And they enjoy spending time with another and now it’s allowed. That’s it.
    Exactly. It doesn't have to last. Some people even talk about romance, to describe Jean & Logan in X-Force #10... it's everything but romance. It's not meaningless sex either. It's just them enjoying themselves, allowing themselves to be. I think their only plan for the future is Kraoka. Not a wedding or a Disney love story.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Exactly. It doesn't have to last. Some people even talk about romance, to describe Jean & Logan in X-Force #10... it's everything but romance. It's not meaningless sex either. It's just them enjoying themselves, allowing themselves to be. I think their only plan for the future is Kraoka. Not a wedding or a Disney love story.
    Anyone who thinks Logan is going to give up his, er, tomcat tendencies, has another think coming, there no way future Wolverine writers will have him chaste from this day on.
    Let them have their moment but don’t make it more than it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Anyone who thinks Logan is going to give up his, er, tomcat tendencies, has another think coming, there no way future Wolverine writers will have him chaste from this day on.
    Let them have their moment but don’t make it more than it is.
    I'm not expecting lol, Marvel has let that clear for years. It wouldn't surprised me if he sleeps with the vampire hunter that he just met in his solo, especially if Logan is really in a open relationship.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I would be inclined to say it won’t last but now Marvel seems really invested in giving the X-men a tight continuity. So you never know maybe it does last. At any rate this was long overdue and happy they finally did it. Marvel that is. Anyway I trust the writer so let’s see where it goes.

BANNED

They don't have to and SHOULDN'T get married or anything. It doesn't need to progress. They should just be a thing. Like, you know if both of them are missing that they're probably off somewhere, but no time-travel kids or wedding issues needed.

Ultimate Member

Well if Scott and Emma are together then there's no reason that Logan and Jean can't be together for the time...nothing wrong with Logan and Jean being together or living together once this Krakoa business is over...