Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

While I would be extremely happy to see Jean with Logan, I would be okay too if she was single and evolved as a character. After Morrison's run everyone got an upgrade but Jean remained dead so would be nice to see her make her mark with some good storylines.

I am excited for tomorrow. Hopefully she will feature in both X-men and Wolverine #2.

can someone explain why Logan was there putting flowers on Jean's egg when it was established earlier that it was all a dream and that he didn't really kill anyone? What am I missing?

BANNED

Ultimate Member

Nice bit of art of the pair...

Quote Originally Posted by Redshipper View Post
    While I would be extremely happy to see Jean with Logan, I would be okay too if she was single and evolved as a character. After Morrison's run everyone got an upgrade but Jean remained dead so would be nice to see her make her mark with some good storylines.

I am excited for tomorrow. Hopefully she will feature in both X-men and Wolverine #2.
    I'm so glad somebody else here realizes that Morrison's run did not help Jean at all in the long run.

Ultimate Member

I think that it's funny that for all that Morrison seemingly tried to end the idea of the pair to me he also pushed it forward a bit with the whole Jean taking a tour through Logan's fantasies and liking what she saw, which most of them one would think would be about her, and didn't she say that Logan was teaching her how to fight hand to hand as well...back during Morrison's run, I think a book with Logan and Jean where the two travel the world's back roads and such could be fun, mixed with a few instances of living the high life as well...society wise...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I think that it's funny that for all that Morrison seemingly tried to end the idea of the pair to me he also pushed it forward a bit with the whole Jean taking a tour through Logan's fantasies and liking what she saw, which most of them one would think would be about her, and didn't she say that Logan was teaching her how to fight hand to hand as well...back during Morrison's run, I think a book with Logan and Jean where the two travel the world's back roads and such could be fun, mixed with a few instances of living the high life as well...society wise...
    What issue did she browse through Logan's fantasies? I don't remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    What issue did she browse through Logan's fantasies? I don't remember that.
    I'm fairly certain it is a reference to New X-men 118 where Logan tells Jean to stay out of his fantasies. This is when she is monitoring from Cerebra and she sends him out to find new Angel. It is actually unclear whether she did review them much less enjoyed them.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I'm fairly certain it is a reference to New X-men 118 where Logan tells Jean to stay out of his fantasies. This is when she is monitoring from Cerebra and she sends him out to find new Angel. It is actually unclear whether she did review them much less enjoyed them.
    Thanks for confirming.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    White AND Hickman.

Logan and Jean would never happen because Jean existing as a character while not with Cyclops would never happen.

Cyclops shippers are by very far the editors' biggest priority when it comes to how they regard fans and what is done with the other characters, which makes all the convo about the "rectangle" funnier.
    Agreed. The X-Men's downfall was when the writers decided to live vicariously through Cyclops (looking at Morrison, Whedon, Fraction, Gillen, etc.) and the entire X-Universe became all about him much to the detriment of every other character. And even the fake blonde only benefited because the writers wanted to sleep with her so as a result, she was sleeping with their pet character Cyclops, but the second they were done with her, she was shipped off to the hell of obscurity. I would much rather have one of the most popular superheroes in the world like Wolverine be paired with Jean than someone who incels have come to venerate.

It's funny how fandoms are so misogynistic that writers' favorite male characters like Jean Grey, Storm, Kitty Pryde, Sage, etc. are dubbed Mary Sues but male characters like Cyclops who were propped up for decades by the writers never get branded as such.

Ultimate Member

To me when Jean travels and such with Logan she's always seemed to me to be far less restrained than normal, now she's not violent or brutish or anything like that but she can be more fiery and Logan doesn't order her around like he's in charge, she's more open minded and determined and her own character...a fully capable character that can more than keep up with Logan...

And I thought that during that issue Jean had a small smile or smirk on her face while she was in his head...

Fantastic Member

Agreed. The X-Men's downfall was when the writers decided to live vicariously through Cyclops (looking at Morrison, Whedon, Fraction, Gillen, etc.) and the entire X-Universe became all about him much to the detriment of every other character. And even the fake blonde only benefited because the writers wanted to sleep with her so as a result, she was sleeping with their pet character Cyclops, but the second they were done with her, she was shipped off to the hell of obscurity. I would much rather have one of the most popular superheroes in the world like Wolverine be paired with Jean than someone who incels have come to venerate.

