Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Avengers vs X-Men was written by Bendis who Couldn't care less how powerful characters are supposed to be.
    Jason Aaron is the one that wrote Rachel beating Thor, not Bendis. Kaare Andrews wrote his defeat by Emma

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jason Aaron is the one that wrote Rachel beating Thor, not Bendis.
    My point still stands. Jason Aaron is Bendis 2.0 pretty much.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Actually, this notion is not far from the Thor Stan envisioned. Thor was a departure from the previous characters utilizing the "feet made of clay" formula. Thor was Stans first Cape at Marvel and subtle competition to Superman. As far as success, do you think Thors rogue gallery is insufficient to challenge Thor? Desak, Mangog, The Enchanters (woefully underused), The Absorbing Man, Kurse? Hmmmm. What I'd like to see is Thor returned to form.

Kind of sounds like you're happy with Thor being depicted as a drunken moron who is now weaker than Shulk. Because that's not really my idea of a Thor I want to read either.
    Mangog is woefully underused. I would also add the Destroyer Armor, Jormungand, Surtur and Durok the Demolisher as challenging Thor villains.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Mangog is woefully underused. I would also add the Destroyer Armor, Jormungand, Surtur and Durok the Demolisher as challenging Thor villains.
    Absolutely, further cementing Thor's formidable rogues gallery.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Ultimate Member

I feel like the classic Simonson run pretty much exhausted the potential of Surtr and Jormungandr (while introducing Malekith and Kurse, IIRC). I'm pretty cool with Surtr being succeeded by Sindr, and wouldn't mind seeing her developed further, but Jormungandr definitely needs some sort of follow up (spawn erupting from his remains, and now competing for which of them gets to become the new 'midgard serpent?'), as do older classic Thor foes like Fenris/Garm or Ulik, king of the trolls.

New villains could be crafted from the old mythos as well. There's no need for Hela, for instance, to show up for every punch-fest, when a simple sorcerer-priest or cult of Hela (perhaps recruited during her time on Earth, in Vegas?), able to summon legions of the dead, and use various darker magics and invocations (like 'the Lies of Loki,' an illusion spell that creates a bunch of illusions of themself, or 'Sindr's Sword,' a giant flaming sword attacking their foes) could be a different sort of threat. Or the dragon Fafnir, slain long ago and one of his fangs used to craft the original Valkyrie's sword, could be resurrected by someone who has stolen said sword and used it to fuel a spell to regrow his body and restore his threat.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 03-11-2020 at 08:45 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Who is that?
    Currently I would say Howard Stark.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You missed him being owned by Rachel Grey as well as Emma Frost
    Phoenix enhanced Frost.

Ah the good old days when he blasted Rachel right out of her spiked red leather boots and kissed Storm into unconsciousness...
    Last edited by brettc1; 03-12-2020 at 02:11 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Phoenix enhanced Frost.

Ah the good old days when he blasted Rachel right out of her spiked red leather boots and kissed Storm into unconsciousness...
    Thor and Storm would make a good ship.

BANNED

Thor and Storm would make a good ship.
    I never understood why Marvel NEVER made this happen or had them interact more often.

In fact Storm and Thor have BARELY even talk to each other. I can only think of 3 interactions.

My point still stands. Jason Aaron is Bendis 2.0 pretty much.
    Really? Yikes.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 03-12-2020 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I never understood why Marvel NEVER made this happen or had them interact more often.

In fact Storm and Thor have BARELY even talk to each other. I can only think of 3 interactions.

I mean he seems to be doing well for Thor as of right now. I don't see how Jason Aaron is shitting on Thor currently.
    I would love to see them work together more often.

And I prefer what Cates has going on for Thor currently in his run than what Aaron was doing, but then I haven't been keeping up with Avengers lately either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    I would love to see them work together more often.

And I prefer what Cates has going on for Thor currently in his run than what Aaron was doing, but then I haven't been keeping up with Avengers lately either.
    I rather Storm and Thor work MORE together also. I think the adventures and conversations they'd have would be "Interesting" in fact comical.

Yes, Cates seems to be doing better actually he is better than Aaron. In Avengers Thor does not seem to be......Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I rather Storm and Thor work MORE together also. I think the adventures and conversations they'd have would be "Interesting" in fact comical.

Yes, Cates seems to be doing better actually he is better than Aaron. In Avengers Thor does not seem to be......Interesting.
    I remember this moment.

tumblr_m1926lXBbR1rs9sdro1_500.jpg

BANNED

that's not canon to 616
    it was from marvel adventures

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    That was Stans original vision for Thor. Like Stan mentions in Origins of Marvel Comics, "...we were hooked on superlatives at the time". I happen to agree with that view. Not everyone, including writers, agree with that perspective, but I do. Evidently, so does Kevin Grevioux.

I find this an odd notion. Hulk at his angriest...is as strong as a god...and likely among the strongest in the entire marvel universe....and this is an affront to Hulk fans? I dont see it as being problematic. Prior to De Falco, Thor and Hulk were seen as two of the BMOCs at Marvel, so why a return to this is a slight for Hulk is beyond me.

Equal by definition doesn't equate to exclusivity.
    To be fair, Hulk fans went through a similar dork age with Jeph Loeb's run on Hulk: The main character gets regressed into a more stupid individual and becomes a side character of his own series (Thor becoming a jobber and a drunken slob/Hulk suddenly being regressed to his old ''hulk smash'' persona) while the spotlights are on the writer's god mode sue character who stomps powerful characters left and right without issues, even characters that should be more powerful than him (Jane Fosthor/Red Hulk).

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    that's not canon to 616
    it was from marvel adventures
    Still cute though.