Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    *Siryn. It almost annoys me as much as people saying Rouge instead of Rogue

I'll add Chamber to that. If he's not doing anything worthwhile in NM, then he might as well hang out with his European peers and his ancestor --[A]--
    Ahahah sorry non native speaker confused by i-y stuff

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Ahahah sorry non native speaker confused by i-y stuff
    no worries! it's a bit of a trick anyways as 'Siryn' isn't a real word. It's a spin on 'Siren' as means of tying into the mythology and an indication of her wail/scream

BANNED

Didn’t enjoy the 2 parter, art wasn’t great without To and the story was all over the place.

Looking forward to the next story now and hopefully we get back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Sorry guys Hickman likes this writer.

She's not going anywhere.
    Her writing has oscillated between sub-par and mediocre on this serie to stay polite, and that book doesn't have the luxury to wait out on improvements 8 issues in…

That writer didn't deliver, someone else should get a chance at steering the ship before it's too late.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

#8 wasn't terrible, just didn't move the plot forward in any way, just felt like filler. #9 was not only pointless but had the same problems as previous issues where it feels like panels are missing. I find it so confusing that stuff appears to happen off panel. In every fight scene I end up checking to see if I've missed a page. I don't understand how an editor doesn't pick up on this? It really feels like pages are missing from a lot of the issues. It is so jarring and weird.

Quote Originally Posted by freemach View Post
    #8 wasn't terrible, just didn't move the plot forward in any way, just felt like filler. #9 was not only pointless but had the same problems as previous issues where it feels like panels are missing. I find it so confusing that stuff appears to happen off panel. In every fight scene I end up checking to see if I've missed a page. I don't understand how an editor doesn't pick up on this? It really feels like pages are missing from a lot of the issues. It is so jarring and weird.
    errr examples?
    GrindrStone(D)

I can probably grab a few examples from the last issue, but this is something others have complained about in the other review threads
    IMG_C3A793586BD8-1.jpg
    Something happened off panel. I think Rogue did something, but maybe it was the demon part of Cullen. Wasn't clear to me, but Cullen lying on the floor at the end.

Then also at the start of the issue, Betsy flew at Cullen and again he's on the ground again.
    Other battles/fights finish off panel in other issues as well. Situations are resolved and jumps to a new part. Possibly it's just me but I find the flow of the comic really jarring. It rarely flows. But just my opinion, maybe for everyone else it's fine
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by freemach; 03-06-2020 at 07:21 AM.

I can probably grab a few examples from the last issue, but this is something others have complained about in the other review threads
    IMG_C3A793586BD8-1.jpg
    Something happened off panel. I think Rogue did something, but maybe it was the demon part of Cullen. Wasn't clear to me, but Cullen lying on the floor at the end.

Then also at the start of the issue, Betsy flew at Cullen and again he's on the ground again.
    Other battles/fights finish off panel in other issues as well. Situations are resolved and jumps to a new part. Possibly it's just me but I find the flow of the comic really jarring. It rarely flows. But just my opinion, maybe for everyone else it's fine
    i had the same problem, seems like missing panels on the fight
    The comic have a big problem of editing, this story flows problems all could be solved by the editors doing their jobs

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Her writing has oscillated between sub-par and mediocre on this serie to stay polite, and that book doesn't have the luxury to wait out on improvements 8 issues in…

That writer didn't deliver, someone else should get a chance at steering the ship before it's too late.
    I hope that Hickman polishthe hell out of this x of swords crossovers.

Yeah I'm interested to see Excalibur sales. Seems people are reallly liking it though.

And in typical fashion CBR is an outlier.

Wish we had a new writer and artist.

Marcus To is consistent but his art is too cartoony.

Its the execution for me but i do like the ideas in the book. I'll keep reading for now.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Yeah I'm interested to see Excalibur sales. Seems people are reallly liking it though.

And in typical fashion CBR is an outlier.

Wish we had a new writer and artist.

Marcus To is consistent but his art is too cartoony.
    Issue 6 sold 45k and issue 6 of Fallen Angels sold 40K. So it's doing well. With the X of Swords crossover starting I don't anticipate these numbers to go into red. In general I would say that it doesn't matter what we, twitter or other sources say. These DoX titles have been given such a large hype that we probably will deal with inflated numbers for some time to come. Tini also has tweeted about second printings of several issues. Even if issue 7 and 8 underpeform I doubt it show any large dent in numbers.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, I thought maybe two pages had gotten stuck together, because I'd missed something. It was all 'fly at the enemy!' and cut to 'enemy down!' I was like, wait, where's the middle part? We went straight from 'steal underwear' to 'profit' and missed the middle part...

8 issues in and still no mutant magic, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    ...didn't Williams say that she and Howard would be doing a romance across their two books or something?
    ooh down for this

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I can't believe Betsy will have had two relationships with women and Karma has never had a girlfriend
    I would do unspeakable things for more Karma panel time

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    8 issues in and still no mutant magic, huh?
    lol. it's being developped. Thats been the point of the past 2 arcs.
    I don't get why we need an answer asap. its a serial medium if we got all the answers at once what's the point of keeping up with the books month after month

We don't need the actual answer we just need some insight into what it ACTUALLY is.....

Are the infographs supposed to be doing that?

Whats the difference between mutant magic and regular magic?