Incredible Member

Default Star Trek vs Star Trek.

First Battle: Nomad vs the DoomsDay device. Which destroys the other?

Second Battle: Neghelum vs an Organian. They must fight.

1st Fight: Nomad fires torpedoes into the DDD's opening and wins.

2nd Fight: Neggie exists in higher dimensional space, not upon a planet, so I would guess him to be the greater entity.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    1st Fight: Nomad fires torpedoes into the DDD's opening and wins.

2nd Fight: Neggie exists in higher dimensional space, not upon a planet, so I would guess him to be the greater entity.
    How would Nomad fare against a beam that can slice planets into bite-size chunks? One shot almost took out a Constitution class starship, it wouldn't have survived another.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    First Battle: Nomad vs the DoomsDay device. Which destroys the other?

Second Battle: Neghelum vs an Organian. They must fight.
    Nomad was presented as being very fast so unlikely the Doomsday Machine would hit it. But the question becomes: Would Nomad think of the solution of attacking the inside of the machine and would it have the firepower to do anything since it couldn't construct a bomb? This may be mutual destruction. Nomad has to go inside to damage it and starts firing but also gets hit in order to do it.

The Organians seemed to form a gestalt to do any of their most powerful stuff. Negelum was bigger but they were both clearly extra-dimensional beings. The sheer reach of the power of the Organians was vastly greater, affecting every weapon and ship of both humans and Klingons wherever they existed anywhere in the galaxy. I always got the impression that Negelum was in a ship of some kind that existed on a higher plane and that he was sort of the captain.

It's impossible to do anything but guess, of course. I actually was in a debate like this in real life once except it was Q vs. Negelum. This was back when Q only had two appearances. The other guy's argument was that Negelum was more powerful because he was on such a high level that he couldn't even understand concepts like death while Q must be closer to humans because he at least understands such things theoretically. I argued that this could just as easily prove that he's so advanced he can do things even Negelum cannot do and yet can comprehend mortal behavior sort of like we understand animal behavior better now than ever before.

One of my silly fantasies is to have Star Trek episodes that are all about these "all-powerful aliens" fighting each other.
    Power with Girl is better.