Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

The story isn't exactly very tight but the character's voices are really good and it's nice seeing them just live in the status quo.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Oh wow, I'm truly enjoying Storm's current storyline, Bishop and Iceman work so nicely together, Pyro battling his inner demons was inspired.

Me imagining things which aren't currently happening.

But the voices for Emma, Kate, and Shaw are good tho, and Jumbo's inclusion makes me happy.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 03-05-2020 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm totally down for seeing how the Morlocks spend their days. Hopefully the consistent mention of them means we'll get a closer look soon.
    I just wanna see Annalee with her kids and eventually have Artie, Leech, and the Power Pack visit her

Astonishing Member

I understand Krakoa being more liberal in love but seeing the Strucker twins in this book I hope Incest is still taboo(i know its not confirmed i know The Fenris always had that vibe since Claremont days)

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I haven't been following this series as closely as others but the focus seems to consistently be on a few characters with the vast majority of the cast playing smaller roles and with 9 issues out that shift in focus doesn't seem to be changing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I've been reading and following Marauders closely, issue to issue, and can say that even-though the main plot centres around Emma and the HTC and Kate as Red Queen and her personal mystery/issue with Krakoa...the unfolding of the plot and sub-plot seems to involve everyone interacting with each other to some degree and with individual characters having their "moments of shine".
    Of course, I approached this book with very little bias against the premise and characters from the start so... I would read things somewhat differently.
    just to add my 2 cents to the pile: Marauders is arguably dealing with the largest ensemble out of all the x-books and a lot of these issues have been spent sort of setting it up. like the third issue was just Sebastian and shinobi while one of the last few followed Callisto a lot. basically the more round out who's who on the HC the core team have been getting more moments. I'd say the only character being underused atm is Storm and it seems like Hickman's keeping her booked and busy which could be the reason...not that that's ever stopped someone like Wolverine from being everywhere at once but I digress (and I think someone already mentioned that)

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    just to add my 2 cents to the pile: Marauders is arguably dealing with the largest ensemble out of all the x-books and a lot of these issues have been spent sort of setting it up. like the third issue was just Sebastian and shinobi while one of the last few followed Callisto a lot. basically the more round out who's who on the HC the core team have been getting more moments. I'd say the only character being underused atm is Storm and it seems like Hickman's keeping her booked and busy which could be the reason...not that that's ever stopped someone like Wolverine from being everywhere at once but I digress (and I think someone already mentioned that)
    Apparently Storm being heavily featured in Black Panther has made at least Duggan keep back from involving her more heavily in the plotting to avoid stepping on the Coates' storylines. Maybe that will change now when his Black Panther run ends in June.

Personally I think she will leave for another title since Hickman's Giant-Size issue will apparently serve as foundation for her future development. But who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Apparently Storm being heavily featured in Black Panther has made at least Duggan keep back from involving her more heavily in the plotting to avoid stepping on the Coates' storylines. Maybe that will change now when his Black Panther run ends in June.

Personally I think she will leave for another title since Hickman's Giant-Size issue will apparently serve as foundation for her future development. But who knows.
    X-books barely acknowledge black panther, Duggan just thought some lightining would do

X-Desk pages were completely superfluous this time around. We knew everything mentioned in the text pages. It broke up the pacing of the illusion for no reason. I'd rather have had Emma/Pyro internal dialogue/astral plane communication that would have given much needed character depth, especially for St. John.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I read the data-pages after I've read the story. That way, they don't break the illustrated/page "flow" of the actual story.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I’m so behind just reading this, good read only thing that threw me was Bishops outfit. It didn’t dawn on me that was his red bishop uniform, it sucks they can do better...

I hope Madin from Sina Grace's Iceman run shows up with the Morlocks in this book.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I hope Madin from Sina Grace's Iceman run shows up with the Morlocks in this book.
    I hope not then dude will have a bitch fit all over twitter.

You could just not read it if that were the case.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    You could just not read it if that were the case.
    Oh I won't but dude needs to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Oh I won't but dude needs to move on.
    Nonbinary representation matters more than some writer’s fits.