Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Well, I can't deny she's a looker .
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Whatever happened to jokers daughter?
    Probably better left unsaid...

Honestly I think she has some potential longevity, I mean definitely more then the Designer who is way to busy. Her design is pretty simple and honestly her story works better to. It’s pretty easy to work with the story of Harley and Joker split so Joker got himself a brand new assistant, one who shares his more sociopathic tendencies.

I can’t say she will ever have her own ongoing, mini-series, or personal story arc but I can see her sticking around in the Batfamily of comics for a while and maybe even occasionally parts of the dc universe. Maybe even a good Harley Quinn villain. This is all supposing that she’s written well.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Seems like a crappy attempt at creating another Harley Quinn. I know Harely is popular, but I've had my fill of Joker rip offs.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Seems like a crappy attempt at creating another Harley Quinn. I know Harely is popular, but I've had my fill of Joker rip offs.
    Agreed. Boring and unoriginal. Just decide to create a new Joker girlfriend, really? After the impact of HQ I think the "Joker girlfriend" role can't be done again.

Extraordinary Member

Joker’s new gun moll feels like it could work to me, in contrast to Joker’s new girlfriend.

Harley was initially conceived of as and worked as a kind of comedic Greek chorus henchgirl as part of Joker’s routine, before being expanded into an actual character.

Punchline has an avenue towards success as a strictly intimidating enforcer; arguably, she’s a character who could easily do the kinds of things that some Harley fans called foul on (like blowing up a host pitas or orphanage, whichever it was that happened right before her own book launched that seemed to miss the beat that her story was starting to follow.)

For comparison’s sake... the Harley vs Mercy fight in the old DCAU gained a comedic edge because they were two very different types of molls. Punchline could be a very Mercy-like as Joker’s enforcer - less contrast, more emulation.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I wish she wasn't so anti Harley Quinn if she had some of Harley's qualities and independence I could see the character sticking around but unfortunately I see the character going the same way as Joker's daughter once no one ie (tynion and other writers) have the need to use the Joker anymore. She is gonna disappear in the same way
    Harley also suffered like this in comic book limbo before she really blew up big in 2011

I like her design but a nice look is not what makes a character interesting and if all she is just filling the void Harley, Flame Dupree or Gaggy left but in a completely different manner as a completely violent and psychotic #2 there's not much there.

Of course there's also gonna be the unfortunate undertone of whitewashing the Joker if they are actually in a relationship. I mean is he abusing Harley because she was just dumb or failed him and he just won't do this to punchline who appears to be a lot younger than Harley.
    Oh look the preview is out now for Batman #93 give her the roman reigns super push
    https://www.newsarama.com/50355-punc...irst-look.html

Some more information about Punchline's origin. Seems very intriguing if you ask me.

spoilers:
    In the world we’re living in right now, we’re seeing a lot of young people who get radicalized to really dangerous ideologies online,” says Tynion in a chat about Punchline’s origin story in The Joker 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular (available June 10). “Imagine a world in which the Joker exists and [the] people out there who think that the Joker’s brand of chaos actually does reveal the insanity of how the world is built,” he continues. “…people who would really attach themselves to that ideology and what it would twist them into and how that would affect the people in their lives as they are lost to this very dangerous ideology that doesn’t add up. The story reveals Punchline as a terrifying reflection of some very real world circumstances. But, of course, she’s also a comic book character inhabiting a developed, lived-in universe.
    end of spoilers

Interesting, more depth than I was kind of expecting from the concept really. I mean execution is everything, but the premise is something we haven't seen.

With that kind of concept I’d expect her to be a Titans or Young Justice villain over a Batman villain.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Punchline preview with some dialogue

spoilers:
    punchline1.jpgpunchline2.jpgpunchline3.jpg
    end of spoilers

Part 2 of preview

spoilers:
    punchline4.jpgpunchline5.jpgpunchline6.jpg
    end of spoilers

Part 3

spoilers:
    punchline7.jpgpunchline8.jpg
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Part 3

spoilers:
    punchline7.jpgpunchline8.jpg
    end of spoilers
    Thanks!

Two little things: One, it's possible to attach up to three pictures (whatever) to a single post, so no need to send in several. For another, I really like when a link to the original source is included.

ETA: Posted too early, you did indeed include three different attachments per post!
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Thanks!

Two little things: One, it's possible to attach up to three pictures (whatever) to a single post, so no need to send in several. For another, I really like when a link to the original source is included.

ETA: Posted too early, you did indeed include three different attachments per post!
    It's 8 different pictures so had to be 3 different posts.

And the source is an DC's Instagram story. Don't know hwo to link to that

I think the thing is, too many people are going "Their making another Harley Quinn" without actually considering what they mean. Cause this isnt the "Harley Quinn as a 50+ issue solo character etc" this is more "Harley Quinn as a sidekick, with no intention of expanding" which imo, is a fine move.