Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Good issue. Still my fave book out of the Dawn of X books and most consistent for me,
    I find X-Force to be the most consistent, and X-Men to be overall best(most interesting). This book is stalling for me, after having a pretty trashy concept to begin with.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bozack View Post
    I want to enjoy this series a lot more than I do.
    agreed especially since my favorite character is a team member. oh well.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I don't. He's more covered up than Rogue.
    I definitely hate his Wonder Woman boots. Who thought that was a good idea? I think Jumbo needs to go back in for revisions....
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So Esme was the Cuckoo in black. Who were the two others, was that made clear?
    Sophie is the only other named checked.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Thankfully, now maybe we can get a true team book that will allow depth to be mined without "Kitty is tough, and too badass for anybody " being slathered all over every other page. Hopefully Duggan can put some weight to Pyro and add layers to Bishop's emotional connection to the people he lives and fights beside. ....Bonus showing how Bishop is more than guns! Now let's see if Storm can rightfully take leadership of this team and make it gel.
    I hope so. it is time to show More of Bishop and Ororo personalities and depth beyond being there for Kitty.
    I'm hoping for some meaty stories for both

I really do want to like this book but between how Pyro keeps getting done and the way Duggan is handling Bishop I just can't be bothered anymore. So far Bishop is a "Great Captain" in name only and i'm getting sick of the lazy tactic of Bishop being the gun guy instead of using his powers. If you are in this for Kate, Emma or the Shaws then I'm sure this book is great but it's just not working for me.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I don't. He's more covered up than Rogue.
    The coat doesn't go well with the costume, that is better presented without the coat. I also thought it would had a morepirate look than superhero spandex.
    I don't get why men have to be all covered up all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    That makes literally no sense.

The protocol is transphobic... really that's what we gonna put forward?
    Well I meant she was rejecting it, not that it was rejecting her...

I didn't think it through.
    Last edited by Criticalfan; 03-04-2020 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I find X-Force to be the most consistent, and X-Men to be overall best(most interesting). This book is stalling for me, after having a pretty trashy concept to begin with.
    Speak the truth, shame the devil.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Wow, I love how much Bishop has warmed up to Emma and vice versa. When he put the coat/cape on her, I couldn’t help but feel touched. What a sweet moment, Marauders is doing wonders for Emma connections wise, like with Kate, Storm, and now Bishop. B x E is something I never knew I needed.

Wow, I thought that was Karma with Lockheed. I was like dang, so she and Kitty were f--king?

I'm really liking this book more and more and the art to be honest was great in this issue.

Emma's panel on the beach keeping Pyro under the illusion, Bishop joining in and putting his coat on her and then the burning of the Hellfire brats were all quite exquisite.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Spectacular Member

So I was glad to see that Yellowjacket wasn't able to infiltrate the island and though I felt that part of the story could have been told in a few less panels it was very enjoyable and comical. However it does make you wonder what Jean's reaction would be if she ever learned that Emma used her image as part of her distraction.

Wish a little more time was spent on the failed attempt to revive Kate. Perhaps showing what happened to make this husk non-viable or to the prior attempts. After all this has been one of the biggest mysteries of the comic and now with Kate gone it feels that we will never learn what the issue between her and Krakoa was. A better explanation needs to be given and it needs to be given soon.

Emma's monologue on the last page seemed a little off however. I knew she and Kate had started to build a strong friendship and working relationship but Emma's train of thought seemed to be more of someone who lost her mentor or moral compass. It so didn't fit Emma that the first time I read it I thought the writer had switched perspective and it was Lockheed thoughts at the end instead of Emma.

The artwork by Matteo Lolli with colours by Edgar Delgado was spectacular! I hope they stick around. This was one of the best looking issues since the relaunch of the X-Books.

I have a feeling that sentiment is shared by more than a few for a couple of reasons.

Virtually all the characters, human and mutant alike, have become cogs in a machine. In regard to the mutants, I don't care what kind of paradise they live in, they wouldn't just stop being who they are, what they like to do Etc., In the past someone could say Storm wouldn't say that. Magneto wouldn't say that Etc., but now their dialogue is so generic that' not true. They've lost their individuality, the one thing that made them interesting. Virtually the only character that shows any sort of individual personality is Shaw, a character I've never liked. He remains true to his evil self.

That and the fact that the overriding theme of the new X is it is The Mutant Corporation featuring a cast of fabulously wealthy, elitist mutants who can travel anywhere they want if they get bored living in paradise and have an itch to slum in the flat scan world run by evil, Mutant Hating corporations run by their own crew of talk alike, think alike interchangeable cast of characters.

The X-men changed. Gone is a group of interestingly written individuals with their own individual issues while they fought for the world.

The new X world makes them generic set pieces in a battle between Corporations.

Readers are left trying to decide which corporation to root for.

Naturally, some try to remain true to the characters they enjoy. That's why so much effort is made to imagining what they are like, because the actual comic has erased their individuality and turned them into a crack special Ops. Team whose motto is "Our Corporation uber alles" which coincidentally is the motto for the human side as well.

That and the fact that Magneto doesn't know how to dress for the beach makes it hard to take the new x-world seriously. I would like to know what on Krakoa motivates him to dress so ridiculously, jeez!. I'm in a tropical paradise, far from any threat. I'm an omega level mutant, but when on the beach of paradise I will dress for battle, ok.