Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Wasn't the whole scene where Logan almost went ballistic and tried to kill Kurt something that happened after Jean died in TDPS? Unless I'm remembering wrong but I think it was editorially mandated because Jim Shooter felt Wolverine was loosing his edge and fans wouldn't like him anymore as neutered.
    I'm pretty sure that there is an scene of Logan trying to kill Kurt in a training early in CC run, but i had been a while, so maybe i'm wrong. There is another time when Logan attacked Kurt again, that happened after The Dark Phoenix Saga, like you mentioned, but that was different, it was to showcase that Wolverine has problems controlling his more animal side (Logan attack him for kissing Mariko in the cheek right before a date) and he feel ashamed about it, it was i usually headcannon that Logan more innapropiate advances to Jean were partially happening because of that (as i said he has more problems controlling his feral nature after Weapon X). I don't remember the exact issue, but i'm pretty sure that is the same one where Kitty stayed alone in the mansion and fought a Broo.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    She was a child in the creepy Xavier panel.
    Oh snap! I just googled it. It was in the real early days obviously as everyone is calling me out on. I never read those issues so I assumed it was Claremont. Obviously wrong. Must have seen that panel on this forum here. So yeah. Xavier much creepier than Wolverine.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    You got the wrong kid re cyclops. Not a fan at all.

Jean was a child in that panel? Didn’t that happen in Claremont’s run sometime after wolverine and jean met?
    Yes, she was a teen in that panel, like 15 or 16 i think and it was in the 05 era.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Logan was not obsessed over her because she was the only one who treated him well. At least he never admitted that way when she met Jean and before '00s. Logan's earlier awkward social behavior towards her was because he never had any friends.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yes, she was a teen in that panel, like 15 or 16 i think and it was in the 05 era.
    This panel specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Logan's earlier awkward social behavior towards her was because he never had any friends.
    Which is accentuated by the fact that it wasn't until UXM 98 that the X-Men learn that Wolverine's claws are a part of his body. And it wasn't until the Wendigo issues after The Dark Phoenix Saga, that the X-Men (or specifically Nightcrawler) learn that Wolverine's real name is Logan. So that's how private he was.

Although the concept of Wolverine not having any friends doesn't mesh well with some of the later stories Claremont wrote. Like in the Frank Miller series where he has a Japanese friend who Yukio kills. Or the Spider-Man/Wolverine issue where he was friends with Charlemagne as they either fought together in the war or they were spies, I can't remember. Not to mention working alongside Nick Fury and Carol Danvers. Then there's also Heather and Jimmy Hudson.

BANNED

Which is accentuated by the fact that it wasn't until UXM 98 that the X-Men learn that Wolverine's claws are a part of his body. And it wasn't until the Wendigo issues after The Dark Phoenix Saga, that the X-Men (or specifically Nightcrawler) learn that Wolverine's real name is Logan. So that's how private he was.

Although the concept of Wolverine not having any friends doesn't mesh well with some of the later stories Claremont wrote. Like in the Frank Miller series where he has a Japanese friend who Yukio kills. Or the Spider-Man/Wolverine issue where he was friends with Charlemagne as they either fought together in the war or they were spies, I can't remember. Not to mention working alongside Nick Fury and Carol Danvers. Then there's also Heather and Jimmy Hudson.
    True. Claremont seems to make him more antisocial rather than leaning towards making more friends and partly because they wanted him as a more mysterious character.

Well that panel was before Byrne joined the book and Logan only role was essentially be the loudmouth of the team, i'm pretty sure that Claremont didn't even think about him having any ties with Japan back in that issue.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Ultimate Member

I remember the old episodes of X-Men evolution during the Christmas episode everyone went home or was with family somewhere but Logan went to a bar by himself and drank and shot pool as he probably had no one to spend the time with, and I wonder how Jean would look wearing some of Logan's clothes...come to think of it I wonder if the X-Men have ever done that...perhaps...

All-New Member

sooo... finally!

Extraordinary Member

What’s funny is that everyone on Krakoa knows already.

What did the Sinister Secret say again?

It was great! Loooooooooooove X-Force!

Extraordinary Member

This panel specifically.
    Next panel:

Jean: “But Bobby I can’t go out with you, you’re gay!”
    Bobby: “.......”

Extraordinary Member

The dude used to sniff to pieces of her hair and play with himself.

He’s come a long way.

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The dude used to sniff to pieces of her hair and play with himself.

He’s come a long way.
    Doesn't need this anymore loltas105_09.jpg