Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Yep it is live action.
    Certain there will be a real Batsuit since they usually do pretty accurate costumes for the shows I've seen [Tiger and Bunny for example]

I believe these are better [in Quality] Higher budget than the stage shows for kids and nope it's unlikely western audiences will be able to see it unless someone uploads a fan video to Youtube or Crunchy Roll which also broke the news airs it.

https://twitter.com/batmanninja2018

https://soranews24.com/2020/02/21/ba...-joker-daimyo/
    Thanks for the info, shame we won't see it.
    And damn I want that kunai.

Punchline is Harley Quinn for the weeb crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Punchline is Harley Quinn for the weeb crowd.
    What do you mean by that?

Harley's popularity was organic and surprising. No one ever expected her to blow up like she did. At every stage of her development fans embraced her and she continued to ride the wave to increasing levels of popularity.
    I'm skeptical they can catch lightning in a bottle twice this way.
    I am interested in her role as Joker's new girlfriend/sidekick. It's an interesting idea to give Joker a new Harley, basically. Time will tell if she works or not.
    I'm kind of blah on her character design though.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Harley's popularity was organic and surprising. No one ever expected her to blow up like she did. At every stage of her development fans embraced her and she continued to ride the wave to increasing levels of popularity.
    I'm skeptical they can catch lightning in a bottle twice this way.
    I am interested in her role as Joker's new girlfriend/sidekick. It's an interesting idea to give Joker a new Harley, basically. Time will tell if she works or not.
    I'm kind of blah on her character design though.
    This. That is what happens when you consistently use someone.

Astonishing Member

Harley worked by starting off in a cartoon as she is, they didn't broadcast her as "Joker's girlfriend" and she wasn't filling a niche held by another character. That's going to hurt Punchline if DC looks like they're more interested in marketing than making an interesting character.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Harley worked by starting off in a cartoon as she is, they didn't broadcast her as "Joker's girlfriend" and she wasn't filling a niche held by another character. That's going to hurt Punchline if DC looks like they're more interested in marketing than making an interesting character.
    I'm sure Tynion put more thought into her then that, but that does seem to be what DC is banking on in marketing her.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

People seem to like the design, and if characters like Doomsday, Giganta and to a lesser degree venom have taught us anything it's that a cool design can take a character along way.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    People seem to like the design, and if characters like Doomsday, Giganta and to a lesser degree venom have taught us anything it's that a cool design can take a character along way.
    The Boba Fett effect.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Maybe the time will prove I'm wrong, but yesterday I glanced the Harley Quinn title and it seems to me that she lost part of her charm becoming an anti-hero: she isn't no more the bad girl her fans thought she was (at least the fans that I know), because she is become a good girl who pretend to be bad. So if my interpretation of the character is right and if Tynion will do what I think he wants to do with Punchline: to create a character in some way similar to the Harley Quinn of the Talltales games (who was totally evil), then I think there is an high probability she will catch on and maybe she might become more popular than Harley herself.

Looking at a preview for her upcoming fight with Harley...she does seem a little too serious to be working with The Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looking at a preview for her upcoming fight with Harley...she does seem a little too serious to be working with The Joker.
    Hey every comedian needs a straight (wo)man!

And Tynion talked about her role in his newsletter. Basically something he’s missed over the years is the villains having people to play off of besides the heroes. It’s why he used Mercy in Hell Arisen and why he’s created Punchline. She’s meant to be a foil for the Joker, so we’ll see if that translates into her being the sadistic straight laced sidekick or something else. Joker has gone as a solo act since Morrison so it’s kind of interesting to go back to Joker running a gang with henchmen.

Amazing Member

I am surprised they didn't conjure up another Harley in the more classic mold to tie in to the 3 Jokers storyline. Guess they didn't want to have their cake and eat it too!

Astonishing Member

I'm sure Tynion put more thought into her then that, but that does seem to be what DC is banking on in marketing her.
    The marketing is undermining him, which is sad to see.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

I am not sure about that: often the contrast between two characters, who are opposite from some points of view and similar/complementary form others, makes both of them greater. That is what happened with Batman and Catwoman and if Tynion will play well his cards, it can happens also with Joker and Punchline. The Telltale did something similar in the end of their last game (I'm talking about the "Ever have I never" scene) about Batman and the interaction between the usual crazy and sadistic Joker we know (well almost), with a more mature, serious and totally evil Harley worked perfectly (even if in that game Harley was the leading character of the two); at least in my opinion.