Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It is funny that they kill the family of the warwolf baby, but is like "this one i can't kill because it is a baby"
    It's an old trope. Depending on execution and context, not always one that leaves the "merciful" party looking so great.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    It's an old trope. Depending on execution and context, not always one that leaves the "merciful" party looking so great.
    apocalypse aparently comes up with a cost, but instead of seeing it we get pages of culllen rationalizing mutantphobia

Mighty Member

This the lady writing the first X-event

good luck with that.

yeah we know

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post

good luck with that.
    not alone tho

Re: ‘baby’ Warwolf

Back in the original Excalibur run, China Doll, of the Technet, shrunk one of the warwolves to ‘child’ sized, but it retained its ‘adult’ intellect and cunning. When they were placed in the London zoo, it was referred to as a baby, I believe.

Could this ‘baby’ just be the shrunken one doing what it takes to survive...? Which would make bringing it to Krakoa a very bad thing...?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I had some problems with the Cullen and Rictor scene since it's drawn as if Cullen can obviously see Rictor entering the garden and the page where Rogue put on the Warhound skin could've been done better. Not sure why they let the baby one live since these aliens sound as bad as the Brood.

Rictor had to convince Betsy to get off her ass and kill the remaining Warhounds? Nice; it's like reverse Fallen Angels now.

6/10
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I had some problems with the Cullen and Rictor scene since it's drawn as if Cullen can obviously see Rictor entering the garden and the page where Rogue put on the Warhound skin could've been done better. Not sure why they let the baby one live since these aliens sound as bad as the Brood.

Rictor had to convince Betsy to get off her ass and kill the remaining Warhounds? Nice; it's like reverse Fallen Angels now.

6/10
    i actually kinda liked that convo cause betsy was showing some british bias by giving cullen the benefit of the doubt, rictor respectfully disagrees and she starts seeing that when in the end she seems embarassed at the whole tradition and wants to leave quickly

Everything about this sounds awful, so it seems I made the right decision when I dropped Excalibur.
    Tini is an amateur and she is way out of her depth with the X-men, she needs 5 to 10 more years of experience before being ready to be in charge of a big X-men title.
    Anyways, I'll be patiently waiting for the cancellation of this awful mess of a book.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Re: ‘baby’ Warwolf

Back in the original Excalibur run, China Doll, of the Technet, shrunk one of the warwolves to ‘child’ sized, but it retained its ‘adult’ intellect and cunning. When they were placed in the London zoo, it was referred to as a baby, I believe.

Could this ‘baby’ just be the shrunken one doing what it takes to survive...? Which would make bringing it to Krakoa a very bad thing...?
    I mean Rachel would know this as she was there so for her to adopt this "baby" means that either: 1) it's a legit warwolf baby, meaning they found a means of procreating; or 2) Tini didn't do her homework.
    Also continuing on this, a warwolf would wreck havok in Krakoa as it is immune to psi abilities (which is something I also think Tini forgot).

Excalibur is so wacky and off-the-wall that I love it. But hopefully Tini and the artists get into a better groove because the ideas are there and this is my favorite cast, just the execution is lacking as others have said.

I really enjoy having my favorite male and favorite female characters in the same book. I cackled at this and their conversation.

Big Daddy •-[A]-• looking BRUTE-like and I'm here for it along with the baby wolf.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    For me it looked bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    apocalypse aparently comes up with a cost, but instead of seeing it we get pages of culllen rationalizing mutantphobia
    This. It was made crystal clear how some feel about mutants, which is likely to lead to the Krakoa/UK war.

"As an alternative to MI-13, we are not burdened by many of the same concerns of diversity". I kinda gagged when I read that.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post

good luck with that.
    yeah, this is a big concern about the x of swords event

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    And why would Rachel of all people take in a Warwolf as a pet as they were created and bred to hunt and retrieve her?? While a cute cameo the adoption doesn't make sense unless it will be a plotpoint in X-Factor when they go to the Mojoverse (which is where the Warwolves are from).
    I think Rachel has expressed--in canon-- a need to believe and to reinforce the belief that future/alt dimension beings created to be hounds can be redeemed & even thrive if given a better environment and purpose.