Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Post deleted
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cronus; 06-11-2020 at 10:58 PM.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

From Hulk vs Hercules, When Titans Collide.

20200609_100432.jpg

And

20200609_100406.jpg
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    From Hulk vs Hercules, When Titans Collide.

20200609_100432.jpg

And

20200609_100406.jpg
    Good find.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Remember when Shulkie brutalized Ulik when he said that Thor is a birthname and not a superhero title?
    Or She-Hulk going "Hulk hates trolls" or something to that effect.

Good find.
    I dont think long time Thor fans question who Thor really is, noble, regal, a person of honor. But why Thor is the way he is, what in his early life shaped him to become the hero we all know and love, I always felt could use some more substance.

What better story than the one born of family trauma? Gaea provides an untold wealth that not only could erase horrific showings of Thor (for power freaks like me), but help Thor fans draw closer to Thor via child hood trauma, tragedy (??) ...maybe even a critical crossroads he faced as a younger one, and despite the odds...he chooses the right thing and...all this explains his affinity and protectiveness for Midgard.

Donny, if you're listening, love what you're doing with Thor...getting drunk on Thors power. But, a Thor child hood story involving some shenanigans with Gaea...love to see it. Lots to explore and work with there.

Edit, maybe explore these new powers that appear to indicate something Thor inherited from Gaea, that Stracynski touched on.
    Last edited by Cronus; 06-09-2020 at 07:27 PM.
    ----------------------

I dont think long time Thor fans question who Thor really is, noble, regal, a person of honor. But why Thor is the way he is, what in his early life shaped him to become the hero we all know and love, I always felt could use some more substance.

What better story than the one born of family trauma? Gaea provides an untold wealth that not only could erase horrific showings of Thor (for power freaks like me), but help Thor fans draw closer to Thor via child hood trauma, tragedy (??) ...maybe even a critical crossroads he faced as a younger one, and despite the odds...he chooses the right thing and...all this explains his affinity and protectiveness for Midgard.

Donny, if you're listening, love what you're doing with Thor...getting drunk on Thors power. But, a Thor child hood story involving some shenanigans with Gaea...love to see it. Lots to explore and work with there.

Edit, maybe explore these new powers that appear to indicate something Thor inherited from Gaea, that Stracynski touched on.
    Do comic writers read CBR forum posts?
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Some do. Kurt Busiek apparently does here. Dan Slott was on comic vine a few years back.
    ----------------------

Thor fans be like...

20200611_222035.jpg
    ----------------------

Some do. Kurt Busiek apparently does here. Dan Slott was on comic vine a few years back.
    I heard Gerry Duggan used to make fun of Richard Rider fans here.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I suspect it's more a case of Aaron being ticked off with Thor's core fanbase than actually hating the character. That fact that Jane is the Thor Aaron's bonded to does mean that he's not going to want OG Thor to shine too bright in case he steals some of Jane's thunder, though.
    It's surprising how much affection he has for Jane given than the average Marvel Writer since the Quesada era cares more about getting a Hollywood or Netflix contract than the characters he or she is writing.

BANNED

It's surprising how much affection he has for Jane given than the average Marvel Writer since the Quesada era cares more about getting a Hollywood or Netflix contract than the characters he or she is writing.
    hes almost certainly getting a writing credit in the thor love and thunder movie

Spectacular Member

Oh FFS that's gonna be a disaster

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxton View Post
    Oh FFS that's gonna be a disaster
    For me the MCU died with Endgame.

For me the MCU died with Endgame.
    Yes. All the ones after this one have been terrible.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

I heard Gerry Duggan used to make fun of Richard Rider fans here.
    I hate to see that kind of thing. Funny to think that writers used to be more diplomatic and willing to listen to fans point of view.
    ----------------------