Question Kirby and his influence on TMNT

I was hoping I could get some help! I'm currently doing a research paper on the artistic style of Jack Kirby and his influences on other comic book artists. I was specifically wondering about his influence on the TMNT comics and its creators Laird and Eastman. If you have any information that could help me out I would honestly really appreciate it. I'm also curious about the connection between Daredevil and TMNT's origin story and the artistic similarities between the two comics. Thanks for your help!

It's not the comics, but I remember there was an episode of the 2003 TV show that was a tribute to Jack Kirby. One of the turtles befriends a struggling comic book artist named Kirby.
    https://turtlepedia.fandom.com/wiki/The_King

Good luck with your project!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CarinaComics View Post
    I was hoping I could get some help! I'm currently doing a research paper on the artistic style of Jack Kirby and his influences on other comic book artists. I was specifically wondering about his influence on the TMNT comics and its creators Laird and Eastman. If you have any information that could help me out I would honestly really appreciate it. I'm also curious about the connection between Daredevil and TMNT's origin story and the artistic similarities between the two comics. Thanks for your help!
    I do know that Eastman did a forward on a book called The Art of Jack Kirby, which was published back in 1992. It only had an original print run of 1000 copies

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-03-2020 at 01:03 PM.

Wow, that was really good, thank for sharing.

You're welcome. This book had a soft cover edition too You can probably find copies of that on Amazon. I have the hardcover limited printing.

Thank you so much! I'll definitely give it a watch!

THank you all so much for this information! You guys are the best ��
    Last edited by CarinaComics; 03-03-2020 at 01:37 PM.

Although not a Kirby creation, anybody think the Mouser heads have a slight resemblance to Ultron?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

THank you all so much for this information! You guys are the best ��
    You are welcome and I hope your project is a success!

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It's not the comics, but I remember there was an episode of the 2003 TV show that was a tribute to Jack Kirby. One of the turtles befriends a struggling comic book artist named Kirby.
    https://turtlepedia.fandom.com/wiki/The_King

Good luck with your project!
    That story goes all the back to the original Mirage comics and has been adapted constantly.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

IIRC, Laird & Eastman once cited Frank Miller's Daredevil as an inspiration. Hope this info helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    This book had a soft cover edition too You can probably find copies of that on Amazon. I have the hardcover limited printing.
    Awesome! I have the softcover edition in my collection.

Never knew about there being a hardcover edition, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Although not a Kirby creation, anybody think the Mouser heads have a slight resemblance to Ultron?
    IIRC, the mousers were created by Baxter Stockman. Any connection to the Baxter Building, perhaps?
    Last edited by K7P5V; 03-04-2020 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

At one point there was going to be a 5th Turtle named Kirby. He would join the team in the 4th Ninja Turtles live action movie, but since the third movie did so poorly it was never made.

There were also plans to have Kirby in the live action TV series when that fell through, but the studio demanded a female instead.