Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

I never understood why MARVEL has not yet invested in a romance between Wolverine and Jean, Logan is the most popular character in the X-Men and Jean is at # 2 or # 3, no matter how much Jott fans complained, I don't think the couple don't would be welcomed ... both are very popular and many fans dream of them together ...

Cyclops is not even that popular, besides he was very well with Emma Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Claws View Post
    I never understood why MARVEL has not yet invested in a romance between Wolverine and Jean, Logan is the most popular character in the X-Men and Jean is at # 2 or # 3, no matter how much Jott fans complained, I don't think the couple don't would be welcomed ... both are very popular and many fans dream of them together ...

They can't tie Logan down. And if he is put in a relationship with Jean it will break his character of being a tortured loner. He brings in the money as evidenced by the fact that Wolverine #1 was the best selling comic of 2020.

I am puzzled why Cyclops is liked in this forum very much. I am just so tired of seeing the X-Ladies being used for Cyclops convenience. He doesn't want them then they become evil (Maddy) or die (Jean) and now he is living the life with both his wife and mistress because what? Women don't respect themselves?

Jogan needs to happen!!

Also thank you! I am happy to find someone who thinks like me.

Ultimate Member

I don't think that having Jean and Logan in a relationship would be tying him down, he does seem to be able to have long term relationships before so he could with Jean, and it would give Marvel a chance to have Jean break away from the "Mother" role that she often plays in the X-books and show her wild side/let her hair down so to speak without going overboard, Jean's no shrinking violet and could handle herself almost anywhere, besides it'd be fun to see Jean become more a part of Logan's world-meeting the people in it-and how she'd interpret it all, and maybe the fun of him continuing to teach her how to fight without powers...

When it comes to Jean they only seem to hogtie her to Scott. Yes Jean and Logan would make a very good couple but Jordan White is a Jott fan unfortunately.

BANNED

White AND Hickman.

Logan and Jean would never happen because Jean existing as a character while not with Cyclops would never happen.

Cyclops shippers are by very far the editors' biggest priority when it comes to how they regard fans and what is done with the other characters, which makes all the convo about the "rectangle" funnier.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Logan and Jean would never happen because Jean existing as a character while not with Cyclops would never happen.
    You mean like how it happened in X-Men: Red and is currently happening in Percy’s X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Claws View Post

Because Logan's appeal, from a comercial perspective (or more accurately, Marvel's perspective) is heavily tied to his Clint Eastwood-like charactheristic, drawing much inspiration from protagonist like Harry Callahan, The Man With No Name and William Munny. Those characthers don't really go too much into romance and if they do, is actually as an intense love story that ends in tragedy and is tied to the inherent tragedy within his characther.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    You mean like how it happened in X-Men: Red and is currently happening in Percy’s X-Force.
    Cyclops was dead for Red and they are together in present day.

All-New Member

I love this ship what was the name of Logan and jeans daughters ,in spider Man renew your vows does anyone remember

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by comicbook.com interview with Percy

COMICBOOK.COM: Jean Grey plays a big role in both X-Force and in Wolverine #1. What about Jean, in particular, do you find interesting to write about? What sides of her? Because obviously, she's been around for so many decades and has so many different interpretations, but I love how you write her in particular.

BEN PERCY: She's a badass. She is the Omega of Omegas. She has a compelling three-dimensionality to her, a big-heartedness to her, and a haunted quality to her, that alongside Wolverine, I think is really compelling. They bring out the best in each other, and she is one of the few people who can put him in his place.
    The beast with a man hidden inside and the woman hiding a fierce monster: they bring out the best in each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Nategrey39 View Post
    I love this ship what was the name of Logan and jeans daughters ,in spider Man renew your vows does anyone remember
    I didn't like her name. "Shine".

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    White AND Hickman.

Cyclops shippers are by very far the editors' biggest priority when it comes to how they regard fans and what is done with the other characters, which makes all the convo about the "rectangle" funnier.
    Yes, unfortunately you are correct!

Marvel is taking a step back in how they should be portraying women. And strong women at that. I have waited so long for Marvel to bring her back in a way that is satisfying and organic to who Jean was.

Also, I think it sends the wrong message - that cheating on your spouse is something that DOES go unpunished. I would have loved for Marvel to have had the courage to let Jean move on with her life, cut ties with the past - specially with how Scott has been behaving.

Ultimately, I think Marvel just wants to have their cake and it eat it too. They cannot or will not try to piss off fans of Cyclops - or more specifically those who want Scott and Jean together. As would any purist comic book fan will argue they are canon.

Little Mermaid Ariel gave up her voice for a man, Sleeping beauty married the man who kissed her without her permission when she was asleep, Jean Grey gave up her self esteem to crawl back to the man who cheated on her and chose his mistress over his wife without so much as even a discussion. Fairy tales were then, this is now. Things haven't progressed much for womenkind....

All-New Member

Hickman is Emma Frost fan

I've long thought that a lot of the creators identify with Scott Summers. He is the guy they wish they could be (strong, confident [at times], good looking, gets with women like Emma Frost and Jean Grey) and he's brooding and riddled with self doubt in some aspects of his life doubt much like a lot of us either are or used to be. He has all this pressure on him to be the leader of his people, or pressure as Xavier's general.

Cyke gets to be the insert character, and he certainly felt that way in the Brubaker and Fraction years and even in the Bendis years. I say this as someone who loves the character. He's mostly been my #2 fav X-men character. In the online fandom we see a lot of fans who love the character and who identify with the character for a variety of reasons.

Hickman does great with Scott's voice. He makes him a very compelling character. I don't think anyone could argue that Hickman doesn't like Scott. He clearly likes writing Emma as well. He does very well with Logan's voice. He did well with Jean every time he's used her (except one) and we still haven't seen enough to make a well rounded opinion when it comes to her, imo.

To keep on topic, I prefer it best when Jean has her own thing going on but I do like that she gets to fight along side both Scott and Wolverine.

I think what makes Logan and Jean work is that they don't become a couple and they just have an attraction to each other. But in this new era they seem very close and it is certainly possible that something is going on between them.

BANNED

That status as the writer insert is bad for whoever the girlfriend character is. It affects what all of the other characters are allowed to do, but it is particularly bad for Jean. Hope Jean can get away from that somehow, whether it's being paired with Wolverine or some other character.

Ultimate Member

Actually if they were to truly pair Logan and Jean together they'd actually be treading new ground and Jean wouldn't have to be portrayed as the damsel in distress as often when she's with Logan she's shown that she's far more than that, a fully capable and intelligent woman...