Extraordinary Member

Default Demon Cyborg Genos vs. Cu Chulainn

Genos, the S-ranked hero from One Punch Man

Cu Chulainn, the servant from the Fate series.

Which of the two wins the day?

Cu takes this handily I think tbh, idk if Genis got anything to deal with the audacity of causality hax
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Cu takes this handily I think tbh, idk if Genis got anything to deal with the audacity of causality hax
    How nitpicky are the usage rules for noble phantasms? Because IIRC Cu's causality thing is that he specifically pierces the heart of the target. But Genos doesn't have a heart as it were.

Also, unless Cu has some really cool new fats in GO I'm pretty sure that Genos is quite a bit faster.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    How nitpicky are the usage rules for noble phantasms? Because IIRC Cu's causality thing is that he specifically pierces the heart of the target. But Genos doesn't have a heart as it were.

Also, unless Cu has some really cool new fats in GO I'm pretty sure that Genos is quite a bit faster.
    He's got a core that occupies the function and location of his heart.

The core he has would def function as the heart iirc
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

They simultaneously take each other out - both are designated jobbers who aren't allowed to win for the sake of the narrative.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    He's got a core that occupies the function and location of his heart.
    I think he doesn't need his core, at at least not to the extent of a functional human heart? I recall he's ripped it out of his chest at one point to replace it with a stronger power source.

Right now the only part of Genos I would call completely vital is his brain.

So apparently Gae Bolg by Word of God would supposedly kill Arcueid if she would not be saved by her luck, which in Nasuverse is the ability to defy fate and destiny.

This is a woman who’s mystically connected with the Earth itself and one who simply recreated another body after being killed by Tohno’s Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, which kill you on a conceptual level.

I think that one could argue the conceptual haxxed nature of the spear renders Genos having a heart immaterial.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

What's the range on Gae Bolg's heart stabbing? Because Geno's can open up with massive AOE attacks from the starting 100 foot mark at least as fast as Cu Chillaxin can do anything, and reduce that side of the arena into a cloud of cinders, and that attack is the only change Cu really has against a guy that was able to fight pretty much evenly with a full powered Deep Sea King.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger19 View Post
    So apparently Gae Bolg by Word of God would supposedly kill Arcueid if she would not be saved by her luck, which in Nasuverse is the ability to defy fate and destiny.

This is a woman who’s mystically connected with the Earth itself and one who simply recreated another body after being killed by Tohno’s Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, which kill you on a conceptual level.

I think that one could argue the conceptual haxxed nature of the spear renders Genos having a heart immaterial.
    Thank you. That certainly seems to be a rather definitive answer to that question.

But even with that I think that Genos wins. We've seen that Gae Bolg can be interrupted (Cu's fight against True Assassin), and I'd still wager that Genos is the faster of the two by quite a bit. What with matching up well with Speed of Sound Sonic at one point and then getting a few upgrades since then. He's also got more immediate fire power with all of his large scale rapid fire and AOE attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    What's the range on Gae Bolg's heart stabbing? Because Geno's can open up with massive AOE attacks from the starting 100 foot mark at least as fast as Cu Chillaxin can do anything, and reduce that side of the arena into a cloud of cinders, and that attack is the only change Cu really has against a guy that was able to fight pretty much evenly with a full powered Deep Sea King.
    The max range of the causality reversal stab is ten meters/32 feet. So, I'd say that Genos can pull out a win given his superior range game, AOE and speed.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 03-08-2020 at 04:48 AM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Thank you. That certainly seems to be a rather definitive answer to that question.

But even with that I think that Genos wins. We've seen that Gae Bolg can be interrupted (Cu's fight against True Assassin), and I'd still wager that Genos is the faster of the two by quite a bit. What with matching up well with Speed of Sound Sonic at one point and then getting a few upgrades since then. He's also got more immediate fire power with all of his large scale rapid fire and AOE attacks.
    I should note that Gae Bolg being interrupted like it was in Presage Flower was movie flash that didn’t happen in the visual novel because Cu never used it in that fight in the VN.

The Shadow doing so in that movie I would say also has to do with its unique nature and connection to the Grail, which is something specifically designed to consume magic and Servants.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei