Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    The Thor you guys seem to want doesn't sound very interesting to me. Kinda just seems like you don't want him to have any significant character flaws and to never be anything less than successful.
    Actually, this notion is not far from the Thor Stan envisioned. Thor was a departure from the previous characters utilizing the "feet made of clay" formula. Thor was Stans first Cape at Marvel and subtle competition to Superman. As far as success, do you think Thors rogue gallery is insufficient to challenge Thor? Desak, Mangog, The Enchanters (woefully underused), The Absorbing Man, Kurse? Hmmmm. What I'd like to see is Thor returned to form.

Kind of sounds like you're happy with Thor being depicted as a drunken moron who is now weaker than Shulk. Because that's not really my idea of a Thor I want to read either.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

I wonder why Hulk fans are crashing this now? Hmmm....
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

You missed him being owned by Rachel Grey as well as Emma Frost

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    I wonder why Hulk fans are crashing this now? Hmmm....
    Don't know what you're trying to imply here. All that's being discussed (from what I can tell) is that Hulk shouldn't be slighted in favor of Thor. Obviously Thor is more "powerful" due to his wide array of powers and techniques.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You missed him being owned by Rachel Grey as well as Emma Frost
    It's not like Thor has some mystical immunity to telephathy. His "godliness" makes him mentally tough, but the precedent was set way back when by Moondragon mind controlling him. Now I would say Heather is probably a stronger telepath than either Rachel or Emma, but not so much that it was her power level alone doing it.

Contrast that to when Rachel as Phoenix attacked him with TK, and Thor was like, go away little girl.

I think I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I think you're more interested in the memory of those eras than the substance.
    Are you assuming that people nostalgic for those eras ignore a lack of actual substance in those eras? I don't think that's true for Simonson.

BANNED

I hate thor

pee ur pants thor
    pee ur pants

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Don't know what you're trying to imply here. All that's being discussed (from what I can tell) is that Hulk shouldn't be slighted in favor of Thor.
    Okay. Explain please how Hulk being equal to Thor in strength is a slight to Hulk? This was the norm at one point in time, soooo...

?

Obviously Thor is more "powerful" due to his wide array of powers and techniques.
    Oddly, (or not so oddly), when Thor and Hulk used to fight in the early days, Thor usually fought Hulk without utilizing his esoteric powers. It was a physical brawl. So, yeah. That much is true.

I'll reassert: there is no slight to Hulk by Thor being equal to Hulk in strength at his angriest. This is post warp core Hulk, with all his power ups intact. Again, explain why Thor being equal to Hulk in strength, at that level, is a slap in the face to Hulk?
    ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    It's not like Thor has some mystical immunity to telephathy. His "godliness" makes him mentally tough, but the precedent was set way back when by Moondragon mind controlling him. Now I would say Heather is probably a stronger telepath than either Rachel or Emma, but not so much that it was her power level alone doing it.

Contrast that to when Rachel as Phoenix attacked him with TK, and Thor was like, go away little girl.
    They didnt beat him with telepathy

BANNED

anyway, with the whole hulk vs thor thing it's a pretty complex situation

first thing off the bat, thor always has the godblast. That thing would mess up nearly any hulk
    You have the warrior madness thor, but then hulk also has a habit of holding back because of his bruce banner side. We saw this with the mindless hulk, and in Heart of Monster where bruce stopped holding back completely (though that was after he absorbed energy out the warp core and had reached new levels of power)

Hulk/Thor have also had many fights in the past where they've in their default state been more than a match for each other (and I remember one particular fight where thor/hulk nearly destroyed a city because they got so caught up in that fight), so it's not like thor was significantly stronger or hulk was significantly stronger

Yeah you have the belt, but then why not give hulk a big dose of gamma?

Thor can become a skyfather eventually or even the rune king, but now hulk can become cosmic level because of TOBA

They more or less seem even at all levels.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    I think Aaron has daddy issues that he's channeling through comics. Wolverine became suddenly concerned with his father being a jerk in Aaron's run. Odin has been damaged beyond repair and now Howard Stark, Iron Man's dad is a satanist and a minion of Mephisto.
    It used to be that most heroes had a male parent who was dead. If you were any kind of father figure to a super hero toy we’re almost certainly bound for an early grave. Gail Simone can talk about girlfriends in refrigerators, but check the freezer and you will likely find someone’s father as well.

Now it’s worse. If you’re not killed of as a tragedy inducing plot device, you’re twisted into an Anakin Solo rip-off.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    you’re twisted into an Anakin Solo rip-off.
    Who is that?

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Who is that?
    A character from the old Expanded Universe of Star Wars.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They didnt beat him with telepathy
    Avengers vs X-Men was written by Bendis who Couldn't care less how powerful characters are supposed to be.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.