Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mike Tyson vs Ivan Drago

Mike Tyson (this world) vs Ivan Drago (Rocky).

* Boxing match, standard boxing rules.

* Both fighters in prime.

* Arena is in Switzerland (neutral ground).

If this is a stomp/victory for Drago, then Tyson gets a rematch, before which he absorbs all the skills and reflexes of Muhammed Ali (Cassius Clay) while also retaining his own.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 03-03-2020 at 09:47 AM.

Drago hits about 8x harder than people who were kind of in Tyson’s league like Frank Bruno according to this. Lifts people by the neck with one arm...he’s way stronger.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Mike Tyson (this world) vs Ivan Drago (Rocky).

* Boxing match, standard boxing rules.

* Both fighters in prime.

* Arena is in Switzerland (neutral ground).

If this is a stomp/victory for Drago, then Tyson gets a rematch, before which he absorbs all the skills and reflexes of Muhammed Ali (Cassius Clay) while also retaining his own.
    Its not really possible to determine a match between a fictional and a real person. Tyson would win, because Drago, like any character in Rocky 1-8 never get their guard right. They don't fight like boxers, more like super heros

Isnt Dragos punches the equivalent of shotguns going off PSIA wise ? Like he should be killing people in a few punches

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Drago, with his horrible guard, non-existent reflexes and lead-with-his-chin style, might lose this. He might well never cleanly hit a well-coached Tyson, who was a beast defensively in his early years.

Buuuuuut the amount of force he delivers on those horrible awful swings is enough to beat any real-life boxer if he can connect them.

Having Ali's skills wouldn't change much for Tyson: he was already quicker and plenty skilled. Having Ali's size, mass and reach, though, would help a LOT, especially against someone Lundgren's size.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

These are my thoughts -

If Drago can land several successive hits on Iron Mike (say three) before Mike counters it's over. If Mike can strike first, however, he might very well win due to Ivan's horribly weak guard.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

If a punch thrown by Rocky IV villain Ivan Drago is supposed to measure 2,150 psi and his glove’s impact area is something like four square inches, he’d be exerting a force of 8,600 pounds, or more than four tons. Based on the professional literature, no boxer in real life comes anywhere close to that. I did find a 2007 news account about World Boxing Organization cruiserweight champion Enzo Maccarinelli, whose punches supposedly packed a wallop of around 3.85 tons. However, the researchers making this claim have yet to publish their findings in a scientific journal.
    How does Drago's force of 2150 psi measure up against what we would call a 'Class One.'

So say there's a character who can lift two thousand pounds. Can we determine from that his psi in punching force?

Can we determine Drago's approximate strength level? Class Zero-Point-Five or something (whatever seems likely)?

Yeah, Drago was a beast. No normal human heavyweight could take that kind of punishment.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Drago, because Tyson doesn't hit hard enough for his boxing skill to be a factor. Drago can simply ignore Tyson's punches and go pure offense.

For me, the key words in the OP are "standard boxing rules" - which don't actually seem to apply in the Rocky movies.

Drago makes Tyson look like a saint in comparison, so I'd wager he gets disqualified in round one. Therefore, all Tyson has to do is survive for a maximum of 3 minutes to get a DQ victory.

Dargo is 7 inches taller than Tyson, so his ears are relatively safe.

Since Ivan Drago is effectively a cartoon character, can we at least spot Mike Tyson the hitting power of his Ip Man incarnation?

You need punch out Mike Tyson to win this.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    You need punch out Mike Tyson to win this.
    He's probably worse frankly

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Drago, with his horrible guard, non-existent reflexes and lead-with-his-chin style, might lose this. He might well never cleanly hit a well-coached Tyson, who was a beast defensively in his early years.

Buuuuuut the amount of force he delivers on those horrible awful swings is enough to beat any real-life boxer if he can connect them.

Having Ali's skills wouldn't change much for Tyson: he was already quicker and plenty skilled. Having Ali's size, mass and reach, though, would help a LOT, especially against someone Lundgren's size.
    Good point that boxers in the Rockyverse don't have actual boxing skills, being played by actors. But they go at each other punching all-out for the whole fight so their durability and damage soak is also far beyond reality. So I don't know that any real life fighter can take Drago down before he finally scores with that superhuman punch.
    Power with Girl is better.