Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Wow I haven't even read this yet, but everyone seems to hate this book now.

I too did notice a big drop in quality in the previous issue. Looks like this ish wasn't any better.

For me the biggest deal breaker is Betsy as Captain Britain. I just can't understand why Brian and Meggan aren't on the team... Brian Braddock IS Captain Britain and forever will be.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    Wow I haven't even read this yet, but everyone seems to hate this book now.

I too did notice a big drop in quality in the previous issue. Looks like this ish wasn't any better.

For me the biggest deal breaker is Betsy as Captain Britain. I just can't understand why Brian and Meggan aren't on the team... Brian Braddock IS Captain Britain and forever will be.

It's a legacy. There may be more popular versions, like Rogers for Captain America, but new people took after him as well. It's a great way to distinguish new! Betsy from Psylocke. Meggan might come back, eventually. It's the X-men, everyone rotates around.

BANNED

Neither Brian nor Meggan has been relevant since the 90s and Im being generous. Saying he HAS to be Cap B is saying the MU dont really need a Captain Britain on a regular basis.

Iono they're fucking.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    You don't say.

Attachment 94095

Imagine an X-Men team that juggles between its responsibilities to Hellfire Black (Gambit & Psylocke), Hellfire White(Iceman & Jubilee), and Hellfire Red (Rogue & Bishop) with yer old pro Logan bringing it all together.

No thanks Rogue is Alexandra Daddario.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Another thing that seems to be hampering the book (or at least certainly isnt helping) is the lack of a strong artist. Marcus To is a good artist, but he's not quite right for this type of book. It needs an artist with an excellent sense of story telling, design and flair...a Walt Simonson, Alan Davis...a Russell Dauterman, a Carlos Pacheco...

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Another thing that seems to be hampering the book (or at least certainly isnt helping) is the lack of a strong artist. Marcus To is a good artist, but he's not quite right for this type of book. It needs an artist with an excellent sense of story telling, design and flair...a Walt Simonson, Alan Davis...a Russell Dauterman, a Carlos Pacheco...
    It needs a better artist for more dynamic fights

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Neither Brian nor Meggan has been relevant since the 90s and Im being generous. Saying he HAS to be Cap B is saying the MU dont really need a Captain Britain on a regular basis.

Iono they're fucking.
    I ship this now.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Iono they're fucking.
    I don't love it, but if it reconfirms Betsy's bisexuality and finally drags Rachel out of the closet I can get behind it.

This book needs a new writer. Someone who can actually tell a coherent story from beginning to end. Trying to follow this mess makes me feel like I have ADHD.

And the too-cutesy art isn't helping at all. It looks like Archie Comics X-Men.

Side note everything about Rachel screams lesbian.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Side note everything about Rachel screams lesbian.
    Well with that haircut she’s sporting she sure does.

I’m still only reading this book because my friend buys the digital. I’m excited less and less with every issue.
    Characterizations are so off... It leaves me so disinterested in a book with my favorite Marvel couple.

I’m glad at least To is back on.

I remember Tini tweeting about a pink shirt that read “flipping my bitch switch” (or something like that) and she said it had strong Gambit vibes.... well she certainly flipped a switch and turned his character into nothing more than a b*tch.

Everyone else is super boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Tini clearly never read Avengers Arena or Undercover. This is a terrible portrayal of Cullen. He is nothing like this and I'm so annoyed by it.

He was a good, complex character with issues of abandonment and a mood streak. Now he's a racist aristocrat (who is suddenly 10 years older than he was, at least).

It's terrible writing.

Spectacular Member

For me the biggest problem is that I had no idea who/what Cullen Bloodstone was. He was the apparent villain of the story but I never really got his motivation or character. Basically he seemed of two minds that came at random, one an upstanding British aristocrat and the other a murderous and powerful demon who wanted to kill mutants. He kept flipping between the two with no clear trigger setting off the change. Then just as I was getting him figured out the writers added his connection to the Akkaba cult and I was more confused.

Betsy also seemed a little off this issue. Couldn't tell if her reluctance was because Cullen was a school time friend that she didn't want to alienate or he had some obligation/connection to her role of being Captain Britain. Her early attempts to play the diplomat and concede to Cullen's demands made her seem weak (Something I don't usually associate with Elizabeth Braddock) but she had turned that around by the end when she stood up to Apocalypse.

Was curious, did they ever say what Apocalypses meant by there would "a cost" in saving the boy warwolf?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    For me the biggest problem is that I had no idea who/what Cullen Bloodstone was. He was the apparent villain of the story but I never really got his motivation or character. Basically he seemed of two minds that came at random, one an upstanding British aristocrat and the other a murderous and powerful demon who wanted to kill mutants. He kept flipping between the two with no clear trigger setting off the change. Then just as I was getting him figured out the writers added his connection to the Akkaba cult and I was more confused.
    Cullen is Elsa Bloodstone's younger brother.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cullen_Bloodstone

Was curious, did they ever say what Apocalypses meant by there would "a cost" in saving the boy warwolf?
    Knowing Apocalypse he was probably going to involve death and sacrifice.

BANNED

I don't even get what's going on in this book 75% of the time.