Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

We can't just look at floppies anymore. That's now just one slice of the sales pie. The biggest slice, but not the only one. Trade and digital and Scholastic and YA OGN's and all kinds of other formats are viable and most are seeing quality success and sales.

Honestly, I think the direct market floppy sales, while still the biggest slice of pie, is quickly becoming the least important. Most of us are still Wednesday Warriors, but the tide is changing; some titles that sell poorly in the direct market are being kept alive and healthy in other formats and I think that trend is only going to continue.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Punchline seems okay so far. I think the hype outside the comics is a little off the rails, but within the books the introduction is going fine. I like her look and colors but I'm not sure her costume design is where I'd settle with it - Harley's OG costume came out so fully formed and iconic. So did Joker's, arguably. But I do like how lo-fi her look is
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I like her appearance too and clown ninja appearance.

I hope that is a successful character.. I am tired to see Harley everywhere as if everyone loves her.

At least if she is lucky and sucessful as character.. The next Joker appearances will not Force harley to appear..
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-06-2020 at 01:25 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I like her appearance too and clown ninja appearance.

I hope that is a successful character.. I am tired to see Harley everywhere as if everyone loves her.

At least if she is lucky and sucessful as character.. The next Joker appearances will not Force harley to appear..
    That’s another thing batman ninja is getting a show it was that popular so her timing is good

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    That’s another thing batman ninja is getting a show it was that popular so her timing is good
    Really? Huh. Though my only real criticism of that was how Damian was portrayed when not interacting with the monkeys.

Will it be Japanese with English dubbing though? That's my main question. Not a deal breaker at all, just curious.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post

Yeah, but is that due to the quality of the story being told, or is it due to speculation?
    This- My store NEVER runs out of Batman books. Guess what that book NEVER made it to the shelf.

Batman normally has a large pile of unsold books. Only other DC book to do that was Naomi 1-4 and Supergirl #13 9and we all know why that happened).

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Is there a source anywhere for this? Batman Ninja was two years ago and this is the first I'm hearing of any possible show. Not saying it won't or can't happen, I just want to know where this speculation is coming from.

I really had a blast with that movie, real fun.

So I read James' new newsletter, and I don't know how to feel about it about it. On one hand James admitted he stirred up the momentum for Punchline in her newsletters by calling her Harley Quinn's polar opposite, and name dropping her appearances before Joker War. But on the other hand in that same newsletter he revealed that her origin story is being published in the Joker 80th Anniversary book, and apparently a component of that arc will be a character named Clownkiller, while referencing what his first appearance will be as well.

Is Jame's trying to make a Joker's family or something? After Dark Knight Metal, The Batman Who Laughs and Year of The Villain, I wonder how long it'll be before readership tires of characters related to Joker.

What I think it may come down to is whether or not other writers use Punchline in the future, or if she'll be used exclusively in James' run.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

I’m leaning towards yes.

I like this cover with Punchline:

Batman-94-cover-B-Punchline-Joker.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    So I read James' new newsletter, and I don't know how to feel about it about it. On one hand James admitted he stirred up the momentum for Punchline in her newsletters by calling her Harley Quinn's polar opposite, and name dropping her appearances before Joker War. But on the other hand in that same newsletter he revealed that her origin story is being published in the Joker 80th Anniversary book, and apparently a component of that arc will be a character named Clownkiller, while referencing what his first appearance will be as well.

Is Jame's trying to make a Joker's family or something? After Dark Knight Metal, The Batman Who Laughs and Year of The Villain, I wonder how long it'll be before readership tires of characters related to Joker.

What I think it may come down to is whether or not other writers use Punchline in the future, or if she'll be used exclusively in James' run.
    Well, Tynion is a big Batfamily guy, so maybe he wants to apply that to Batman's nemesis too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Tynion is a big Batfamily guy, so maybe he wants to apply that to Batman's nemesis too.
    That does not sound like a good idea to me. But who knows, could turn out really popular. I've never been good at telling what concepts will take off or not.

I'm going to be honest - as long as it's small and not pushed super hard, I'm not against a Joker family. Joker sees himself as Batman's opposite. After getting punched enough by Robin, Nightwing, and Batgirl he could think what's good for the Bat is good for the Joker.

But I'd want it to be a very slow, natural build up and be very small.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Is there a source anywhere for this? Batman Ninja was two years ago and this is the first I'm hearing of any possible show. Not saying it won't or can't happen, I just want to know where this speculation is coming from.

I really had a blast with that movie, real fun.
    I saw WB Japan promo poster for the show on twitter.

It's a stage show by the way and all the dates advertised were for Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'm going to be honest - as long as it's small and not pushed super hard, I'm not against a Joker family. Joker sees himself as Batman's opposite. After getting punched enough by Robin, Nightwing, and Batgirl he could think what's good for the Bat is good for the Joker.

But I'd want it to be a very slow, natural build up and be very small.
    I'm tired of the Joker anyway, so I certainly don't want more Joker or Joker-adjacent stories.