Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Yeah I didn't like the gay kiss either. It was like yeah they're gay they're gonna kiss.

Betsy's nightgown was the star of this issue but, yeah, definitely the weakest one so far. This could've been a one and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah I didn't like the gay kiss either. It was like yeah they're gay they're gonna kiss.
    I didn't think we were supposed to like it. Cullen was being an entitled creeper there.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I liked Rachel and -[A]- here but yeah, this was a bit boring.

And as a Betsy stan. She isn't written as bad. Not great but decent compared to say Gambit lol

But I just don't think she's really doing anything.

I like the relationship she is forming with Apocalypse. THAT is interesting to me.

I just want to see her interact with more Krakoan leadership. The Captains and the Quiet Council.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Betsy's nightgown was the star of this issue but, yeah, definitely the weakest one so far. This could've been a one and done.
    I think this is a case of mismanaged filler unfortunatly.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    And as a Betsy stan. She isn't written as bad. Not great but decent compared to say Gambit lol

But I just don't think she's really doing anything.

I like the relationship she is forming with Apocalypse. THAT is interesting to me.

I just want to see her interact with more Krakoan leadership. The Captains and the Quiet Council.
    She should be interacting with the Council, she's an important political piece.

I dind't like her scene with Rictor because she was like "I'll do this" and he was like "Nah" and she was like "Okay". Like it didn't even feel like a discussion, I don't know. I'm bummed I want Betsy to be slaying as Captain Britain but she feels limited here.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I didn't think we were supposed to like it. Cullen was being an entitled creeper there.
    You're probably right.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Marauders is having the fun this book thinks it's having.
    Wanted to repeat this for the back row. Tini may be a lovely person, but her inability to write natural sounding dialogue or scene transitions is so obvious. I’m impressed that she has managed to take bombastic characters and make them all so flat & stiff. There’s no joy to this series.

Gambit running from a warwolf was pathetic. I am sure that Tini is writing him so bad on purpose.

One more garbage issue.

I just read Strikeforce... and it was good! Again! Why is this not on that level argh

Seriously I keep hearing that Strike Force is written well.

Maybe its because she has more characters on that team that she finds more interesting?

Yeah I feel Betsy is limited here.

Isn't Cullen like 14 anyway?

This book just doesn't get good. Imagine having this cast of characters and presenting this? Such a waste.

BANNED

"do what you do best. Adapt" the rest of the issue really wasnt needed wich is lame, fillers can be a good moment to unwind and let it breath but it seems this one was used to speed up the process witout much into it

Tini has had 2 issues with the team now. Depending on how you see the series it's either a team book. A vehicle for Betsy or Apocalypse. Or a mash up.

A very big reason I read X-men comics is because they are a team. I'm so disapointed in her team interactions. It feels like if someone wants to talk about something it has to go through Betsy. It's a very strict and old version of what a team book should be about. I'm still waiting for Jubilee to interact with Gambit or Rogue. Her old teammates from team blue.

Yet again you have to wonder what kind of problem Tini has with Gambit. Everything he does is mirred in the question "how incompetent is he?". How high must the pay off be for us and the team to actually respect him?

I can accept that this series was sold as a essay on mutant culture and magic. The team part certainly seems like an afterthought. Something glued on to sell it to us. For marketing.
    For me it has become a curiosa. Not how will Tini fix these problems but how bad will it get before it gets better.

It is funny that they kill the family of the warwolf baby, but is like "this one i can't kill because it is a baby"