Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    lol. it's being developped. Thats been the point of the past 2 arcs.
    I don't get why we need an answer asap. its a serial medium if we got all the answers at once what's the point of keeping up with the books month after month
    I'm not saying I want everything explained to me, it's just that this isn't the mystery that Tini seems to be trying to write. Things happen and characters just do things without questioning it. And mutant magic is this series' subject but we still don't really know or have seen what it is. It's just been like 8 issues of macguffin collecting.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    We don't need the actual answer we just need some insight into what it ACTUALLY is.....

Are the infographs supposed to be doing that?

Whats the difference between mutant magic and regular magic?
    Just that X opposed to circle thing which like... Doesn't explain much. Like can all mutants access magic? Will they be learning magic?

I mean when Cullen asked Rictor if he was a druid that was a perfect moment to talk about how his powers are suddenly "druidic" but he just went with "I vibe with druids".

I agree the execution is wonky af. my take is only Apocalypse knows what's fully going on and we get the scraps he gives us. which yeah isn't much. presumably this summer we learn more?

"I vibe with druids" was maybe the best line of the series but yeah wasted potential lol. the druid situation is a complete mystery to me

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Its the execution for me but i do like the ideas in the book. I'll keep reading for now.
    Agreed. So many great pieces here (Excalibur lore, Pete Wisdom, The Braddock kids, Capt Brit lore, magic shit, Jubilee) but the execution is...mild mannered and sometimes confusing. I'd be interested to see Tint plot the script but then hand off dialog duties to someone else.

BANNED

I honestly don't think Tini wants to write Betsy. She wants to write Apocalypse, and magic, and got stuck with the psychic Magic fairy lady...

The most interesting thing to happen in this series was the allusion to there being magic on Krakoa in Magik's Savage Avengers issue. It's been too paint-by-numbers with no real intrigue. This series would've been better served as more of an unconventional fairy tale like Die comic. Now that I think that, Kieron Gillen would've been amazing at creating mutant magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    The most interesting thing to happen in this series was the allusion to there being magic on Krakoa in Magik's Savage Avengers issue. It's been too paint-by-numbers with no real intrigue. This series would've been better served as more of an unconventional fairy tale like Die comic. Now that I think that, Kieron Gillen would've been amazing at creating mutant magic.
    That would've been very very cool. Apocalypse' recurrences are something of a WicDiv cycle too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I honestly don't think Tini wants to write Betsy. She wants to write Apocalypse, and magic, and got stuck with the psychic Magic fairy lady...
    lol yeah betsy seems peripheral in her own book. to be fair I guess everyone seems pretty peripheral.
    Im still not sure how she feels about being CB...

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    very much with you on this. its like its trying to be out of the box at the same time as being a standard team book...what we get is a bit of neither and both

very much with you on this. its like its trying to be out of the box at the same time as being a standard team book...what we get is a bit of neither and both
    It could really be epic if everything wasn't just resolved in a random fight or sudden anticlimax. Betsy's ascension to Captain Britain followed by the deluge of mythological creatures spilling into Britain and the fallout of that could've been a big arc of its own in the same vein as the X-men Davos summit issue but it just kinda fizzled out.

Fantastic Member

She seems peripheral in her own book because she's Captain Britain. Does any of us really want or consider Betsy to be Captain Britain, over Brian? I don't remember seeing anyone preferring this. It's like she's wearing the outfit or something (literally here) I think everyone wants her to be Psylocke again.

I like her as CB and its definitely an avenue worth exploring, they just have to commit to exploring it. The stuff with Brian taking the sword over the shield and Betsy basically having the role pushed onto her is a great jumping off point for some kind of examination of their characters and roles as siblings im just waiting for Tini to go there. Maybe x of swords is our time

This book started out as an essay on mutant magic. Hickman loved it enough that he wanted Tini to write a book about it. Editorial then handed her Betsy and she worked from there. So she had an idea that got buried under different arcs, added characters, publishing scheduele and different artists. We can't judge her on her idea since so far she has only teased it. Something that might have to do with Hickman's timetable. She might be under instructions to keep certain plots for moments later on. For instance X of swords. Normally I would have thought it suicide since these days you are not afforded the luxury of a certain amount of issues. You have to start swinging or go home. Now with DoX this has given her an environment that affords her this protection.

So we can only comment on what has been given us. I personally would like if Tini got a mandate to only use the characters she wants. Because when I am reading this I feel she is moving some peices along with care and intent. Others are just thrown in there. It's a mess.

I like her as CB and its definitely an avenue worth exploring, they just have to commit to exploring it. The stuff with Brian taking the sword over the shield and Betsy basically having the role pushed onto her is a great jumping off point for some kind of examination of their characters and roles as siblings im just waiting for Tini to go there. Maybe x of swords is our time
    The focus should be on them, then the rest of the cast. I don't feel like any chaarcter is being well used here

I honestly think they should have explored the sibling dynamic between Betsy and Brian regarding the Sword of Might (which seems like something Betsy would pick) compared to the Amulet of Right (which was thrusted onto her).

She didn't lose her warrior mentality but she also never wanted to have the responsiblities of Captain Britain.

She could have revitalized that Captain Brit Corps.

Also the dynamic with their brother Jamie I want explored a little bit more.

I would have loved some spotlight on Meggan. Because she is low key a power house.

I would have liked to see maybe the Fury be a threat to Krakoa

With Brian, Betsy, Meggan, Jamie and Apoc against the Fury.

There are just so many avenues to be explored and I don't think the dungeons and dragons route is engaging or exciting.
    Last edited by CGAR; 03-06-2020 at 04:31 PM.