Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

I'm not sure I care for how Tynion characterizes Joker.

Emma was right

The only reason Punchline exists is for the Joker to look more straight the next time he will declare his love for Batman, lol. Seriously speaking, they framed her as a person with a serious and cold character, so why did she put herself in a relationships with Joker? I honestly don’t see how someone like her can be attracted by someone like Joker.
    Last edited by Gamall; 06-02-2020 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    The only reason Punchline exists is for the Joker to look more straight the next time he will declare his love for Batman, lol. Seriously speaking, they framed her as a person with a serious and cold character, so why did she put herself in a relationships with Joker? I honestly don’t see how someone like her can be attracted by someone like Joker.
    Tynion implies the Jokers ideology radicalises her

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Tynion implies the Jokers ideology radicalises her
    Yeah, unlike Harley who seemed to have some misplaced vision of the Joker in her head. Punchline seems agree with The Joker’s general world view.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I think the thing is, too many people are going "Their making another Harley Quinn" without actually considering what they mean. Cause this isnt the "Harley Quinn as a 50+ issue solo character etc" this is more "Harley Quinn as a sidekick, with no intention of expanding" which imo, is a fine move.
    That's how I kind of saw it personally. Will we ever see a Punchline series....well I suppose that depends on the popularity of the character, though I'd expect something more of a one-shot because almost every villain gets those. But I expect all Punchline to be is Joker's new head henchman, someone that he will send to do his dirty work while he is busy.

I kind of see it similar to that episode of The Batman where when Joker finds out Batman has a sidekick he goes out and gets his own Robin, I think he calls him Jester. It's that age old trope of if the hero has a family then the villain needs one to.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Great, so already characterizing Punchline as being insecure and jealous of HQ.

Saw that one coming although I would have preferred that to not be a thing. It’s just so predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post

Saw that one coming although I would have preferred that to not be a thing. It’s just so predictable.
    Its an oldie but a goodie. Plus this relationship isnt stable, its based off of a homicidal lunatic.

Maybe theres a twist where its reveal its personnel Harley did something to Punchline in the past, directly or indirectly.

We’re you expecting her to be an emotionally stable homicidal sociopath??

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    We’re you expecting her to be an emotionally stable homicidal sociopath??
    No, I just would’ve preferred her to not be insecure because of Harley and not particularly care if she exists. Maybe see Harley as beneath her, and nothing more.

Interesting. Thanks for the information.