Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Who is that? Titania?
    Yeah. Funny thing though, I've seen her fight She-Hulk a bunch of times and I've never seen her give She-Hulk a girl-power pass.

Thanks. I was confused bc the costume looked familiar but the Titania I know is a blonde, not a brunette. Is this a new one?

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thanks. I was confused bc the costume looked familiar but the Titania I know is a blonde, not a brunette. Is this a new one?
    Titania has always been a fiery redhead.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    This is just one page... though that said I think this page from Thor #5 (2015) surely sums up Aaron’s approach to feminism in comics:

Aaron is one of the writers that need to stay off of Twitter. Rosenberg and Taylor never did anything like this.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Titania has always been a fiery redhead.
    really bc the Titania I know was a blonde

That last picture isn't actually her.

The other two it just seems like the colorist went with a lighter shade, but I can see where you'd think she was supposed to be blonde.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    That last picture isn't actually her.

The other two it just seems like the colorist went with a lighter shade, but I can see where you'd think she was supposed to be blonde.
    Her official Marvel stats say she is a strawberry blonde which falls in line with those photos. Definitely not this brunette/red head in the Thor image. Jean Grey or Mary Jane Watson are whom Id describe as fiery red heads, not Titania

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Aaron is one of the writers that need to stay off of Twitter. Rosenberg and Taylor never did anything like this.
    Rosenberg Who?

Dat ass tho.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Yeah. Funny thing though, I've seen her fight She-Hulk a bunch of times and I've never seen her give She-Hulk a girl-power pass.
    She specifically states it will be a one time thing and it won't happen the next time they meet. Also, Titania doesn't hate Jane nearly as much as she hates She-Hulk.

I've always thought Titania was red haired.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    She specifically states it will be a one time thing and it won't happen the next time they meet. Also, Titania doesn't hate Jane nearly as much as she hates She-Hulk.
    It was still rubbish writing for that character

Completely against her established type

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post

Exactly. Titania and Crusher Creel are written much better in Immortal Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post

Not necessarily. She's been known to have a few nice moments here and there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Not necessarily. She's been known to have a few nice moments here and there.
    But never about proving she's the toughest one atound

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    One of the things that I never understood is how Thor and Odin came to despise each other under Fraction? There were times that Odin was stern and heavy handed, sure. But disrespectful and even combative? Hmmmm...
    This became a staple under Fraction for no reason at all, really. Aaron took it to the nth level. If he doesn't, his general storyline doesn't really work. If Odin was actually wise and fatherly (even if very strict at times) and Thor was actually respectful of Odin (even if strong-headed), the whole storyline falls apart when Thor and Odin simply figure out what was going on early on.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    That’s true I think.

My “bias” is that using team powerhouses to make newbies look good happens more than equivalent treatment being dished out to other top tier characters.

By that I mean none of us would be that surprised to see Thor taken out quickly by some new random strong guy..but I think most of us would be surprised to see Dr Strange quickly taken out by a new human magician,mr Fantastic “out scienced” by a newbie, etc, etc
    Yeah, the story-telling device isn't all that new but it's used on Thor far more than other characters IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Thor needs to be shown as clever and noble more than beating one hero after another senselessly.
    True. His nobility is the biggest loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Definitely agree on Fraction and Aaron's poor characterization of Thor. Both writers started the trend of Thor being written as an arrogant, pompous braggart rather than the stoic and noble protector Thor was portrayed as prior to these two writers. That portrayal kept me away from Thor comics along with Jane taking over as Thor.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Yup. This was nicely done in an old issue of Defenders where Thor and Hulk were deadlocked for an hour.
    The very best Thor/Hulk fight ever, IMHO!