Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I actually didn't think Gillen was inserting himself, unless he is harder on the characters he sees as himself, which is the way to do it if you're gonna do it. It's been a while since I read that though.
    Gillen actually wasn't as bad as the other writers I listed and I'll give him this that his book felt more like an ensemble book than before, but it was still basically Scott and his gang of villains: Magneto, Emma, Namor, etc. The same group we were saddled with in Fraction's X-Men run. I remember Jason Aaron's WATXM was such a refreshing palate cleanser after years of Cyclops and his Brotherhood of Mutants.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I never used to be a Logan/Jean fan but that has drastically changed over the past few years. He really does seem far more respectful towards her than Scott ever has been and has a lot of admiration for her without repressing her. It's really surprising that in all these years of continuity and even with the boost from the movies, Logan and Jean have never been an official couple in the 616 universe.

That reminds me that even during Civil War II when it was just Teen Jean, Tony, Carol and the other prominent Marvel heroes reached out to Jean as their resident psychic. Which makes sense if you think about it because Jean has had a long history with the Avengers, Spider-Man, and the Fantastic Four since she's interacted with them since the 1960s and the X-Men were a lot more integrated back then with the rest of the Marvel Universe.

Bendis wanted Jean to be on the New Avengers with Wolverine but was denied to bring her back. I really wish Jean could get an opportunity to join the Avengers because not only do I not like the X-Men's current direction, but I think she really needs to branch out. It did wonders for Rogue letting her lead the Avengers and get away from the X-Men the past few years and while there were complaints then, I'm hearing a lot more complaints now about how she's been reduced to nothing with the X-Men again.

Jean herself has a lot of Marvel Universe ties. She was mentored by Sue Storm and friends with Wanda in First Class. Black Widow teamed up with Jean and Wanda in that First Class issue and modeled her classic black costume based on Jean's outfit. Captain America, Hercules, and Reed Richards praised Jean in Fantastic Four 286 for her heroism. Silver Surfer was meant to go after Dark Phoenix in the Dark Phoenix Saga in a separate story which never saw print apparently. Jean and Carol Danvers have so much in common especially with Claremont having worked on them both. Same with Jean and Jessica Drew. Jean was part of Jessica Jones' origin with her helping Jessica out after the Purple Man abused her. Jean also went to Metro College alongside Johnny Storm and Wyatt Wingfoot back in her Silver Age days.
    Marvel pushed Scott and Jean so hard that they wouldn't allow Jean and Logan for so many years, and it's funny that a great many of those in the greater Marvel universe that Jean knows are also those that Logan knows and has a history with, true they could travel the globe together on one mission or adventure after another...there is that recent Spider-Man series that does have Logan and Jean together with a daughter and I've seen plenty of Scott fans that HATE it, partially because in the series Logan/Jean are together and happy...

I loved that series. Have always felt like Jean and Logan made a better couple than Jean and Scott. I actually prefer the latter with Emma Frost honestly.

Ultimate Member

I think that it'd be fun to see Logan and Jean go take a vacation to some cabin in the woods by a lake, just the two of them for some time off...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Marvel pushed Scott and Jean so hard that they wouldn't allow Jean and Logan for so many years, and it's funny that a great many of those in the greater Marvel universe that Jean knows are also those that Logan knows and has a history with, true they could travel the globe together on one mission or adventure after another...there is that recent Spider-Man series that does have Logan and Jean together with a daughter and I've seen plenty of Scott fans that HATE it, partially because in the series Logan/Jean are together and happy...
    hahah it is funny when the other shoe drop. The spider-man book wasn't even on continuity, it was like just some issues, scott wasn't even dead.
    Imagine if it was main continuity for 14 years and the character was dead?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    hahah it is funny when the other shoe drop. The spider-man book wasn't even on continuity, it was like just some issues, scott wasn't even dead.
    Imagine if it was main continuity for 14 years and the character was dead?
    And ironically enough, most of these same Scott fans hate Jean and talk about how their character improved when she was dead. So you would think they wouldn't care to have any hold on Jean but they still consider her his possession. Just like when Grand Design created a narrative that Jean lost her virginity to Ted Roberts and they freaked out about that.

I think that it'd be fun to see Logan and Jean go take a vacation to some cabin in the woods by a lake, just the two of them for some time off...
    X-Men Forever Annual 1 sorta portrayed that but with them at the beach instead of a cabin. The cabin is too much like Scott and Jean since that was what they did in the late 90s during the Kelly and Seagle run.

I loved seeing Logan and Jean together in Renew Your Vows and the daughter they had. And how well they got along with Peter and MJ as a couple.

Same. It definitely seemed like Jean made Logan a better person.

I will say that kate was pretty cute on renew your vows

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I loved that series. Have always felt like Jean and Logan made a better couple than Jean and Scott. I actually prefer the latter with Emma Frost honestly.
    This is all quality taste, my good sir. No reason it shouldn't be Jean+Logan and Emma+Scott. That's the most dynamic way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I will say that kate was pretty cute on renew your vows
    It took me forever to realize she was named after Kitty Pryde.

Ultimate Member

I think that when she's paired with Scott Jean is never viewed or portrayed as being his equal but rather his subordinate like everybody else, the cabin thing was more that it was a Logan kind of location a cabin in the Canadian woods not Alaska, more rustic than anyplace that they'd be expected to live, just a little alone time for them...yeah Jean always has made Logan a better guy when they're together, and she seems to relax and be herself when she's around him, she's not portrayed as the den mother of the X-Men...

I think that when she's paired with Scott Jean is never viewed or portrayed as being his equal but rather his subordinate like everybody else, the cabin thing was more that it was a Logan kind of location a cabin in the Canadian woods not Alaska, more rustic than anyplace that they'd be expected to live, just a little alone time for them...yeah Jean always has made Logan a better guy when they're together, and she seems to relax and be herself when she's around him, she's not portrayed as the den mother of the X-Men...
    That's pretty true for any female love interest Cyclops has had. They're robbed of their own agency and exist solely to service him as a character. I've never really seen that to be the case for Wolverine's love interests who always retain their individuality and they're never latched at the hip to Wolverine. A Canadian cabin sounds a lot better than an Alaskan one for sure. And I don't mind den mother Jean but she's much more than that and Wolverine has always seen that unlike Cyclops.

BANNED

Our lord and savior Ben Percy told Newsarama that Jean and Logan bring out the best in each other. I hope he aims to show why.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Our lord and savior Ben Percy told Newsarama that Jean and Logan bring out the best in each other. I hope he aims to show why.
    Well that's promising to hear. Is that a recent comment?