It's funny how fandoms are so misogynistic that writers' favorite male characters like Jean Grey, Storm, Kitty Pryde, Sage, etc. are dubbed Mary Sues but male characters like Cyclops who were propped up for decades by the writers never get branded as such.
    Agree with everything in this post. Certain characters have become a self-insert for a majority of writers and it shows in the books. Ugh.

I've become more and more fond of Logan/Jean's relationship as time has gone on. I believe he truly does love her, in MANY ways. I'd like to think Logan is why we've seen Jean designated as the go-to telepath in other books.

We saw Tony Stark talking to all the heroes about he reached out to Jean to monitor the psychic landscape (this was Amazing Spiderman, during the debut of the Thieves Guild).

I'd like to see both Logan and Jean on more adventures throughout the marvel universe. Jean meshes with other characters extremely well and I hate that she is currently consigned to the same old same old group.

Logan has an eclectic list of aquaintances and I'd like to see he and Jean explore that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post

I actually didn't think Gillen was inserting himself, unless he is harder on the characters he sees as himself, which is the way to do it if you're gonna do it. It's been a while since I read that though.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    To me when Jean travels and such with Logan she's always seemed to me to be far less restrained than normal, now she's not violent or brutish or anything like that but she can be more fiery and Logan doesn't order her around like he's in charge, she's more open minded and determined and her own character...a fully capable character that can more than keep up with Logan...

And I thought that during that issue Jean had a small smile or smirk on her face while she was in his head...
    She's a lot more passionate for sure. And Logan never tries to restrain her or manage her like Scott did. Even in the 70s when Jean first became Phoenix, Scott is constantly voicing his disapproval towards her and telling her he wants his sweet girl Jean back. Honestly, if that relationship was portrayed today, fans would be telling Jean to kick Scott to the curb and that she's outgrown him which even Ororo said to Scott back then.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    Agree with everything in this post. Certain characters have become a self-insert for a majority of writers and it shows in the books. Ugh.

I've become more and more fond of Logan/Jean's relationship as time has gone on. I believe he truly does love her, in MANY ways. I'd like to think Logan is why we've seen Jean designated as the go-to telepath in other books.

We saw Tony Stark talking to all the heroes about he reached out to Jean to monitor the psychic landscape (this was Amazing Spiderman, during the debut of the Thieves Guild).

I'd like to see both Logan and Jean on more adventures throughout the marvel universe. Jean meshes with other characters extremely well and I hate that she is currently consigned to the same old same old group.

Logan has an eclectic list of aquaintances and I'd like to see he and Jean explore that.
    I never used to be a Logan/Jean fan but that has drastically changed over the past few years. He really does seem far more respectful towards her than Scott ever has been and has a lot of admiration for her without repressing her. It's really surprising that in all these years of continuity and even with the boost from the movies, Logan and Jean have never been an official couple in the 616 universe.

That reminds me that even during Civil War II when it was just Teen Jean, Tony, Carol and the other prominent Marvel heroes reached out to Jean as their resident psychic. Which makes sense if you think about it because Jean has had a long history with the Avengers, Spider-Man, and the Fantastic Four since she's interacted with them since the 1960s and the X-Men were a lot more integrated back then with the rest of the Marvel Universe.

Bendis wanted Jean to be on the New Avengers with Wolverine but was denied to bring her back. I really wish Jean could get an opportunity to join the Avengers because not only do I not like the X-Men's current direction, but I think she really needs to branch out. It did wonders for Rogue letting her lead the Avengers and get away from the X-Men the past few years and while there were complaints then, I'm hearing a lot more complaints now about how she's been reduced to nothing with the X-Men again.

Jean herself has a lot of Marvel Universe ties. She was mentored by Sue Storm and friends with Wanda in First Class. Black Widow teamed up with Jean and Wanda in that First Class issue and modeled her classic black costume based on Jean's outfit. Captain America, Hercules, and Reed Richards praised Jean in Fantastic Four 286 for her heroism. Silver Surfer was meant to go after Dark Phoenix in the Dark Phoenix Saga in a separate story which never saw print apparently. Jean and Carol Danvers have so much in common especially with Claremont having worked on them both. Same with Jean and Jessica Drew. Jean was part of Jessica Jones' origin with her helping Jessica out after the Purple Man abused her. Jean also went to Metro College alongside Johnny Storm and Wyatt Wingfoot back in her Silver Age days.