Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    While true, they also don't have his same record of getting beat up across this entire run like Thor does.
    I mean he does't really have that kind of record

Yeah, but you'd still expect about relatively equal treatment of the team instead of just having one member constantly prove to be ineffectual and get beat up on such a consistent basis.
    It's not like they're picking on Thor or anything. All the characters who have 1mill bc equivalents are being defeated one by one, Thor included. Those who are spared the beating are the ones without equivalents, since MK is claiming the powers to each one that does. And to accomplish that, he's required to beat them.

Maybe in the general sense Thor loses more often than he should, but in this particular context I don't think it's out of line given the story they are telling.

The only Marvel writers that hate Thor are the ones that write Thor
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    I mean he does't really have that kind of record
    I think if you look across multiple arcs you would find that most of the time Thor is either ineffectual or getting knocked around by the threat of the week, without getting to contribute much.
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's not like they're picking on Thor or anything. All the characters who have 1mill bc equivalents are being defeated one by one, Thor included. Those who are spared the beating are the ones without equivalents, since MK is claiming the powers to each one that does. And to accomplish that, he's required to beat them.

Maybe in the general sense Thor loses more often than he should, but in this particular context I don't think it's out of line given the story they are telling.
    Again, I'm talking about the entire run. It's not just the recent thing with Moon Knight that comes out of nowhere, I'm talking practically every fight Thor's been in with this run.

BANNED

I think if you look across multiple arcs you would find that most of the time Thor is either ineffectual or getting knocked around by the threat of the week, without getting to contribute much.

Again, I'm talking about the entire run. It's not just the recent thing with Moon Knight that comes out of nowhere, I'm talking practically every fight Thor's been in with this run.
    Who got to contribute that much then?
    The avengers as a collective seem ineffectual in this run.

Extraordinary Member

While true, they also don't have his same record of getting beat up across this entire run like Thor does.
    Exactly. Carol literally punched her way out of hell to protect the baby in this arc, and was finding starships and smacking Firelord around in the Starbrand story while Thor was trying to eat his teammates or just sitting around “brooding”.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    The only Marvel writers that hate Thor are the ones that write Thor
    LOL and Q4T.

Well said.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Exactly. Carol literally punched her way out of hell to protect the baby in this arc, and was finding starships and smacking Firelord around in the Starbrand story while Thor was trying to eat his teammates or just sitting around “brooding”.
    You do know that for decades carol barely got to contribute much positively to the teams she was in?
    Then thor has a rut for a few years, and carol starts getting a chance, which isn't even at his expense specifically.

Like goddamn yall gotta have patience and thicker skin. It's like talking to rich kid who has to eat mcdonalds instead of gourmet.

In the Ultimates book carol barely got to do much past the first issue. There was basically one giant montage fight and carol couldnt even beat her own enemy in Ultimates 2 3ish or something. Same goes for A-force. In all new wolverine 27 they literally brought her in to get knocked out after hyping her up. Hickman's avengers carol literally got to do nothing except get humiliated by hulk, while thor and hyperion get to go out in a blaze of epic glory.

For 2 years tops maybe she doesn't get consistently kicked to the side and gets to do something. Like in Empyre. **** I'm even disappoiinted she didn't get to save the sun despite getting promised it the past issue and I was waiting for it for 2 weeks, that being her specialty and all, but I'm not going to harp about it for months.

even then her characterization in the Avengers book is terrible so I can't even enjoy it
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 09-02-2020 at 08:42 PM.

You do know that for decades carol barely got to contribute much positively to the teams she was in?
    Then thor has a rut for a few years, and carol starts getting a chance, which isn't even at his expense specifically.

Like goddamn yall gotta have patience and thicker skin. It's like talking to rich kid who has to eat mcdonalds instead of gourmet.

In the Ultimates book carol barely got to do much past the first issue. There was basically one giant montage fight and carol couldnt even beat her own enemy in Ultimates 2 3ish or something. Same goes for A-force. In all new wolverine 27 they literally brought her in to get knocked out after hyping her up. Hickman's avengers carol literally got to do nothing except get humiliated by hulk, while thor and hyperion get to go out in a blaze of epic glory.

For 2 years tops maybe she doesn't get consistently kicked to the side and gets to do something. Like in Empyre. **** I'm even disappoiinted she didn't get to save the sun despite getting promised it the past issue and I was waiting for it for 2 weeks, that being her specialty and all, but I'm not going to harp about it for months.

even then her characterization in the Avengers book is terrible so I can't even enjoy it
    I'd rather not see any character job to be honest...

Extraordinary Member

Six years.

BANNED

Six years.
    He was unworthy for 6 years, yes, but he was still effective for most of them.
    Uncanny avengers, hickman's avengers, unworthy thor and so on.

It's mainly the 2017ish on did he really become more so ineffective, like with cho-hulk and onwards.

but people have been complaining about thor jobbing since a decade ago now

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...592287/?page=1
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 09-03-2020 at 04:24 AM.

Extraordinary Member

He was unworthy for 6 years, yes, but he was still effective for most of them.
    Uncanny avengers, hickman's avengers, unworthy thor and so on.

It's mainly the 2017ish on did he really become more so ineffective, like with cho-hulk and onwards.

but people have been complaining about thor jobbing since a decade ago now

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...592287/?page=1
    All of these complaints seem reasonable.

The Red Hulk fight was complete crap.

Yes, Thor won the War of the Realms. But then it was back to more of the same.

One heartbeat in a long flatline might mean you’re not dead, but it doesn’t mean you’re healthy either.

BANNED

All of these complaints seem reasonable.

The Red Hulk fight was complete crap.

Yes, Thor won the War of the Realms. But then it was back to more of the same.

One heartbeat in a long flatline might mean you’re not dead, but it doesn’t mean you’re healthy either.
    Red Hulk has a unique power that allowed him to leech off energy from others. That's how he beat the watcher (way above thor) and Silver surfer (thors peer). (Of course now he can't use that power because it poses an extreme risk of him losing himself completely)

He had a good showing in empyre too which is recent.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I'll take this kind of "hate" any day. Told you, it's just a matter of time before someone restores Thor to where he belongs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'll take this kind of "hate" any day. Told you, it's just a matter of time before someone restores Thor to where he belongs.
    That's FAR above where he belongs and random power feats (especially ones that everyone knows won't last without being retconned, but hey that's happened to Galactus numerous times in the past few years because continuity just doesn't matter anymore) in no way equate with proper treatment of characters as characters. Cates' Thor is an absolute prick and far from the hero he's been for the vast majority of his 50+ years as a character in Marvel. I'd take my favorite character being written in character any day over them destroying planets or beating someone well above their pay grade or whatnot.